Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Always loved Tesla’s especially with Elon at the helm with his ambitions and innovative mind. Seriously considered M3 but with the rumours of MY (in my head a bigger M3) delayed until MY was on horizon. It won our hearts during test drive in March and ordered in April. Having said all this I must admit I am still nervous with the thought of any quality issues both during collection and ownership - I do not know how easy or complicated it would be to get potential problems sorted and the customer service which would be available at the time…it would be a new journey that’s for sure…

I have had 3 Teslas, with 2 more in the family. I am waiting for the new one. I am no more worried about quality etc than I would be for Merc or BMW, and less concerned than I would be for JLR.

We have had no significant issues and where there have been small ones (rattle of a seat belt, moisture in a rear light) they were fixed FOC without any hesitation by friendly service engineers who came to the house.

I will give the new car a good look over as I would any other car but I will not be spending an hour testing every function or measuring every panel gap 😏

I had my V5 come through yesterday. FWIW on the V5 it says "Max. net power (kW) 378". 378kW is approx 507hp. A few years ago I had a car about the same weight, same 0-60 and that had 411bhp. The Model Y feels much, much quicker when accelerating, whether it's just the way the power is delivered I don't know, but it's like it seemingly at any speed. It's awesome.
I think that "Max" is the key. I think that is with the AB enabled, or rather that's what the insurance company said to me!

Reactions: t0ne
304172356_10228448589738169_9199888248984322350_n.jpg

Just saw this online...MY’s being unloaded from Glovis Companion just now

I think that "Max" is the key. I think that is with the AB enabled, or rather that's what the insurance company said to me!
I guess that would make a lot of sense. The powerful ICE cars I’ve had in the past pull like trains well into 3 digits, the ModelY feels more like a huge gob of power when you accelerate that perhaps tapers off quicker, I’m hoping that if I get AB down the line that will improve too ie accelerate harder for longer

Fellow (suspected) sunrisers... Has anybody NOT received their text with Reg and VIN yet? I saw a little flurry earlier this week, but it didn't seem like as big as the VIN drop last week.

Should I be concerned if I haven't had mine yet?
I don’t think there’s reason to be concerned, I haven’t received mine yet but home delivery is all booked and confirmed, all documents are visible in tesla account, Tesla confirmed my vin to me over Live Chat yesterday and I have a ‘zoom call’ for an identity check prior to delivery tomorrow. Tesla agent said the text will arrive in due course

I don’t think there’s reason to be concerned, I haven’t received mine yet but home delivery is all booked and confirmed, all documents are visible in tesla account, Tesla confirmed my vin to me over Live Chat yesterday and I have a ‘zoom call’ for an identity check prior to delivery tomorrow. Tesla agent said the text will arrive in due course
That’s the stage I’m at, no reg number but all else is available and everything in hand. Tesla did say I’d probably get my reg soon and assumed they may be doing this by centre or region hence me asking if any other scottish pickups from sunrise had theirs. All is good and I will have my to in 27days time!

First post... MYLR White/Black/19" Ordered 8 August 22. EDD Nov-Jan Sep 22 - Sep 30 November 11 - January 05

Can't see how to put the above into a signature?

Amazed that Tesla can't manage EDD forecasting rather better - I bet they do a lot better on EDD's for parts into factories! By giving me an EDD of September soon after I ordered, it both raised my hopes and left me worrying about how to release the cash earlier than expected - but it was obvious from all your posts above (many thanks for those!) that there was no chance of July or August orders arriving in September!

First post... MYLR White/Black/19" Ordered 8 August 22. EDD Nov-Jan Sep 22 - Sep 30 November 11 - January 05

Can't see how to put the above into a signature?

Amazed that Tesla can't manage EDD forecasting rather better - I bet they do a lot better on EDD's for parts into factories! By giving me an EDD of September soon after I ordered, it both raised my hopes and left me worrying about how to release the cash earlier than expected - but it was obvious from all your posts above (many thanks for those!) that there was no chance of July or August orders arriving in September!
Go to the top of the page, see your screen name. Click on that, Click on the 3rd icon that you see in the row below your name (that's settings). On the left you will see signature. Add it there and save. Hope this helps.

T
That’s the stage I’m at, no reg number but all else is available and everything in hand. Tesla did say I’d probably get my reg soon and assumed they may be doing this by centre or region hence me asking if any other scottish pickups from sunrise had theirs. All is good and I will have my to in 27days time!
Thanks both... I'm lease, so have no account visibility, but home delivery is booked in too.

Go to the top of the page, see your screen name. Click on that, Click on the 3rd icon that you see in the row below your name (that's settings). On the left you will see signature. Add it there and save. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that - "signature" doesn't appear in my menu - reading other's posts perhaps it only appears after I have made several contributions - so here is another post to work towards that qualification!