Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've ordered my first Tesla - A Model Y that I should helpfully get on the 18th March.

Your point has made me think. Often my wife and I will drive someone (takeaway for example) and I'll pop in to pick it up and take my phone with me. Does this mean that the car will lock with her in it and set the alarm off? I think the auto-lock on walkaway or whatever it's called can be disabled, but most of the time, you do want it on. Ami I right that I would have to leave my phone in the car in the above scenario? Crazy if so!
18th March ! You have that delivery date?

Ordered a Black Model Y on first day.
On my account webpage it states: "Estimated Delivery: February 23 - March 09"
Just got a text from Tesla: "Tesla Update - Your wait is nearly over! The very first Model Y deliveries in Northern Ireland will take place from a unique location on February 17th. Look out for your invite via SMS in the next 24 hours."
Dunno which to believe but excited either way!
Yeah believe the text! You’ll get another text offering the 17th, accept the invitation and you’ll get it that day - looks like another “special” launch day !
Otherwise they’ll probably ask you to travel to Southampton on the 19th 😂

I have the "your vehicle is on it's way" message but no text. I went into the Tesla store today and they can see I have a VIN and the car will be offloaded Feb 15th. Pickup from Glasgow so probably a week or so later. I'm trying to push back my order by passing on this VIN (in the States until end of April) so I wonder how far back in the queue Ill get put. Ordering today still says delivery in March.
The 'Glasgow' pick up as I understand is Cairndow on Loch Fyne.

I'm picking up on the 19th Feb and having been stuck on "drafting contracts" for weeks now, I just pestered Tesla for my invoice via the chat window on the website. They very quickly made the invoice active on my page (no idea why they couldn't do it before) and I've paid £1 into the account listed as a test.

For anyone who has paid already, how long did it take for the money to appear on your account? It's been about 30 mins for me and no sign...
Transfer is in one or two hours

Reactions: YBoy
Could be worse, I asked Tesla CS if they could advise when I would be able to either see or test drive the MY in Scotland. They successfully avoiding answering, instead suggesting I could travel to Manchester or Guildford. Not very convenient, suspect I will just have to wait until my own one is delivered to my door.
Belfast's MY viewings begin this Thursday, all appointment based. I would imagine Scotland will happen soon too.

Sorry this sort of question is my first post.
Long time model 3 owner here with model Y ordered around 10.30 on the morning of pre order day. Wondering if anyone else who ordered early that day is still waiting for their call to arms?
Had my black horse HP approved since 9th Jan but still the only info I have on my account is :
Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

With all the action noted on here in the past few weeks wondering if I’ve slipped through the net somehow. Anyone else in Manchester / Cheshire in similar situation?
Emailed sales@ and delivery@ emails and haven’t heard a peep.

Long time model 3 owner here with model Y ordered around 10.30 on the morning of pre order day. Wondering if anyone else who ordered early that day is still waiting for their call to arms?
Had my black horse HP approved since 9th Jan but still the only info I have on my account is :
Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

With all the action noted on here in the past few weeks wondering if I’ve slipped through the net somehow. Anyone else in Manchester / Cheshire in similar situation?
I'm in Cheshire and in pretty much the same position. Ordered later than you (mid Nov) but otherwise in the same situation. I emailed DeliveryGB@ and they told me March pick up from the Trafford Centre. We shall see...

Next Steps

I’m picking up from Manchester. I ordered at beginning and had the same message until text yesterday saying it’s on its way (but no VIN) and account now says estimated delivery 15 Feb - 1 March. I reckon your text will come in next few days ( MY is midnight silver with 20 induction wheels - the exact timing probably depends on your spec)

Reactions: RichardTheKing
Are these cards/fobs prone to relay thefts that have become common these days for cars from other manufacturers? Most of the advice points towards having a pin as an additional layer of security. Is that enough?
The fob is an additional accessory, doesn’t come with Y (if it’s same as 3). The card is NFC, so no. Phone and Bluetooth - possibly, I have not heard of this yet. Bluetooth seems to be quite secure and hard to replicate, as even smart door locks are relying on it.

I had the text yesterday to get ready for pick up and my account page has been updated with a delivery date from 15th Feb-1st March. MYLR Silver/Black/20, Glasgow Tesla centre pick up. I had to call Tesla CS as I had submitted a change of V5 doc (took the private reg off) to update the trade in, and I had heard nothing for a week.
They confirmed my MY is now on it's way from China, but they can't tell which boat. No official VIN number although I can see that on the page source detail.
They also said delivery is very likely the second week in March. That brought me down a tad as the website stated end Feb. I have a sparky booked for the 4th of March to fit the power point, and told Tesla that, but they insisted this is ideal, so I guess I'm waiting a bit longer.
CS also said it will have a parcel shelf and does come with the new Ryzen chip... anyone else had confirmation on these?

Next Steps

Exactly the same here. MYLR Red White 19"

I had a text last week to arrange delivery for 19th Feb in Southampton. I replied yes and called to confirm and got a confirmation text. I called again today to see if I’d been assigned a registration and they’re telling me I was unmatched two days later and don’t have a car and need to wait for the next shipment in March. Anyone else have a similar issue? if so have you been able to resolve. Given I’ve arranged to sell my car and transport for 19th

I had a text last week to arrange delivery for 19th Feb in Southampton. I replied yes and called to confirm and got a confirmation text. I called again today to see if I’d been assigned a registration and they’re telling me I was unmatched two days later and don’t have a car and need to wait for the next shipment in March. Anyone else have a similar issue? if so have you been able to resolve. Given I’ve arranged to sell my car and transport for 19th
Sorry to hear this. Didn't appointment confirmation appear in your account after you accepted the delivery?