Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any white Y's with white interior and black wheels looking lonely?
Not sure about white interior, but there were a fair few in the car park when I collected on Sat...

20220924_100800.jpg
20220924_100756.jpg

First drive back from Birmingham.......60 miles on the clock. Observations vs our Model 3 SR+ (repeating some others of course!)

Pickup experience was smooth and uneventful - show license, sign ipad, app comes alive, walk to the row with the car in, inspect, drive away. (140 miles of charge when collected)

- LOVE this car, it's amazing
- Totally different level of build from our M3 - more solid in every way, feels robust - but also 'heavier' in the road somehow.
- Blazingly fast - don't know whether it's the dual motor, but it feels way faster than the on paper difference.
- Much quieter. Maybe our old M3 was a noisy example, but I would say the cabin is 50% quieter on the motorways and the roads.
- Sound system - WOW
- Suspension is firm, but not as harsh as I remember from our April test drive. Probably no different from our M3, but feels better damped when combined with the noise reduction
- Had to be shown how to reset the boot opening height during pickup....doh
- Had to ask where the tow attachment was too....
- Some minor detailing issues inside - nothing a quick dust and hoover at home hasn't fixed
- Bloody weather means already dirty from the drive over and I cannot fuss over it with polish

On the whole feels like a major upgrade - delighted with it. Love being higher (we owned Land Rovers for years).

Now not sure how the intelligent octopus is going to deal with the overnight charge, app is claiming it only needs 2 hours, hopefully it will change it's mind at 2am and carry on.

Tesla_New.jpg

First drive back from Birmingham.......60 miles on the clock. Observations vs our Model 3 SR+ (repeating some others of course!)

Pickup experience was smooth and uneventful - show license, sign ipad, app comes alive, walk to the row with the car in, inspect, drive away. (140 miles of charge when collected)

- LOVE this car, it's amazing
- Totally different level of build from our M3 - more solid in every way, feels robust - but also 'heavier' in the road somehow.
- Blazingly fast - don't know whether it's the dual motor, but it feels way faster than the on paper difference.
- Much quieter. Maybe our old M3 was a noisy example, but I would say the cabin is 50% quieter on the motorways and the roads.
- Sound system - WOW
- Suspension is firm, but not as harsh as I remember from our April test drive. Probably no different from our M3, but feels better damped when combined with the noise reduction
- Had to be shown how to reset the boot opening height during pickup....doh
- Had to ask where the tow attachment was too....
- Some minor detailing issues inside - nothing a quick dust and hoover at home hasn't fixed
- Bloody weather means already dirty from the drive over and I cannot fuss over it with polish

On the whole feels like a major upgrade - delighted with it. Love being higher (we owned Land Rovers for years).

Now not sure how the intelligent octopus is going to deal with the overnight charge, app is claiming it only needs 2 hours, hopefully it will change it's mind at 2am and carry on.

View attachment 857426
Did you set that picture up. Another identical car to yours at the end of your drive going past!

Mid July, and I’m strongly hoping for this quarter as they got to mid-May last quarter, also they’ll want a “bumper year” which means a big Q4 hopefully.

Also, the EDD for those ordering now is still this year for the MYLR!

So I’d have said allow 5-6 months on your order, but in reality it may be sooner!
I ordered on 16th May and RN was received on the 17th May, I’m still waiting to be matched and my last update showed an EDD as end of November. 👍🏻

You’ll probably kick yourself when your new year order becomes an end of year or maybe even 2024 delivery. The estimates on the websites are often wrong. Tesla are still yet to fulfil some orders from February of this year - for Model Y’s its end of May orders currently being fulfilled.

And we’re expecting price increases any time soon because of the economic change happening.

Of course at the end of the day, all depends on whether that 23 plate matters more.
My mid May order is still waiting to be fulfilled and current EDD is end of November.

Reactions: ROTA
Delivery day for me, and woke up to this from Tesla,

Tesla Update - Unfortunately the Model Y assigned to your order has not passed the pre-delivery inspection and therefore will not arrive on it's scheduled delivery date. We will be in touch when we have an update. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Absolutely fuming 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Sorry also asked this on other thread but meant to have on this (better one):

Any news @Sparkie1968?

