Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tire rotation schedule

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My son just traded in his Model 3 with about 30 K miles on it without ever rotating his tires. My new MY is coming up on that 6250 Mile mark for the first rotation as recommended by the Users Manual. I am leaning toward not rotating mine as I don't expect the OEM "feel good" tires to last much beyond 30 K miles anyway. Has anyone on this forum not rotated their tires and had either good or bad luck with the results?

Upvote 0
My son just traded in his Model 3 with about 30 K miles on it without ever rotating his tires. My new MY is coming up on that 6250 Mile mark for the first rotation as recommended by the Users Manual. I am leaning toward not rotating mine as I don't expect the OEM "feel good" tires to last much beyond 30 K miles anyway. Has anyone on this forum not rotated their tires and had either good or bad luck with the results?

Did your son have a performance M3? Those are staggered with larger tires and rims on the back, making rotation difficult.

Upvote 0
Tires can be rotated for free at places like Discount Tire, so why would you not? I see nothing to gain by not rotating tires while rotating them addresses uneven tire wear - should it occur.

The only tires that cannot be rotated are those that are both directional and staggered. But even those can be rotated if you go through the trouble of dismounting and remounting.

Reactions: woolymammoth17
Upvote 0

I have 41,000 miles on my original Continental tires. I have about 6/32 tread left, with fairly even wear on all 4 tires.

For what it's worth, I rotated once at 18,000 miles.

Upvote 0
I did not know Tesla offers tire rotation. How much does this cost?

You will be better off going to a place like Discount Tire, who will rotate for free. They will also give you an appointment time and you will be out in an hour, while Tesla will take much longer (half-day(. Also, if you opt for the mobile service tire rotation they will do a front to back rotation since they do not have the equipment to do a proper cross-rotation, as is recommended by tire manufacturers.

My advice is to never take your car to a Tesla SC unless you have no other options. Buying tires, rotations, balancing, alignments, brakes and suspension work can be done at any competent shop.

Upvote 0