Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone just had this Tesla SMS who’s collecting a Model Y from Brent Cross? I hope it’s a typo on the SMS as I ordered a Model Y

Tesla Update - We have now closed our London Brent Cross Delivery Hub. Your Model 3 pickup location has been updated to Bluewater Shopping Centre

Has anyone just had this Tesla SMS who’s collecting a Model Y from Brent Cross? I hope it’s a typo on the SMS as I ordered a Model Y

Tesla Update - We have now closed our London Brent Cross Delivery Hub. Your Model 3 pickup location has been updated to Bluewater Shopping Centre
Just had the same! I also ordered a Model Y. It must be a typo (or we're up for a nasty surprise 😊 )

For what it’s worth, I’ve sold all vehicles and bikes on auto trader . I reckon you would get more than using WBAC.
Agree - just sold my F-Pace on Autotrader and managed to get £1K more than WBAC were offering (Motorway and Cazoo offered even less). Bit more hassle but worth the effort in my view. As I'm now having to use my wife's car, I hope Tesla don't keep me waiting much longer for my MY!

Reactions: Ducati 996
T
Regarding legal limbo you mentioned, when you change the plate online, you have two weeks for you to drive on old plates legally to get your new one printed. You just need to inform your insurance provider thats all. This two week thing was told by my insurance provider when I informed them about plate change.
We might be talking crossed wires here but the scenario I was talking about is when you want the new plates on as fast as possible and the paperwork might not have caught up with you! DVLA says you can’t drive it on the new plates until you get the updated V5C logbook.
If you assign the new number online it’s instant, but you need the V5C from Tesla first which comes in the post from the DVLA, and the DVLA say you must put the plates on straight away before you drive it - no 2 weeks grace period.

There isn’t really any point in assigning the new number to the car online until you have the new plates in your hands. Otherwise you ground the car on the drive until the plates arrive.

On the DVLA website and other places I read;
It says you *MUST* put them on before you can drive it.

Your insurance company may give you 2 weeks grace period before they stop paying out but the law doesn’t. (See attachment).

Cheers .

Attachments

• 86AA6A5E-DD31-47C6-92DC-8EC1BFFECB2E.jpeg
    86AA6A5E-DD31-47C6-92DC-8EC1BFFECB2E.jpeg
    535.7 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Campi