Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding wheels 19/20. Looking at 30 miles range. How often is this going to have a real impact? I’ve never thought ‘wish I had 30 miles more range’. If you’re really going so far as to go from 100% down to nearly zero, you plan to stop a little earlier. This isn’t everyday is it? You do look at your car every day though. When I got my 3 LR, there were no bigger wheel options. The car looks quite ridiculous on 18’s with Aeros removed.

My point is, if 30 miles range is so critical to you? Is an EV really for you?
I fully Agree. It is all personal though. It’s only quoted as 20 miles extra anyway.

When I ordered my LR the theoretical ranges quoted were:
19” = 326
20” = 316
Between ordering and ‘delivery’ the range quoted changed to:
19” = 351
20” = 331

So you ‘actually’ got more range than ordered; more than the original 19’s when you ordered the 20’s 😁
~ That’s the way I look at it.

It’s kind of like paying for coloured paint or white interior. Completely personal.
How much does that affect the range?
And yet people pay for different colours and interior but don’t want to buy the bigger wheels for cost reasons? Again, we all have our personal preferences and constraints.

Usually all car manufacturers up sell you better wheels at a cost, as well as the paint etc.

Normally these bigger/ or ‘better?’ wheel and tyres give you the following benefits

1) Better grip (bigger contact footprint)
2) Lighter alloy wheels
3) Look much better/‘sportier’

In the case of Teslas we have this extra range conundrum to consider. Although, the real
World range is much less anyway. For example, if you go on a long trip from 100% you’re presumably gonna charge around 20% which means you’ll only get 80% of that theoretical extra 20 miles which is 16 miles more on the 19”’s !
Factor in real world range and it’s likely only 12 miles or so extra. Or if you drive from 80%—>20% works out about 10 miles extra IRL.
Most people will want to get out and stretch their legs after 150-200 miles anyway.

I’ve got the 20’s and they look great. Ride actually feels better than the VW beetle on sports suspension we have (which is basically same ride as an upgraded golf GTI)

It’s very subjective, as it depends where you’ve come from before, as to how the ride ‘feels’.

I think the 20’s look and ride amazing. If you like the look of the 20’s better - go for it, you won’t regret it.

One question I have is; why is the tyre pressure 50PSI when delivered???
All other low profiles I have ever owned it’s like 35PSI. Seems unusually high.
Anyone know?

Reactions: VX Foxy
I went for 19 Gemini, purely on comments on ride quality. If I was going for looks I’d have bought a Corvette Stingray or an e- type roadster drophead. TBH the MY in my opinion is not beautiful. I didn’t buy it for looks particularly. 🙄
I agree on the looks and that there are better looking cars out there if the deciding factor is how sexy the car looks.

Let's face it the model y is something that's been designed by performance in a wind tunnel and not for looks...
The MY is way more than about looks...for me it's a family orientated car that has world leading technology and I want one. The 20 inch wheels are not going to make a family car designed for the middle aged any more sexer ...but the tech does.

May be something I don't get;
it will be more interesting for people who like the 20" black, to get the car with the 19" gemini and buy for £2k+ 4 brand new black wheels with tyres, therefore you can either sell the 19" Gemini and get some money back or keep them as spare (i.e. winter tyre, etc....)?

Does anyone know if the cars being delivered to the UK have the larger LG batteries of 82kwh. Website now suggests 351 WLTP on 19"s. Not sure I have seen anyone post on capacity
This suggests the 82kWh is only in the Model 3.

Attachments

• 4ea69fa884d39c5357d6564981920e9918e9f644.png
    4ea69fa884d39c5357d6564981920e9918e9f644.png
    181 KB · Views: 60
Has anybody else had their expected delivery date of 15th March - 29 March disappear?

I spent months folornly looking at my account only to see "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date". Then last week up popped a delivery date range. A VIN arrived on Friday. Now I have still have a VIN but no delivery date range.

I think other people have experienced this as well. Is this normal? Anybody have any idea what might happen next?

Tesla's ordering process is certainly an emotional roller coaster!

I went for 19 Gemini, purely on comments on ride quality. If I was going for looks I’d have bought a Corvette Stingray or an e- type roadster drophead. TBH the MY in my opinion is not beautiful. I didn’t buy it for looks particularly. 🙄
Its beautiful with the 20" wheels.....stingray and e-type....youve got awful taste 😆 ;)

Has anybody else had their expected delivery date of 15th March - 29 March disappear?

I spent months folornly looking at my account only to see "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date". Then last week up popped a delivery date range. A VIN arrived on Friday. Now I have still have a VIN but no delivery date range.

I think other people have experienced this as well. Is this normal? Anybody have any idea what might happen next?

Tesla's ordering process is certainly an emotional roller coaster!
Does the schedule link do anything?

tesla.com/en_GB/schedule/RNxxxxxxxx

Does any one know if the interior of the Car can be changed at a later point in time by Tesla ? I went for Midnight Grey with default black. Now seeing the videos and assurances given by people that white is not nearly as bad to maintain and clean as it seems. I have a 1 year old so I went for black. White looks out of this world. Gives the car that expensive royal feel.
Me and my Missus are now having major regrets.
:(

Does any one know if the interior of the Car can be changed at a later point in time by Tesla ? I went for Midnight Grey with default black. Now seeing the videos and assurances given by people that white is not nearly as bad to maintain and clean as it seems. I have a 1 year old so I went for black. White looks out of this world. Gives the car that expensive royal feel.

It'll probably cost a kings ransom. If you cannot live with what you have it will probably make economic sense to change car at a later date.