Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone just had this Tesla SMS who’s collecting a Model Y from Brent Cross? I hope it’s a typo on the SMS as I ordered a Model Y

Tesla Update - We have now closed our London Brent Cross Delivery Hub. Your Model 3 pickup location has been updated to Bluewater Shopping Centre

Several of us waiting on model 3s had the same. I’m now picking up from southampton, others from bluewater. Brent Cross isn’t ready yet for pickups it seems (after they closed thorpe park as the park is getting ready to reopen)

so probably real unfortunately

Just seen the news about the Berlin plant being delayed

I don’t quite understand what the government has to do about it? you’re making a factory surely its down to you what comes out of the doors? Obviously the cars will have to meet regulations but this all seems a bit of a faff

Several of us waiting on model 3s had the same. I’m now picking up from southampton, others from bluewater. Brent Cross isn’t ready yet for pickups it seems (after they closed thorpe park as the park is getting ready to reopen)

so probably real unfortunately
Yes I had chosen Thorpe Park originally. I sort of prefer Blue Water to Brent Cross if I’m honest. Hopefully doesn’t change again 🤞. I’m collecting early March

Reactions: hairysteve
Has anyone just had this Tesla SMS who’s collecting a Model Y from Brent Cross? I hope it’s a typo on the SMS as I ordered a Model Y

Tesla Update - We have now closed our London Brent Cross Delivery Hub. Your Model 3 pickup location has been updated to Bluewater Shopping Centre

I've just spoken with Tesla customer service about this. The Brent Cross collection point hasn't passed its health and safety checks so it's closed for collections for at least 1-2 weeks. They weren't sure what would happen after that since it may pass its re-tests.

I've left my collection point as Brent Cross after being forced to after Thorpe Park closed, but she did say that at the point at which you receive the text to schedule your collection, you could phone and change it to another collection point like Southampton.

For myself as a company car driver with kids etc it is actually a bigger deal than a 22 plate lol! I WANT A BLOODY PARCEL SHELF MUSK!!!!

Heheh!
LOL - I'm totally with you! It can come on a '52' plate for all I care, so long as it has a parcel shelf.

I started gently letting the wife know it might not be included and she was like, WTAF!?! Seriously hoping this 'stuttering reversing camera' I've read about is fixed too, or I'm in deep trouble :oops:

Long time lurker, but now worried the lease company will miss the March delivery!

Ordered a car directly at end of January with intention for lease company (via company SS scheme) to acquire the RN which they confirmed they would do. I submitted my lease order the same day and has been working through the approval process.

Allocated VIN (via source code) earlier this week with a delivery window of 3rd March - 17th March. and numerous 'car on it's way' messages from Tesla. Have spoken to the lease company pretty much every day since ordering to make sure they are taking over my RN, and then at 8:34, get a text from Tesla confirming my order via a lease company, providing me a new RN. Rang lease co at 9am, who said that they'd placed a new order instead, despite all my phones calls and email confirmation (that they'd ask me to send in!)

Having zero confidence, I contacted Tesla via the chat and dealt with Katy, who was superb saying she'd speak to the relevant team and call me in 10 mins..... She did call, and said they'd move my VIN from my RN, to the lease company RN to hold the vehicle. My personal RN later this afternoon was cancelled, so messaged Tesla again who confirmed VIN had been moved across but could no longer provide any updates as order is owned by lease company. Then get an email from lease company estimating delivery for May 2022!

I'm hoping that's just the generic May 2022 message relating to the 'new order' and not that they've lost my vehicle allocation in the process.....

Fingers crossed it all sorts itself out and I get a March delivery as I've signed the termination for my existing car to be returned early March to avoid having both simultaneously!

Quite un-nerving going from having some visibility in my Tesla account to nothing!

Long time lurker, but now worried the lease company will miss the March delivery!

Ordered a car directly at end of January with intention for lease company (via company SS scheme) to acquire the RN which they confirmed they would do. I submitted my lease order the same day and has been working through the approval process.

Allocated VIN (via source code) earlier this week with a delivery window of 3rd March - 17th March. and numerous 'car on it's way' messages from Tesla. Have spoken to the lease company pretty much every day since ordering to make sure they are taking over my RN, and then at 8:34, get a text from Tesla confirming my order via a lease company, providing me a new RN. Rang lease co at 9am, who said that they'd placed a new order instead, despite all my phones calls and email confirmation (that they'd ask me to send in!)

Having zero confidence, I contacted Tesla via the chat and dealt with Katy, who was superb saying she'd speak to the relevant team and call me in 10 mins..... She did call, and said they'd move my VIN from my RN, to the lease company RN to hold the vehicle. My personal RN later this afternoon was cancelled, so messaged Tesla again who confirmed VIN had been moved across but could no longer provide any updates as order is owned by lease company. Then get an email from lease company estimating delivery for May 2022!

I'm hoping that's just the generic May 2022 message relating to the 'new order' and not that they've lost my vehicle allocation in the process.....

Fingers crossed it all sorts itself out and I get a March delivery as I've signed the termination for my existing car to be returned early March to avoid having both simultaneously!

Quite un-nerving going from having some visibility in my Tesla account to nothing!
Sadly there are some folks here who have been waiting for a VIN and date since October. Hope it all works out for you.

Reactions: mutthouse
LOL - I'm totally with you! It can come on a '52' plate for all I care, so long as it has a parcel shelf.

I started gently letting the wife know it might not be included and she was like, WTAF!?! Seriously hoping this 'stuttering reversing camera' I've read about is fixed too, or I'm in deep trouble :oops:
I'm yet to break the new of a potential lack of a parcel shelf on a £55K+ car to the better half. She may go nuts on collection day 😳