Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MY Blue(Ext) | Black(Int) on June 23 - No VIN text Tesla yet (nor able to find VIN on source code).

Quick Question to the experts here - My Tesla accounting is requesting me to complete the deposit payment, however I have been holding back the payment until I receive the VIN (which makes sense to me) - However, me not completing the outstanding deposit payment delaying (or obstructing) the VIN confirmation from Tesla? Has this happened yo anyone else?

Personally, I find it non-sensical to pay lumpsum deposit, without even a sight of confirmed delivery date from Tesla.

Ordered MY Blue(Ext) | Black(Int) on June 23 - No VIN text Tesla yet (nor able to find VIN on source code).

Quick Question to the experts here - My Tesla accounting is requesting me to complete the deposit payment, however I have been holding back the payment until I receive the VIN (which makes sense to me) - However, me not completing the outstanding deposit payment delaying (or obstructing) the VIN confirmation from Tesla? Has this happened yo anyone else?

Personally, I find it non-sensical to pay lumpsum deposit, without even a sight of confirmed delivery date from Tesla.

Paying the final deposit won’t delay the delivery of your vehicle until its in the final 7 days of your delivery day. Since you don’t have any indication that you have a car assigned, then I wouldn’t worry about the prompt in your account.

If you’re worried then you can always call a Tesla Advisor and ask them to take a look at your account

I’m in the same boat. I called them today to ask about payment and they told me not to pay.
Explained once I get a delivery text then I should pay, and as long as they have the funds 2 days before collection everything is fine.
Not paying the balance now doesn’t make any difference to allocation they said.

Was your order through a lease company or direct? Did they offer you an alternative colour at least?
Through Leaseplan, I have no visibility of my order unfortunately. I received the RN via text on the 3rd of March and my EDDs have been pushed back many times (I have to ask via chat or calling). The only thing I think it might be is we have to have our cars in the first 10 days of the month for payroll.

Lots of (justifiably) annoyed people here unhappy about no USS on their new Y.

I've only just realised that I've had no notification / terms to accept that they are missing from my car.... Yet. Collection booked for 28 Nov - does that mean mine could possibly have them?

I've read that there was a crossover period during assembly, where vehicles were fitted with both. TBH I'd he happy with just USS, rather than the 'cheque's in the post' promise from Tesla about vision!

This car is the most expensive item (other than our house) I’ve ever purchased and to say the process is bonkers is an understatement! Firstly the delivery time is all over the shop. Then if you order a tow bar!!!! Yes a tow bar you jump the invisible queue by several months in some cases. You then try to find out when you could expect your car, only to be confused by this ridiculous EDD. I’m sure I will love the car and look back on this experience with rose tinted glasses but i will think hard about going through this process again.

Rant over 😂

Ordered a few weeks ago after a €12k price drop to €53k here in Ireland. Delivery Feb-Mar 2023

I suspect these cars will come from Berlin rather than China, were the current right hand drive long range for Europe is built. My main reason is that the price drop was because an EU made car doesn't attract 10% import duty that the China made cars attract (this saves about €5k), this also meant the car now qualified for the €5k subsidy here in Ireland as the price went under the €60k threshold

Thoughts?

Also I presume if the car is made in Berlin, it will have the 55kWh BYD Blade battery pack for a 440km WLTP range and not the CATL 60kWh battery pack the Chinese cars are fitted with for a 455km WLTP range?
Your car will almost certainly be made in China like all the other RHD MY at the moment. There have been no RHD production cars made in Berlin. The spec of the car will therefore have much more in common with a UK car than a European car as a result.

The spec will be as the configurator said when you ordered. If it said back then you'd have a 455km range, you will get that, if they ship with a smaller battery than they said they will contact you in the same way they are contacting buyers who are having the USS removed.

Another long time lurker here, just to say I got my delivery text for 30th November yesterday (home delivery in Bucks).
MYLR Blue/White/20s, ordered on 7th June as lease with Arval (well that was when I got my RN, I tried to order early May but took nearly a month for them to actually place the order with Tesla)

Hi All,

Been on call to tesla just few minutes ago - been told if no sms/confirmation from tesla received by 28th of November - that means you not getting your car this year. Apparently current ship allocations been sent out - but they waiting for 1 more ship to be loaded in ~1 week and then 3 weeks to get here.

So much presure o_O😂

07/07/22 order confirmed date - MY long range, standard white outside/ black inside, base wheels. No extras