Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys - first timer around here - happy to join the waiting party! :p

I ordered my Model Y long range - Midnight silver - 19'' Gemini on 9th August via the salary sacrifice scheme (LexAutolease). Estimated delivery Jan-Mar 23. What are the chances of getting my car this side of the year? Has it happened before to anyone? (i.e earlier than expected delivery)

Thank you

I ordered my Model Y long range - Midnight silver - 19'' Gemini on 9th August via the salary sacrifice scheme (LexAutolease). Estimated delivery Jan-Mar 23. What are the chances of getting my car this side of the year? Has it happened before to anyone? (i.e earlier than expected delivery)

Thank you
Welcome! If you have a look at the previous posts in this thread and look at peoples signatures, you can gauge how you might do.

In my limited humble opinion, I don’t want to give you hopium and say it is unlikely you’ll get your car this year.

Good luck!

Thank you
Suggest you have March 23 as your target. On past form Tesla wont deliver in Jan or most of Feb. Good luck.

Reactions: ermis1234
Has anyone else had their delivery confirmation text, asking you to reply with your delivery address, but then heard nothing more?

I got my text at 12:30 yesterday afternoon and replied pretty much straight away. I’ve not heard anything back since but not sure if that’s normal.

Struggling to sleep last night, so I started thinking about my Tesla... Came to a worrying conclusion and am hoping someone can find a flaw in my thinking...

The Q2 deliveries got to about mid-March in terms of orders, and so far in Q3 we've had 2 partial boats and a full boat that was mostly MY come to the UK, and the latest order I've seen fulfilled is 7th April, say approx 3 weeks of orders were filled.

So in order to reach end April we need the same again, and from what I can tell on the shipping forum there aren't any explicitly UK bound ships on the horizon, so at best we share with Europe... And now that the M3 line is fully operational, any boats are likely to be roughly evenly with between M3 and MY. By my back of a cigarette packet calcs reckon 6-7 shared ships are needed to get to end April.

I really hope I'm just being pessimistic

Has anyone else had their delivery confirmation text, asking you to reply with your delivery address, but then heard nothing more?

I got my text at 12:30 yesterday afternoon and replied pretty much straight away. I’ve not heard anything back since but not sure if that’s normal.
Exactly same here, text at 12.31, replied but nothing else. A few have said they have received a confirmation text after submitting an address.

Thank you
Welcome. To give you a gauge, I’m a mid April order and hoping for delivery this quarter but it isn’t confirmed.
So that’s a 5 month wait which would put you right in Q1 delivery (say Feb, as they don’t deliver in the first month of the quarter).
Of course there’s always a chance for December delivery, depending on the wait for your spec (which we can’t know), but it’s not that likely tbh.

Reactions: ermis1234
Exactly same here, text at 12.31, replied but nothing else. A few have said they have received a confirmation text after submitting an address.
I phoned them this morning and they confirmed that they had received my reply and that it’s a small team with a lot of messages sent out at the same time so could be some time for a response. Also stated the email was automated to ensure communication through multiple streams to ensure a response for the customer.

Just spotted this heading north on the A34 in Oxfordshire (pic from dashcam screengrab).
C4170EA1-8CEB-412E-B70D-D6C59D923FED.jpeg