Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in exactly the same boat. My EDD changed last week. To be honest, I don’t know why they gave us a Sept EDD, the original one for me was December.

They got me all excited and now I have a Tesla Wall charger installed months early 😂. Also facing the prospect of having to change timing belt and getting new tyres for my current car which is painful!
Ouch! That is going to Hurt!

Was the Charger simple to install?

It was simple, just cost a lot of money as you need to get a PEN Fault device to go along with it. It does look great, no idea if it works 😂. Hopefully I’ll get my Tesla by the time the warranty runs out or I’ll be borrowing a neighbours EV to test it!
It's a little paranoid but you might want to access the configuration for the connector and set it to either just Tesla or authorised Tesla's only. I have heard one or two stories of brazen individuals parking up and just using peoples chargers. By default anyone can just use the connector to charger.

I just had a reply to my delivery text that I got at the infamous time of 12.31pm yesterday afternoon. They intitially gave me a delivery window of 8am onwards but upon questioning I have now arranged for collection at 10.30am from NEC. At least now I won't have to sit around and wait, and I know i'll get it in the morning

Reactions: neuralsandwich
Exactly the same cost as me! I’ve actually switched it off at the breaker for now. I might get another Tesla test drive and drive it back here to test charge.
I would really like to try mine. The Tesla test drive is great and all but I'd love to have one for 2 hours so I could drive home test the charger and drive back. Get a feel on roads I know but Edinburgh is just a bit to far away for the 30 minute slots you get 😞

Reactions: KB2022
If your trade-in offer is due to expire (it shouldn't because Telsa reverted to 30 day validation period, so only issue offers once delivery date secured), phone them (01628 450066) and enquire if they can extend it. I was in this boat and the offer was extend by 3 days so it wouldn't expire. I found the trade-in offer to be competitive and didn't want to lose that benefit

Ahhh ok, that makes sense. I used frizzy’s VIN decoder (and if I’m reading it correctly) i have an N for the year it was made (2022).

Just in answer to my original question, I texted the flat bed or driven question to Tesla text number and they responded that it’s delivered by low loader via 3rd party. Fairly happy with that! 😬
Just a quick question about delivery...I had someone reach out to me from Zen regarding delivery of the Tesla on a different date to what Tesla has been telling me with a 22 plate car. So it seems that there's a big bit of confusion around where the cars are coming from, Zen are adamant that there's a 'in stock' car that can be delivered to me next week that the supplier has only just had delivered (I questioned why wasn't it delivered in June when it was registered vs now) which I'm calling BS on their part.

Will be interesting if you've had any similar comms from Zen or their delivery partner.

Just to add Zen were adamant that Tesla shouldn't be texting me about the car delivery ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm so confused right now

Just a quick question about delivery...I had someone reach out to me from Zen regarding delivery of the Tesla on a different date to what Tesla has been telling me with a 22 plate car. So it seems that there's a big bit of confusion around where the cars are coming from, Zen are adamant that there's a 'in stock' car that can be delivered to me next week that the supplier has only just had delivered (I questioned why wasn't it delivered in June when it was registered vs now) which I'm calling BS on their part.

Will be interesting if you've had any similar comms from Zen or their delivery partner.

Just to add Zen were adamant that Tesla shouldn't be texting me about the car delivery ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm so confused right now
This stacks up with what I was told by my lease broker (Carparison) in June my lease is through Lex. I have had a Sept EDD for some time as advised by them. (No current update to this for a April 18th order). In the excitement of people getting allocated via “the list” I enquired about this and they basically said if you do that you’ll have a new agreement and pay the new price BUT with a different provider (I think Zen) Carparison could offer a car within 2 weeks for an increase of my lease cost. My EDD then moved to August briefly so I didn’t bother with faff and extra cost and have stayed strong. Really hoping April orders all get complete for September!

That is really strange and massively confusing (had to read it a few times!). No I’ve not had any further comms from Zen. I did initially call them when I received the first text to ensure it was a ‘real text from a real number’ and they confirmed it was. Have you gotten a vin and a reg from Tesla?