Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Generally you can transfer your RN to a leasing company. Dunno if that will work for Salary Sacrifice, but I don't see why not

Price is hyped (compared to just buying a company car)
Insurance, recovery etc. is typically built-in - may be at a rate that you could find better elsewhere
No deposit - good&bad - you can sell your existing 2nd hand ... but you get no ability to reduce monthly amount
Impact on pension (your taxable / pension-able pay is lower)
Your employer might not give you back the Employer NI
If you think the residuals will be good you will lose out on that (no ability to buy the car out-of-lease at the end AFAIK)

But in many/most? cases SS will be worthwhile, particularly for higher tax payers
wow superb reply, thank you so much.

Generally you can transfer your RN to a leasing company. Dunno if that will work for Salary Sacrifice, but I don't see why not

Price is hyped (compared to just buying a company car)
Insurance, recovery etc. is typically built-in - may be at a rate that you could find better elsewhere
No deposit - good&bad - you can sell your existing 2nd hand ... but you get no ability to reduce monthly amount
Impact on pension (your taxable / pension-able pay is lower)
Your employer might not give you back the Employer NI
If you think the residuals will be good you will lose out on that (no ability to buy the car out-of-lease at the end AFAIK)

But in many/most? cases SS will be worthwhile, particularly for higher tax payers
wow superb reply, thank you so much.

Mines still showing May delivery on the website and app. spoke to tesla today and they were useless. but did say they are expecting 8x more delivery in july than june.

Got two on order and stupidly close to end of company financial year.

Mines still showing May delivery on the website and app. spoke to tesla today and they were useless. but did say they are expecting 8x more delivery in july than june.

Got two on order and stupidly close to end of company financial year.
I’d find it hard to believe 8x the deliveries. If we have had a single delivery in June. This means 8 deliveries in July. Which would be roughly 18 days of production if they produce 2000 a day. Cannot believe they would focus solely on the UK market for 18 days out of 30.

Hope I’m wrong though.

Have you had any luck with speaking to Tesla or ALD? Not looking positive.
Tesla via Live Chat and telephone were no help and very, very vague.

ALD via email attempt one just gave me a standard response and provided a Tesla email address which was no longer in use and a telephone number to try which had the wrong department/extension number.

I asked ALD via a message on Twitter a couple of days back and I have an email conversation going with them now where they say they will provide me with a delivery date update once they have my Quote number (which I've not provided). I'm not expecting anything conclusive from this tbh but will post once they email back.

Got through to Shane at Tesla, who was quick and actually seemed like he wanted to help. Didn’t bring me good news, but I had kinda resolved myself to this based on what everyone else has been going through, quite frustrated with Zen more than Tesla, but this is what Shane said.
“It looks like we are still waiting on an update confirming future shipment dates. we are still experiencing some delays off the back of the lockdown in Shanghai. As soon as we have some updates around future shipments which are currently being delayed due to the back log, we will be able to set a clear expectation for you. In my opinion looking at your order, to give you some idea, I would likely anticipate a Q3 delivery looking at around Aug/Sep though we will constantly be trying to bring this forward for you.

At least he was honest and transparent, far more than I can say about Zen. Who still insist it will be a June delivery based on their ‘bulk order’ from March.