Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well at least we got some really good quality close up pics :)

Did anyone else notice that yellow bit on the Inductions? Looks like a square of spray paint. Does anyone know what that is? I assume it comes off easily but I'm surprised it was left on for delivery (or, given the lack of PDI, maybe I'm not surprised)

View attachment 769769
are these all weather tyres ?

Also a quick question on peoples feelings re wheels. As I ordered through a leasing company I didn't get the option to customise the spec so my car is coming with the Gemini 19" with Aero hub caps.

I've gone for pearl white, like I have done for many of my cars and I like the dark contrasting wheels and roof look. So my options are:

1. Remove the aero hubs and get the Gemini alloys powder coated in matt black
  2. Buy Rimetrix Laminar black hub caps from the US, costing about £400 + with the using myUS for shipping and import duties
  3. Instead of £400+ on hub caps buy some aftermarket alloys and swap the tyres (any recommendations for aftermarket model y alloys?)
  4. Don't do anything and hopefully like the aero hub caps or silver alloys as stock
Just leave it... you can't see them from the driver's seat.

Ok, so brief post delivery update from Duxford:

Jaffa cakes ❌
Parcel shelf ❌
Rain ❌

PPF on rear near wheels ✅
Free (Tesla?) Umbrella in boot ✅
Acoustic rear glass ✅ (not double glazed but the expected thin second acoustic layer)
Charge: 217 miles range showed on mine ✅
Battery: I asked and they said its 75Kw’s but I’m not 100% convinced.
Rear USB-C’s: didn’t work when I plugged my cable in to my iphone - BUT I called them over and he explained you need an ‘certified APPLE’ compatible cable ! He plugged his in and it worked, it’s only a cable thing - so v happy ✅
Paint: all seems good ✅
Cleanliness inside ✅
Defects: none ✅

Additionally;
20” induction wheels - went over multiple large potholes on way home; no booming or thudding, ride was excellent very quiet !
Ride: didn’t seem overly firm - normal.
Parcel shelf - all windows are blacked out in the rear quarter with a very dark tint, so you car hardly see what’s in there without a torch. (And it was quite sunny). You can see in when very close up - just. (cover with a blanket if worried or buy the aftermarket parcel shelf or stick it in the lower trunk.)
Software update takes 25 mins.
Any more questions I’ll try answer later when I’ve figured out how to work all the gizmo’s.

Very pleased. Excellent car. Off for a spin now…

😁
Dummy question here - certified Apple cable???? I am a committed Android user - do I have a problem?

Not

"PendingVin": null, then?
computer-says-no.gif