Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dont know where you have read that....they start at 43k, just checked to be sure. So considerably cheaper than MY. See the screenshot.
I said 5-10k cheaper as thats for a spec that is more similar to the MY in terms of range, but still cheaper.

You have to spec everything max to hit 60k+!

View attachment 764787
For "similar" spec and range you'd need to go for the Sport 50 e-tron quattro with added optional extras (e.g the C+S pack to give you a reversing camera and adaptive cruise control). This would be at a price very similar to the MY. Seriously better build quality in the VAG offering but it would still be slower to 60, have less range overall and couldn't touch the Tesla on space / practicality.

For "similar" spec and range you'd need to go for the Sport 50 e-tron quattro with added optional extras (e.g the C+S pack to give you a reversing camera and adaptive cruise control). This would be at a price very similar to the MY. Seriously better build quality in the VAG offering but it would still be slower to 60, have less range overall and couldn't touch the Tesla on space / practicality.
Coming from an non EV Audi I'd hope they've put a bit more work in to the Audi App. In theory I can lock my Q5 and put the windows up/ down from the App. I could if I were actually able to log in to the app (I've not been able to log in for months and customer service came back saying there was server issues and they weren't sure when they'd be fixed.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Dont know where you have read that....they start at 43k, just checked to be sure. So considerably cheaper than MY. See the screenshot.
I said 5-10k cheaper as thats for a spec that is more similar to the MY in terms of range, but still cheaper.

You have to spec everything max to hit 60k+!

View attachment 764787

Frequently asked questions​

How much does a new Audi e-tron cost?​

You can expect to pay between £58,299 and £102,820 for a brand new car from the Audi e-tron range. The exact price will depend on the model and trim you choose.

Frequently asked questions​

How much does a new Audi e-tron cost?​

You can expect to pay between £58,299 and £102,820 for a brand new car from the Audi e-tron range. The exact price will depend on the model and trim you choose.
Where did you find that price, I researched all the big guns before ordered MY and Tesla were the cheapest in equipment comparison, never mind the superchargers or 0-60 in a breath.

OMG Im in chat with Direct Line... "not taking new business for Tesla anymore". I've stumped them by suggesting if I move my Outlander to them first then I'd not be a new customer.

Update - DL quote £60 more expensive on my Outlander than my existing policy with Sheila's Wheels. They can take a running jump.
Might have to suffer the indignity of using Bell with their telematic box for 6 months after all.

Last edited:
The Audi e-tron is more a competitor for the luxury EVs - Ipace, EQC, Model X, iX, etc. Despite its price tag it's range is quite disappointing - <250miles WLTP
They quote 208 miles range. When you compare you have to look at a number of specs.. though supercharger stands alone. Battery size and subsequent range. Boot capacity as an SUV, even the ability to tow for some. I had a spread sheet and MY came out on top for my needs (I suspect the supercharger will be little used where I am).

OMG Im in chat with Direct Line... "not taking new business for Tesla anymore". I've stumped them by suggesting if I move my Outlander to them first then I'd not be a new customer.

Update - DL quote £60 more expensive on my Outlander than my existing policy with Sheila's Wheels. They can take a running jump.
Might have to suffer the indignity of using Bell with their telematic box for 6 months after all.
Not taking new customers? They are Tesla's Partner!

I emailed the CEO of Direct Line yesterday afternoon, and have just had a call from one of the senior managers on the motor team.

He said that having escalated it yesterday the team responsible for adding the Model Y onto the system tried to update it last night but that failed. He indicated that they were going to try to get it done by Monday and he would call me on Monday with an update.

He said that if it failed on Monday they would keep trying as they are aware of the urgent need to provide cover for the Model Y.

I'll post an update on Monday.

Still no update here after saying no to the 19th Feb delivery. Really hoping I get the text from Tesla today, feels like everyone else has got one!
White Y/LR/black/19 ordered 15-Oct-21, trade-in accepted 11-Jan-22, ignored 2 SMS invitations to Southampton for 19-Feb, since then heard nothing.

Feeling left out!

So seems what they tell you about going back to the top of the queue and not somewhere further down the queue may not be quite right.

Reactions: roadcred
I dont think they really know. Someone the other day got told that they would have parcel shelves! As I recall photos from new MYs in Hong Kong back in December had them.. Given UK cars have been built in 2022 that would mean they changed the production line, tooling etc to facilitate the parcel shelf and then reversed it??? Maybe the reports of cars with the shelf were actually just 3rd party add-ons being used as click-bait 🤷‍♂️
I'm as frustrated as anyone as the girl from CS on Monday told me she was checking the spec on my car and it did have a parcel shelf. The chap this morning sounded the most knowledgeable out of anyone I've spoken to, and he asked I plaster it across all the forums that all Q1 LR MY cars will not have a parcel shelf. I took that as pretty definitive.