From reading this and other threads it does seem Tesla have been able to quickly find replacements in similar terminal situations. Makes you wonder how many ‘spare’ cars some on each boat, or whether it depends if others decline delivery. But either way I was sorry to read your post and wishing you all the best for a quick resolution ….. perhaps even an upgrade!

LOL - I hadn't even noticed. Brilliant. Not sure what the odds are of that happening. Good eyes there :)
~ 398312640 metres of road in the UK.

Estimate of ~ 8 meters of road visible in the picture.

Estimate of ~ 30k Model Ys in UK.

Assuming a random and even distribution of Model Ys on the road at one time it means that their would be one Model Y per 13.27 kilometers.

With 8 meters visible in the photo we could estimate that the odds are approximately 0.06%

Obviously many flaws in the calculation but just a fun little estimate ;)

Sorry also asked this on other thread but meant to have on this (better one):

Any news @Sparkie1968?

From reading this and other threads it does seem Tesla have been able to quickly find replacements in similar terminal situations. Makes you wonder how many ‘spare’ cars some on each boat, or whether it depends if others decline delivery. But either way I was sorry to read your post and wishing you all the best for a quick resolution ….. perhaps even an upgrade!
Apparently one of the powered struts has failed on the hatchback. Spoke to Tom at Tesla and they’re hoping it will be with me by Friday.

They’re trying to sort logistics as the car is still in Southampton. I’ve said if it helps I could pick it up from Bluewater Friday afternoon. I have just received a text to say they’ll deliver on Friday.

Tom said he’d tomorrow hopefully!

Apparently one of the powered struts has failed on the hatchback. Spoke to Tom at Tesla and they’re hoping it will be with me by Friday.

They’re trying to sort logistics as the car is still in Southampton. I’ve said if it helps I could pick it up from Bluewater Friday afternoon. I have just received a text to say they’ll deliver on Friday.

Glad to hear that... a strut is nothing major, so at least not got to worry about it being a rushed repair

Not ideal obviously but it could have been so much worse. At least you'll have it for the weekend.

~ 398312640 metres of road in the UK.

Estimate of ~ 8 meters of road visible in the picture.

Estimate of ~ 30k Model Ys in UK.

Assuming a random and even distribution of Model Ys on the road at one time it means that their would be one Model Y per 13.27 kilometers.

With 8 meters visible in the photo we could estimate that the odds are approximately 0.06%

Obviously many flaws in the calculation but just a fun little estimate ;)
I'm thinking we need to add in colour and wheel variations to make it even rarer :)

• Funny
Reactions: Mark V2 and Alset21
Looks like its happening for me now! Ordered late June and decided to call Tesla to see if they have anything for me to collect that closely matches my order, they mentioned there is a car in NEC for me to collect this week! Just made my initially payment to see if it reaches the account. Am I right in thinking that I should see the amount decrease in the 'Review and Pay' screen before making the remaining payment?
Hi, what number did you ring to do this? I ordered mine June 6th and currently being told Dec 2nd - Jan 26th. I really want to try and get this before Xmas.

Looks like its happening for me now! Ordered late June and decided to call Tesla to see if they have anything for me to collect that closely matches my order, they mentioned there is a car in NEC for me to collect this week! Just made my initially payment to see if it reaches the account. Am I right in thinking that I should see the amount decrease in the 'Review and Pay' screen before making the remaining payment?
What number did you ring to do this? I ordered my MYP Black with White interior and FSD on June 6th and being told Dec 2nd - Jan 26th and i’m desperate to get it before Christmas 😂 the wait is killing me…

Have you looked at what vin they have assigned you yet? They matched me to a car but it turned out to be a pre shutdown car so would have been missing the extra airbag, suspension changes and also possibly the boot cover and sealing strip too.

• Disagree
Reactions: Utumno
What number did you ring to do this? I ordered my MYP Black with White interior and FSD on June 6th and being told Dec 2nd - Jan 26th and i’m desperate to get it before Christmas 😂 the wait is killing me…
Looks like first lot of MYP will be end Nov-Dec. Folks have been waiting 9 months prior to your order, myself since Jan. If the wait is killing you, we must be dead already! 🤣🤣

Enjoy the ride 👌