Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me. I have done no work this week.
After speaking to CS this week and being told the 2nd week of March, I get a text last night to arrange collection from 24th Feb-4th March. I've gone for the 2nd of March, but can't get through to CS this morning to confirm this will be a 22 plate. Anyone else had confirmation that the cars are not pre registered?
I believe the process for registering Brand new cars is...First Tesla need a VIN, then they fill out the V55/4 to register a vehicle that has never been registered before.
Section 29 requires a Tax date, and this will determine your Registration Date, if they set this to March your number plate will be xx22, then as part of the V55/4 submission Tesla pay the £55 fee, the number plate will then automatically be provided by DLVA.
So I guess they need to make sure you will turn up before proceeding with Registration :)

I believe the process for registering Brand new cars is...First Tesla need a VIN, then they fill out the V55/4 to register a vehicle that has never been registered before.
Section 29 requires a Tax date, and this will determine your Registration Date, if they set this to March your number plate will be xx22, then as part of the V55/4 submission Tesla pay the £55 fee, the number plate will then automatically be provided by DLVA.
So I guess they need to make sure you will turn up before proceeding with Registration :)
Correct, and thanks. I’m just off with CS, and nothing is registered by Tesla until the day of pickup, so 28th=71 plate, 1st March will be 22 plate. They also said that no MY this Q will have a parcel shelf. Only MYP from Berlin will have one, and they have no confirmation that MYLR from Shanghai next Q will have one either. At least we know for the first deliveries.

We have a delivery confirmed for 2nd March. Just conscious whether the above applies to deliveries too as not sure if Tesla pre-reg and would be gutting to have car delivered on 2nd March to get a 71 plate. Its a lease car if it makes any difference.

Correct, and thanks. I’m just off with CS, and nothing is registered by Tesla until the day of pickup, so 28th=71 plate, 1st March will be 22 plate. They also said that no MY this Q will have a parcel shelf. Only MYP from Berlin will have one, and they have no confirmation that MYLR from Shanghai next Q will have one either. At least we know for the first deliveries.
Probably been shared previously, but I'll probably get this if it comes with no rear parcel shelf - which is a bit ridiculous on a £55k car Retractable Rear Trunk Cargo Cover for Tesla Model Y 2020-2022

Reactions: gorghimself
Still no update here after saying no to the 19th Feb delivery. Really hoping I get the text from Tesla today, feels like everyone else has got one!
I wanted to refuse 19th Feb, just to avoid the trip down and the challenge of trying to get insurance by 19th (with no one having Model Y online yet), but no one at Tesla was able to explain exactly how/when I would get a new VIN assigned if I turned down the 19th. Instead, it was all very vague with comments like "hopefully March, but not guaranteed" so for now I have hung on and am still due to collect on the 19th. Interested to know how you get on though.

Yep. Blue LR, white interior, induction wheels

excellent taste ;)
hopefully we get some news soon.
Ive been considering cancelling and going for a Q4 etron...just having doubts about Tesla build quality and comfort on longer drives (wind&road noise).
But not having the super charger network is kind of a big deal i guess.
How much are the Q4 etron?