Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed, would happily swap (definitely need a March registration) but not sure there is a way to do that. My order is identical to yours :)
I've put the question to Tesla generically so if they come back to me open to the suggestion we can maybe share RNs (and your VIN) privately somehow and get back to them. But I'm not even sure I'm going to get a March registration - worst case is it will be late Feb which will suit neither of us!

Reactions: RubberDuck46
I see on the Purchase agreement a Delivery and First Registration fee of £935. As they would no longer be delivering the car would it be fair to ask for part of this fee to be deducted?

That's based on being offered a collection in Southampton 19th February 22 which would cost me an estimated £200 in travel expenses and an 8-9 hour round trip!

With my "special" being Aerodrome Bristol I am hoping I can drive it down the runway :)
A colleague of mine went to a Mclaren club event at
Screenshot_20220120-085028_WhatsApp.jpg
Aerospace Bristol and got to park his Mclaren under Concorde for a group photo shoot!

Last edited:
I see on the Purchase agreement a Delivery and First Registration fee of £935. As they would no longer be delivering the car would it be fair to ask for part of this fee to be deducted?

That's based on being offered a collection in Southampton 19th February 22 which would cost me an estimated £200 in travel expenses and an 8-9 hour round trip!
I guess that the majority of the delivery costs relate to shipping from Shanghai, with only a small proportion for dock to delivery point.

What about the delivery cost from Shanghai? Unless you travel to China to pick it up, you shouldn't expect a partial refund!

Reactions: Arran
Has anyone had any luck using the stand-alone Tesla trade-in page to get a valuation added to their current order? After getting a price and saving it, web site says must be applied to an order within 7 days... but the valuation doesnt actually show up in my Tesla account.

Alternatively.. what page do have to lurk on for the chat support icon to appear?

Interestingly after a long phone hold I spoke to David in Deliveries who fully sympathised with my desire to go nowhere near southampton and to have a 22 plate on my Y. He said no problem...would not go to the back of the queue and should expect delivery first week in march at a more convenient location.
Got the impression that was not the first similar request he had received today!
We shall see....?

Has anyone had any luck using the stand-alone Tesla trade-in page to get a valuation added to their current order? After getting a price and saving it, web site says must be applied to an order within 7 days... but the valuation doesnt actually show up in my Tesla account.

Alternatively.. what page do have to lurk on for the chat support icon to appear?
I had some issues much earlier, and I believe someone has spoken to someone from Tesla and was told to just accept the offer and then email the higher quote received to [email protected] and they will review it.

From this post i believe. Model Y UK Delivery

I declined the offer, did the stand-alone Tesla trade-in, gotten an email from their trade-in team that the valuation is confirmed and to save and applied to order, however when I went to the order, it's asking me to re-enter the details and I'm back on the pending valuation stage again so I'm not too sure myself at this stage.