Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll help you. Im the same spec as you, ordered 20-April and no vin.
Someone from #TeamBlue just posted they ordered on 6-April and are picking up (may have been slightly different spec).

Hoping we’re both on the next ship.
I asked a TA and got “EDD window is September, but this is subject to change”

I liked the first part of the sentence much better than the second 😐

Reactions: Toblerone
Got an email requesting I book my SC appointment to pick up the motor! Great news - Belfast on the 14th September (so obviously straight off the boat and onto another boat to over here :) ).

How do we go about paying? Nothing in the account yet or anywhere else I can see... Do we wait for them to figure out an invoice?

Thanks.

Reactions: Human_
I texted back my address but also told them I can collect (only if the collection date is earlier). Still waiting for my reply but will let you know if I get one.
I've not had a reply yet but Live chat said the team don't check for replies for a while due to the amount of messages. The next response we will just get a follow up text with delivery confirmation, VIN, REG etc.

We are looking at the ships in Shanghai now, either just loaded (Glovis Challenge) or about to (Glovis Sunrise), or at a stretch not yet there for a few days (? Glovis Spring)
Given 28 days for the journey and 2 weeks delivery (tight schedule from what I have read) a ship needs to leave by Friday to make end of Q. If Tesla really are as against having assets in transit during the end of Q then it's close end game for this quarter. We will see if I need to go look for a nice Christmas jumper for collection by this weekend

Given 28 days for the journey and 2 weeks delivery (tight schedule from what I have read) a ship needs to leave by Friday to make end of Q.

The two-week delivery isn't necessarily needed. Looking back at old posts, it seems that in Q2, MORNING PEACE departed Shanghai 22 May 2022 and arrived in Southampton on 27th June for 3 wild days of chaotic collections (presumably only for people who could get to Southampton or the nearby collection points).

However, it seems GLOVIS COMPANION estimated journey is only 25 days so perhaps shorter journeys are possible, giving us a bit more time to fit in another UK-bound ship (maybe up until 1st/2nd September).

Also had a delivery text from Tesla today for 15th September.

So a question about adding the car to my Tesla account via a lease.

I understand the car is released by the lease company and added to your Tesla account a few hours after delivery.

Presumably the lease company will need to know my Tesla account user name to do this? Will they request it or Tesla?

👍🏻

Last edited: