Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up my dark blue MY in Glasgow on Tuesday. I was in the US last week and took the opportunity to visit a Tesla showroom outside Denver. They had about a dozen models, all different colours etc. I thought it looked fantastic, better than I had imagined it would, the 'trunk' bigger than I expected too tbh. It was really quite exciting as folks were turning up to collect cars etc. Insurance sorted via Direct Line - a total pita - I'm buying mine through my company and I could find nobody to even quote. A quick phone call to Tesla (tbh it wasn't that quick) and they explained they could put "care of 'my name'" on the V5 and that did the trick. £620 for 3 drivers including me with a claim and me and the missus with a smattering of SP30's. Not too bad. Now trying to hunt down all weather mats, not a simple process particulary as I have just anounced a self proclaimed embargo on items from China - a tad ironic given where the car is coming from!!

Can anyone tell me how to apply a trade-in estimate?

I have a confirmed order with delivery date mid March.

I have an email trade-in estimate from Tesla I am happy with. It says to apply the trade-in, go to your Web account, choose trade-in and update mileage and pictures.

When I do that it just starts another trade-in estimate process, as though I hadn't already gone round that loop.
I just replied to the email (from [email protected]) to add it back to my account/RN after I removed it by accident..

Reactions: kcrane
Then why can Americans order it? Configurable from order page
because their cars aren't made in China.

I imagine the China factory is geared up to produce as may vehicles as possible, and one way to achieve that is to not offer many options, especially as they batch build rather than build to order like most other manufacturers.

Maybe once the MY is introduced to all countries and the initial surge of orders is out of the way they may offer more options - or the extra factories in US, Germany and China will allow it.

But the 7 seat MY is a compromise too far IMO anyway - best to steer clear. (start at 8 mins)

As i understand the support bar and electrics are there, you're paying for the 'bespoke ' tow ball. Bdqm.
That is what I thought but isn't what they say, or maybe not the way I read it

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 19.03.54.png

Reactions: tess19
That is what I thought but isn't what they say, or maybe not the way I read it

View attachment 773712
Apparently read on the Facebook model Y page, someone had there model Y in this week to install the tow bar. Service had the car for 4 hours to fit the tow bar but apparently they had the wrong part so he has to come back in to get it redone. So it sounds like the tow bar hasn't been installed.

Reactions: hairysteve