Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had confirmation that my car will not come with USS.
So likely upgraded camera's

I never got the notification for USS removal. So strange!
Anyway - if this is the way Tesla decide to go, so be it.

Hopefully this doesnt detriment the driving experience too much as I really enjoy autopilot
Judging by your VIN number that would make sense. It seems there's in the region of 10k Shanghai made Model Ys on 2023 VINs with USS, and predominately with VINs in the 54XXXX range. When I last looked at the date 2023 models were being produced from, and a tip off of the date of non USS production starting, it equated to roughly 8,000 units on 2023 vins from Shanghai based on last quarter's production numbers, but Q4 would be a bit higher.

Reactions: bainsy
My order just keeps getting pushed back from March when lots after me are getting assigned. It’s leaving a very sour taste in my mouth and massively tarnishes the brand. Pissed off.

90B5DDB6-908B-4511-8184-F74F628EC1A7.png

For anyone paying cash, this is the third time in 3 years I have used CHAPS for a new car purchase (twice with Tesla) & on each occasion the full amount made in one payment has cleared into their account the next day.

I paid for the Model Y yesterday afternoon & my Tesla dashboard has shown £0 outstanding since earlier today.

In my experience the one-off fee of £20 for a CHAPS payment is well worth it.

Last edited:
For anyone paying cash, this is the third time in 3 years I have used CHAPS for a new car purchase (twice with Tesla) & on each occasion the full amount made in one payment has cleared into their account the next day.

I paid for the Model Y yesterday afternoon & my Tesla dashboard has shown £0 outstanding since earlier today.

In my experience the one-off fee of £20 for a CHAPS payment is well worth it.
Yeah, thinking about going into the bank to do this. Just tried paying a small amount through my app but have a 10K limit per day.

All, looking for some advice. I’m trading in my car next week for MY. It’s just had an MOT but the front tyres are near the legal limit. One of the rears also has some cosmetic damage to the sidewall (passed MOT no problem). Should I replace the tires before trade in next week? Could Tesla refuse to take the car as a trade in? Technically nothing wrong with it but don’t want any hiccups on the day.

Hi to all,

Just called to Tesla around 5pm and seems got soft match and Manchester hub delivery. And they said should get txt over next week. Tho got home delivery requested by lease company. Order: 07/07 mylr white out / black inside 19" stock wheels. The car still on the ship....

Soft match - what does it mean? As I thought once you matched - you matched.

Cheers

Hi to all,

Just called to Tesla around 5pm and seems got soft match and Manchester hub delivery. And they said should get txt over next week. Tho got home delivery requested by lease company. Order: 07/07 mylr white out / black inside 19" stock wheels. The car still on the ship....

Soft match - what does it mean? As I thought once you matched - you matched.

Cheers
I'm not an expert and may be corrected but I think that your match can be changed. I'm sure I read of someone here with hidden vin that disappeared and got a different one.

Reactions: YogiBearr