Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order was placed through a lease company on the 8th May and I’m told my delivery date is the end November so not sure it makes a huge difference how Tesla get their money in relation to the delivery date. The only difference I can see is the model and spec that dictates the delivery date. Mine is a MY LRBB 20”
Mine was a June 28 order and same spec. EDD now 15-30 Nov with hidden vin. You may be right about the spec!

Model Y owners in the UK.
Congratulations on getting a Tesla Model Y. Are you looking for some accessories for your Tesla to better suit your needs, but are faced with so many choices and wondering which Tesla accessories you should buy? Or maybe you're not sure if you need to buy them?

Then, click through!

Browse our hand-picked suggestions, carefully selected by analyzing the buying needs of a large number of Tesla owners and our in-depth knowledge of Tesla, combined with our familiarity with Tesla accessories, to save you valuable time and allow you to find the best Tesla accessories for your Tesla in the least amount of time.

Reactions: bainsy
same thing again. its not tesla making the money .its the leasing company so you will get put on the back burner like people paying cash..that's what the leasing company take them in bulk so they can deliver them straight away there try to forecast how many they will sell 🤔. obviously they will sell more than they have bought in .thus why you have been waiting
I went down the Tesla route due to delivery times with other manufacturers at 12 months plus. I was told November/December when I ordered and I should get it then so I don’t really have an issue with 6 months wait.
What was your initial lead time ?

I went down the Tesla route due to delivery times with other manufacturers at 12 months plus. I was told November/December when I ordered and I should get it then so I don’t really have an issue with 6 months wait.
What was your initial lead time ?
placed order 5th of June mate tesla told me I would have one next ship which was end of August I think for sept reg we never got one but I know a lot of people who did and not one of them where paying cash for it .edd said the same
but don't really look at than.
At the end of the day It is what it is .but if I known how to play their system I would have done it

Might be a silly question, how do you get on Tesla chat? I can’t seem to find it nowhere
Go onto the inventory page on the Tesla website and a little speech bubble pops up in the bottom right corner. Click that and you're in business.

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 11.30.15.png

Reactions: Russty
June 1st with the lease co. Tesla had the 8th on the system. It’s a MY LR BB 20” wheels.
I ordered the same spec at the same time as you. The updates I've been getting have been for December delivery and with the next lot due soon I did a chat with Tesla to see if I had been allocated a car yet. Tesla said Im down for December delivery but my account was showing as pending, this means they are waiting for the lease company to confirm some details (wont tell me what) and I wont be allocated a car until they do.

I called the broker and they said everything appears to be done and in place from their end so they are going to follow but I have a feeling its too late and Ill now be waiting until next year. Tesla confirmed if my account isnt showing as completed I wont get assigned a car.

Just a couple of things:

1 - I’ve seen multiple people say they’ve had their delivery date pushed back from an actual date, is this through Tesla or other leasing companies? When you’re contacted with an actually delivery date from Tesla, I thought you’re fully hard matched and you’re set to go?

2 - few people on Facebook today mention they received a delivery schedule text this morning…let’s hope there’s more of these today, I want to get mine booked!

Just a couple of things:

1 - I’ve seen multiple people say they’ve had their delivery date pushed back from an actual date, is this through Tesla or other leasing companies? When you’re contacted with an actually delivery date from Tesla, I thought you’re fully hard matched and you’re set to go?

2 - few people on Facebook today mention they received a delivery schedule text this morning…let’s hope there’s more of these today, I want to get mine booked!

The leased company only seem to provide an update once a month, when I called the lease company yesterday she said my date was now Jan even though Tesla told me about 20 mins before that it was still December. Once Tesla match you I think thats normally it unless they find an issue with the car.

Reactions: perry12396
I ordered the same spec at the same time as you. The updates I've been getting have been for December delivery and with the next lot due soon I did a chat with Tesla to see if I had been allocated a car yet. Tesla said Im down for December delivery but my account was showing as pending, this means they are waiting for the lease company to confirm some details (wont tell me what) and I wont be allocated a car until they do.

I called the broker and they said everything appears to be done and in place from their end so they are going to follow but I have a feeling its too late and Ill now be waiting until next year. Tesla confirmed if my account isnt showing as completed I wont get assigned a car.
Wow, can’t you find out what exactly is pending and get written confirmation from the lease co. that it’s been done?

I called Tesla CS today. I was told I was soft matched with a vehicle and that I can ( barring some issues) expect a text next week. Delivery after 8th Dec. I am a on a salary sacrifice so a company lease, unfortunately my lease Co. is none the wiser as they claim they receive a spreadsheet from Tesla each week. Praying that I get my car before Dec 22nd as I have a big road trip planned.

Keeping my fingers 🫰