Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in the process [if it goes through] of cancelling the blue and changing to black. there are ample stock cars in black and white on route this month. if the change goes through, delivery to be end of September. otherwise Dec-Feb again and stick with blue.
Any joy with this? Is there a way to check the impact of the change (any potential delay) before you pick a new configuration? Given cars are (i assume) matched pretty early, i guess there's little chance of keeping the current delivery window...

I've been considering switching my interior to black....

Last edited:
Any joy with this? Is there a way to check the impact of the change (any potential delay) before you pick a new configuration? Given cars are (i assume) matched pretty early, i guess there's little chance of keeping the current delivery window...

I've been considering switching my interior to black....
ordered through lease stock. so changing to what they have on the way for their stock. a completely new orders will mean new RN number and new wait times i assume.

Reactions: smythst
C855E950-0F62-48A4-A54E-6EDED925D841.jpeg
4FB8E404-E8FF-4D0E-B831-7500A7847A31.jpeg
E80E9514-D9D3-48AA-BD7D-61B7F7622628.jpeg
AA6880AD-0EA1-4808-B607-56CF1FDCD695.jpeg

Picked up my model Y today… took 5 minutes or so…. So many cars at Trafford centre…. The car drives amazingly … build quality is spot on, ride quality excellent … currently enjoying autopilot… awesome

• Funny
Reactions: Toppyawe
So here is my pre-launch check list, T -4 days!
  1. Octopus Go locked in: ✅(Will look into Intelligent when I get the car)
  2. 32 Amp charge point installed: ✅
  3. Money transferred to Tesla Finance w/RN as ref: ✅ (forgot to do that in one of my tests)
  4. eSigned sales agreement: ✅ (its now sinking in! GETTING A FLIPPIN MY TESLA! 🤩)
  5. Sent Tesla Prep link to kids: ✅ (backup inspectors 🤓 )
  6. Confidently book train tickets as train strikes are now postponed: ✅
  7. Ready small bag of accessories to bring along: ✅ (rear USB-C hub, cables, phone holders, jack adapters, etc.) < NB: links for ref, no affiliation
  8. 3D print floor vent grate guard: ✅(had to use my 3D printer for something while waiting :D)
  9. Place driving licence somewhere where I wont forget it: ✅
    ...and finally, last and most time wasting piece to this roller coaster...
  10. Pay for insurance 😣‼️- Its a toss between Flow £600 and Direct Line £640 - DL has cheaper glass repair compared to Flow but not sure which will be the best to deal with when any pooh hist the fan.
Just over 5 month wait and its all getting real yo!

May you all have a great delivery experience!

Received a further update as below - it seems the collections are getting lighter and lighter - after the light touch collections, now “self-service” 😊, soon people will be offered to collect from their nearby supermarket car parks…

Next; I am on standby for Toby’s -Tesla courtesy call.

“Tesla Update - Your Model Y collection is scheduled for …

We cannot guarantee the level of charge on your car. Your collection will be self-service, so download the Tesla app to learn about your Model Y…”

3. Money transferred to Tesla Finance w/RN as ref: ✅ (forgot to do that in one of my tests)
  4. eSigned sales agreement: ✅ (its now sinking in! GETTING A FLIPPIN MY TESLA! 🤩)
  7. Ready small bag of accessories to bring along: ✅ (rear USB-C hub, cables, phone holders, jack adapters, etc.) < NB: links for ref, no affiliation
  8. 3D print floor vent grate guard: ✅(had to use my 3D printer for something while waiting :D)
  10. Pay for insurance 😣‼️- Its a toss between Flow £600 and Direct Line £640 - DL has cheaper glass repair compared to Flow but not sure which will be the best to deal with when any pooh hist the fan.

Quick Q - How many days before did you get an email asking you sign your agreement? I'm still waiting (collection 27th) and despite asking Tesla a couple of times they said it'll be sent closer to the time.

Quick Q - How many days before did you get an email asking you sign your agreement? I'm still waiting (collection 27th) and despite asking Tesla a couple of times they said it'll be sent closer to the time.
I made the final payment yesterday morning and received the email requesting to sign the agreement in the evening. During the day I did ring Tesla and ask to change my pickup time slot and at the same time I double checked that all was in order regarding payment. So for me it seems that as soon as full payment was made it triggered the next bit to sign the agreement and its only 4 days to go before pickup.

I'm buying through Tesla Loan, 9 days until collection, fully paid up and no emails about signing etc yet. Although a Lending Agreement and a Pre-Contract Agreement have been in my Tesla account documents list for a few weeks now. I assume I'll get something over the next few days.

goddamit, i could have 3D printed rather than purchased the floor vents 🤦‍♀️

• Funny
Reactions: Daedalus
Tesla Loan; I am not an expert on this and I don’t think I will ever be but I paid off my balance on Wednesday and received the document signature email with a subject “Tesla Employee name surname - via SmartSign” on Friday that week about 20 days prior to collection. It might be worthwhile to check your junk mail or to speak with Tesla to avoid any last minute delay or issues…

The Smart Sign was only for the lending agreement which was pre signed by Tesla (as per the lending agreement copy that is in the app under the docs)

Tesla Loan; I am not an expert on this and I don’t think I will ever be but I paid off my balance on Wednesday and received the document signature email with a subject “Tesla Employee name surname - via SmartSign” on Friday that week about 20 days prior to collection. It might be worthwhile to check your junk mail or to speak with Tesla to avoid any last minute delay or issues…

The Smart Sign was only for the lending agreement which was pre signed by Tesla (as per the lending agreement copy that is in the app under the docs)
I've already got an email into Tesla Financial Services about the credit expiry (or lack thereof) and awaiting a reply from them. It's not been 2 working days yet so I will give them another day or so before I ring in - I can probably cover any missing agreements etc too. I paid my full deposit 2 weeks ago.

I texted them last week asking when I would get the esign agreement I only received an answer today saying I would receive it in the next few days and then I received it immediately. It seems to be a manual process on their side hence the inconsistency between the reports we see here. FYI my delivery is scheduled for 22/09 and I have already had the agreements in my account for a few weeks now.

Just a quick note (might not be relevant to all)

I'm leasing through Lex and despite delivery this Friday they just contacted me to say I need to sign and date a finance attestation letter (this is because the finance agreement was signed back in March) and a copy of my insurance.

Without these documents they won't deliver the car they said.

Reactions: RutlandRider
I texted them last week asking when I would get the esign agreement I only received an answer today saying I would receive it in the next few days and then I received it immediately. It seems to be a manual process on their side hence the inconsistency between the reports we see here. FYI my delivery is scheduled for 22/09 and I have already had the agreements in my account for a few weeks now.
What number did you text? The same one that has been sending updates on your order?

Personally I would go with DL even with the extra £40. My other half has had 3 people drive into her (when stationary in traffic) in recent years. The first 2 times we were with DL and they were excellent. The 3rd time we weren't and it was a pain until I realised the 3rd party who drove into her was with DL and we could get them to just deal with it. We are now back with DL for all our cars.

• Love
Reactions: Daedalus