Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up today. A few tiny, tiny issues but on the whole I’m happy. Need to wash it tomorrow to find out if their cleaning crew screwed the paint.

My jeans got wet in the rain so I’ve already got blue dye transfer on the driver’s seat. Got 90-95% of it off with a single baby wipe but had to stop because the rain was soaking the interior.

Picked mine up today. A few tiny, tiny issues but on the whole I’m happy. Need to wash it tomorrow to find out if their cleaning crew screwed the paint.

My jeans got wet in the rain so I’ve already got blue dye transfer on the driver’s seat. Got 90-95% of it off with a single baby wipe but had to stop because the rain was soaking the interior.
Get some decent leather sealant on those white seats asap!

Leather sealant works on vinyl (plastic) leather as well as genuine (animal) leather, actually most cars with genuine leather actually have a vinyl coating on top of them. Trust me, it makes them far easier to clean, and could actually prevent some permanent stains.

Any recommendations? Every YouTuber seems to be getting paid to promote Gyeon Leather Shield so I have my doubts about it.

There’s a lot of anecdotal evidence on this forum from people with 3 year old Model 3s that have never protected their seats and they still look new.

Any recommendations? Every YouTuber seems to be getting paid to promote Gyeon Leather Shield so I have my doubts about it.

There’s a lot of anecdotal evidence on this forum from people with 3 year old Model 3s that have never protected their seats and they still look new.
I’ve used this one for years:

Dodo Juice Supernatural SNLS250 Leather Sealant Protection Spray 250 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DS42G1Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_RKJB1SRXFSNHJHNA7ZPW

There’s also loads of people in Tesla groups who have got stains on the seats that they could not shift.

Reactions: thewanted
Reactions: thewanted
I checked with a garage today and was told they would be illegal.....

I will therefore stick with standard plates...even though the frame is ugly.
Just stick the standard plates direct to the car:
A9C25815-FDC6-4D67-BD03-62733F3834FC.jpeg

Picked up my Stormtrooper from Manchester today. Weather was awful but the staff were great. After trusting me that I’d left my trade in outside, I was taken to my new car. I was a little early but wasn’t an issue.

I gave the car as good of a check as I could in the dimly lit Trafford Centre tent and the car appeared pretty good. There were a few marks I flagged up which were cleaned for me there and then but no panel gaps or dodgy alignment. The interior was immaculate and looked well put together and with the white seats it did feel like a luxury interior to me.

I had exactly 30% charge so thought I’d pop to the nearest supercharger in the direction of home so set the nav to ‘Manchester South SuC’ (to precondition battery) and off I went. The ride was firm but perfectly acceptable and the tyres were at 49psi which was a little high I think. One pedal driving is amazing and I loved it but I found the seat to be a little uncomfortable at first. After some adjustment with the lumber support it improved but didn’t feel as comfy as my disco sport.

When I got to Manchester South in the driving rain it was a nightmare. Wasn’t expecting a small SC car park with a 15 min wait for a stall. I think I wasn’t the only one doing what I was doing as there were 3 very new looking Model Y’s there and it wouldn’t have been so bad if not for the weather. Eventually I plugged in and when I realised it was charging at 50KWh, I went to use the loo.

The nice staff inside offered me free coffee, can of coke and a bottle of water (which probably would have cost the £10 of electrons I spent) and once I had enough charge to head off I did.

I belted it home enjoying a mixture of A and B roads and the car came alive and by the time I got home I didn’t want to stop driving. I still have so much to learn about this machine but already can’t wait to get up tomorrow to learn some more. What a day, what a car.

Right, I’m boring myself now so night all and good luck to all of you collecting over the next couple of weeks. It is defo worth the wait. ✊🏻

Picked up my Stormtrooper from Manchester today. Weather was awful but the staff were great. After trusting me that I’d left my trade in outside, I was taken to my new car. I was a little early but wasn’t an issue.

I gave the car as good of a check as I could in the dimly lit Trafford Centre tent and the car appeared pretty good. There were a few marks I flagged up which were cleaned for me there and then but no panel gaps or dodgy alignment. The interior was immaculate and looked well put together and with the white seats it did feel like a luxury interior to me.

I had exactly 30% charge so thought I’d pop to the nearest supercharger in the direction of home so set the nav to ‘Manchester South SuC’ (to precondition battery) and off I went. The ride was firm but perfectly acceptable and the tyres were at 49psi which was a little high I think. One pedal driving is amazing and I loved it but I found the seat to be a little uncomfortable at first. After some adjustment with the lumber support it improved but didn’t feel as comfy as my disco sport.

When I got to Manchester South in the driving rain it was a nightmare. Wasn’t expecting a small SC car park with a 15 min wait for a stall. I think I wasn’t the only one doing what I was doing as there were 3 very new looking Model Y’s there and it wouldn’t have been so bad if not for the weather. Eventually I plugged in and when I realised it was charging at 50KWh, I went to use the loo.

The nice staff inside offered me free coffee, can of coke and a bottle of water (which probably would have cost the £10 of electrons I spent) and once I had enough charge to head off I did.

I belted it home enjoying a mixture of A and B roads and the car came alive and by the time I got home I didn’t want to stop driving. I still have so much to learn about this machine but already can’t wait to get up tomorrow to learn some more. What a day, what a car.

Right, I’m boring myself now so night all and good luck to all of you collecting over the next couple of weeks. It is defo worth the wait. ✊🏻
Congrats!

The seats do get comfier, the lumbar support really dug into my back at first, but was perfect after a couple of thousand miles. Not sure if the seat softened, or my back adjusted to them.

How did you attach the front one directly to the body please?
I stuck mine on the back plate to get rid of the frame, which looks much better but couldn’t think of a good way to attach straight to the front bumper because of all the curves.
Thanks in advance.
Strips of 3M VHB tape at the top and bottom of the plate, and attached it slightly higher on the bumper to avoid the worst of the curves.

Reactions: Pete UK