Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Marketing/Advertising campaign. From what I've read it seems that the bulk of the first deliveries will be out of Southampton (as everyone says it reduces their transport costs) whilst a smaller quantity will be sent to Aerospace Centre Bristol, Duxford Imperial War Museum, Rhosneigd and Loch Fyne. Two beautiful landscape settings and two Aerodrome settings, must be marketing, marketing and more marketing. Get ready to spot your number plates in future model Y advertising!

I've yet to see Tesla ever place an advertisement since it's inception, they don't even have a marketing department, internal or external. I'd say the lack of available drivers and car transporters etc. is more of a factor.

Reactions: ajbrun
I've yet to see Tesla ever place an advertisement since it's inception, they don't even have a marketing department, internal or external. I'd say the lack of available drivers and car transporters etc. is more of a factor.
Sorry by advertising I meant the motor industry journos etc, I guarantee it won't just be us new owners at these locations. Tesla may not pay for advertising but they will want to see their Model Y launch all over the motor mags next month.

I had some issues much earlier, and I believe someone has spoken to someone from Tesla and was told to just accept the offer and then email the higher quote received to [email protected] and they will review it.

From this post i believe. Model Y UK Delivery

I declined the offer, did the stand-alone Tesla trade-in, gotten an email from their trade-in team that the valuation is confirmed and to save and applied to order, however when I went to the order, it's asking me to re-enter the details and I'm back on the pending valuation stage again so I'm not too sure myself at this stage.
So this morning I got an email from someone at Tesla in Dartford following up my trade in request and he updated my account to associate the saved trade in valuation. I was then able to upload pics and am now waiting for adjusted final offer.

After looking at outlander prices on auto trader I’m still surprised at how high offers have been - basically what I was expecting for a private sale without the hassle or advertising costs.

I also asked if I’d be able to drop the tradein while collecting on 19th and he said yes.

When I asked what might make the drive to Southampton worth it.. he said all he could say is that “it will be spectacular”

Reactions: sakethcr
Marketing/Advertising campaign. From what I've read it seems that the bulk of the first deliveries will be out of Southampton (as everyone says it reduces their transport costs) whilst a smaller quantity will be sent to Aerospace Centre Bristol, Duxford Imperial War Museum, Rhosneigd and Loch Fyne. Two beautiful landscape settings and two Aerodrome settings, must be marketing, marketing and more marketing. Get ready to spot your number plates in future model Y advertising!
I would definitely take Duxford, haven't been for a while and would spend some time there as well as collecting. But no invite for me anywhere yet.

To be honest I called them at 0930 on the dot because i cant wait for ever on hold.
Email worked like a charm!

1642697387942.png

My working theory… they had a logistics issue where they couldn’t get all cars transported off ships to dealers. Maybe they were late to book transporters. No drivers or transporters already booked for other car manufacturer deliveries.

Can see them in a boardroom trying to find a solution to this £uck up. One guy suggests getting us muppets to pick them up directly off the ship. Great idea but how? Let’s throw a ‘launch event’ 😂

I’m sure they have some transporters just not enough to get them ALL moved.

My theory but I guess we will never know.

I declined their offer.

My working theory… they had a logistics issue where they couldn’t get all cars transported off ships to dealers. Maybe they were late to book transporters. No drivers or transporters already booked for other car manufacturer deliveries.

Can see them in a boardroom trying to find a solution to this £uck up. One guy suggests getting us muppets to pick them up directly off the ship. Great idea but how? Let’s throw a ‘launch event’ 😂

I declined their offer.
Not sure about the logistics argument. There’s lots of M3 orders being delivered/collected beforehand so presumably a few extra MY’s wouldn’t have broken the camels back?

Guy at Tesla says they have something “spectacular” arranged. Can’t see why he’d BS me about that as was no need but very intrigued to find out what it is given they have multiple locations.

I declined their offer.
I think Tesla should build an HGV with autopilot and use it to transport their cars. Perhaps they can refer to such a vehicle as a semi-truck or semi-hgv and so on :)