Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made an order for the Rimetrix hubs on myus.com earlier today and had a cancellation for the order this evening with no specific reason. Anyone else managed to place an order on myus for these in recent days?
Maybe they're doing you a favour, if they are shipping to the UK themselves from March, as suggested earlier in the thread.

I ordered on the 20th, myus has forwarded it on today. FedEx est delivery date is 3rd March.

Why is it poor? I thought tesla uses the RAC as well.
They use local independents. The cover is recovery to the nearest SC only. No national recovery or onward travel. If you run out of charge then it is a chargeable recovery. If you have a whee/tyre issue or are locked out and you are further than 50 miles from the nearest SC then you have to pay excess mileage.

Reactions: Arran
Kiss and tell @drewpost 😃, checks location notes no racing in Surrey 😉
Ha! Well we had an SR+ 2019 Model 3 and I loved the acceleration in that. Then last March we got a LR model with the 4.2 acceleration and it made my SR+ feel slow. On a whim, knowing I had 48 hours to return it, I bought acceleration boost on the 3 and it was next level. Put you in the back of your seat off the line and more grunt all the way up to 70ish MPH. When I test drove the Model Y, going from 3.7 seconds to 4.8 was one of the first things I noticed. It felt like my SR+. It also didn't feel as consistent an application of power from the 0 to 60 range.

So, when I collected my Y last Saturday, I gave it a little bit of driving as configured but then I bought AB. It immediately made the off the line feel more punchy. Not like the 3 but it felt significantly better than before. It also felt like I had the ability to kick out that extra power all the way up to 70. Suffice it to say I wouldn't look back.

Practical reasons aside, one time a BMW M3 snuck on the outside of a queue into a turn lane and beat my SR+ acceleration to get in front of me and the queue of traffic and I simply couldn't allow THAT to to ever happen again so I always go for more oomph :)

Our one being delivered in a couple weeks time but thought I still honour the test drive booking today at Chelmsford. Thankfully it is now wife and kids approved so no cancellation required!

Tip for those test driving at Chelmsford, try plan to arrive a bit early as the traffic around this area is terrible.
8E399C3E-2370-46FB-81B0-3DA2C89069A4.jpeg

Attachments

• CD5402C3-6209-4E34-83E5-311AB55271E5.jpeg
    CD5402C3-6209-4E34-83E5-311AB55271E5.jpeg
    596.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 27079D1C-C023-45D0-9F10-D7E984BBA35F.jpeg
    27079D1C-C023-45D0-9F10-D7E984BBA35F.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: Maplepho
Ha! Well we had an SR+ 2019 Model 3 and I loved the acceleration in that. Then last March we got a LR model with the 4.2 acceleration and it made my SR+ feel slow. On a whim, knowing I had 48 hours to return it, I bought acceleration boost on the 3 and it was next level. Put you in the back of your seat off the line and more grunt all the way up to 70ish MPH. When I test drove the Model Y, going from 3.7 seconds to 4.8 was one of the first things I noticed. It felt like my SR+. It also didn't feel as consistent an application of power from the 0 to 60 range.

So, when I collected my Y last Saturday, I gave it a little bit of driving as configured but then I bought AB. It immediately made the off the line feel more punchy. Not like the 3 but it felt significantly better than before. It also felt like I had the ability to kick out that extra power all the way up to 70. Suffice it to say I wouldn't look back.

Practical reasons aside, one time a BMW M3 snuck on the outside of a queue into a turn lane and beat my SR+ acceleration to get in front of me and the queue of traffic and I simply couldn't allow THAT to to ever happen again so I always go for more oomph :)
Its all about commitment. If the bmw was that committed to do it, you should just let him get on with it imho. Sounds like he caught off guard. Even me with a 2.6 0-60 bike have to look out for people trying it out and have no quibbles letting them be cheeky. Sometimes you're better off just letting them get on with it other that putting yourself and others at danger. Bit early for Sunday service but there you go :)