Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thoughts on upgrading the Gemini’s to either the Ali Express or Rimetrix covers? Can’t decide whether it’s worth £160-£300 to prevent alloy damage and make the wheels look nicer, or waste of money and just leave as is. Expecting delivery start of September.
Look good and I’ve only heard positive reviews (albeit soon after installing). I’m not a fan of the silver covers but didn’t want to pay £1200 extra at the cost of 20 miles of range (although I don’t think that’s really a big issue).

Any thoughts on upgrading the Gemini’s to either the Ali Express or Rimetrix covers? Can’t decide whether it’s worth £160-£300 to prevent alloy damage and make the wheels look nicer, or waste of money and just leave as is. Expecting delivery start of September.
Rimetrix work out around £400 once you include import tax. They look nice sat in my garage. Can’t comment on what they look like on the car yet!

Reactions: QuanTim
Only works if you're buying direct.

For lease customers, go to Tesla.com, click the menu and change to United Kingdom, English, swap to M3, search inventory and look at the bottom right.

At least that's the way I get to it.
Hero! Thanks for this!

And the lovely Melissa confirmed I have a VIN and will be contacted by Tesla delivery team directly with a delivery date soon. So happy :)

Reactions: Jelhead
New here just thought I'd add my experience to the pile - Ordered 27th March, White/Black/19 through Arval (salary sacrifice). EDD was June then July then pushed to September. It's currently still 30th Sept but no VIN yet. Spoke to Arval to find out if I had a VIN but they said they wouldn't know that and can only see my RN and my EDD.

Have tried to speak to Tesla via live chat to see if I have a VIN but they won't speak to me as "I need to get the lease company to give authorisation to discuss the account". Obviously this is because technically Arval is their customer not me.

Guess I'm in the dark until someone decides to let me know what's going on...

I was going to do a PSA to all 19" MY owners to please either paint your wheels black or put the Rimetrix covers on them - but that would be just RUDE!

I brazenly called Tesla again this morning (yeah I should be bloody working! 🙈). Now I know the 1st rule that neither EDDs nor Tesla Advisors' words can be fully trusted, but they were confident that my 1st May order will be fulfilled in September. They mentioned a ship arriving "in September" but didn't get a ship name out of the kind bloke at the end of the line. So either he was full of (Bjorn Nyland's) sheeeeit, or there's expected to be another ship to arrive before end of the quarter... the wait is painful.

• Love
Reactions: _Dave_ and Daedalus
New here just thought I'd add my experience to the pile - Ordered 27th March, White/Black/19 through Arval (salary sacrifice). EDD was June then July then pushed to September. It's currently still 30th Sept but no VIN yet. Spoke to Arval to find out if I had a VIN but they said they wouldn't know that and can only see my RN and my EDD.

Have tried to speak to Tesla via live chat to see if I have a VIN but they won't speak to me as "I need to get the lease company to give authorisation to discuss the account". Obviously this is because technically Arval is their customer not me.

Guess I'm in the dark until someone decides to let me know what's going on...

Further to the above - I also spoke to Melissa who told me to effectively "jog on" because I need to get the lease company to authorise them to speak to me...

Welcome! This sounds normal for lease customers. Even when Tesla does eventually deliver cars to Arval, Arval still has to assign you a car amongst its own customers (and in no particular order). You are actually fighting two battles.

I was going to do a PSA to all 19" MY owners to please either paint your wheels black or put the Rimetrix covers on them - but that would be just RUDE!

I brazenly called Tesla again this morning (yeah I should be bloody working! 🙈). Now I know the 1st rule that neither EDDs nor Tesla Advisors' words can be fully trusted, but they were confident that my 1st May order will be fulfilled in September. They mentioned a ship arriving "in September" but didn't get a ship name out of the kind bloke at the end of the line. So either he was full of (Bjorn Nyland's) sheeeeit, or there's expected to be another ship to arrive before end of the quarter... the wait is painful.
haha, I thought you were waiting for me to update?

Well done you, let's wait and see

#teamblue20

Hi all - just checked with online chat and still no VIN for my 30th March order 😣 anyone who has ordered through LEX been given a VIN/date yet?! Feel like I’ve literally missed the boat…again!
For those who are going through a lease or company hire scheme through work (Tusker etc)

My brother in law placed an order in Feb 2022 and never received any information from his lease company or Tesla until 2 weeks before delivery.

We even asked for VINs and they wouldn’t tell him (atleast a 4-5 weeks before delivery). He eventually received the car on June 26th. He was only told 2 weeks before but prior was told nothing in terms of allocation

So hang in there!

Reactions: Edwardlee2
Hi guys. New here so sorry for an easy question. I've now got my RN from Zenith and want to go on live chat to speak to Tesla...can't seem to find it though, could anyone point me in the right direction?
Courtesy of Spacerat:

go to Tesla.com, click the menu and change to United Kingdom, English, swap to M3, search inventory and look at the bottom right.

Worked for me this morning.

I've boldly reduced my Distill checking frequency from every minute to every 5 minutes, and I'll revert back at 3pm! 🤣
Snap!

I did forget how intense this roller coaster can get... Also realised the relief many VINners are getting knowing they no longer need to be on the edge checking/waiting for change. Very happy for you all, what a feeling it must be.

I know our time will come but I just want off this roller coaster now... getting dizzy. 🤢

Snap!

I did forget how intense this roller coaster can get... Also realised the relief many VINners are getting knowing they no longer need to be on the edge checking/waiting for change. Very happy for you all, what a feeling it must be.

I know our time will come but I just want off this roller coaster now... getting dizzy. 🤢
Even though I’m June order, I’m getting excited now.

There is doubt in the back of my mind I will be pushed to December, but let’s hope!

Reactions: ROTA
For those who are going through a lease or company hire scheme through work (Tusker etc)

My brother in law placed an order in Feb 2022 and never received any information from his lease company or Tesla until 2 weeks before delivery.

We even asked for VINs and they wouldn’t tell him (atleast a 4-5 weeks before delivery). He eventually received the car on June 26th. He was only told 2 weeks before but prior was told nothing in terms of allocation

So hang in there!
I get the impression that’s the Tesla way…they don’t give out info…unless they can help it when it comes to a lease….although…clearly if you’re persistent it pays off…

8:15…sorry you don’t have a VIN

09:00 - checked my order is all in an Ok status as others have a VIN and I don’t poor me…and wouldn’t you know it… I HAVE A VIN!!!! Wooo hooo!! 🤩

So the question now is…I have to give my hire car company 4 weeks notice….am I safe to give it now?! 🤷‍♂️🤔

Reactions: Daedalus