Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Performance insurance for me was £2500
LR was £3000

So I ended up with performance

My friend got RWD with admiral £1,200

You can always lock in a quote now, on x’mas eve if you can find a better quote call & cancel
Yep exactly that, I’ve just taken out and paid for that policy for £1340 with Darwin So I’m all sorted now. I’ll keep checking over the next fortnight in case anything else pops up. Hopefully for renewal time next year it will be cheaper but c’est la vie, I’ve got my reg now all sorted and ready for collection.

Last night have completed the sale of my old car with Motorway. Managed to get full price without any reduction. Money paid immediately to my bank account. First time selling car and the process was very straightforward. 😍

Deposit paid to Tesla using bank transfer. All is set for 16th Dec Tesla 🚗 collection .

Purchased insurance from Darwin for £1400 for MY LR AWD. Had to call Darwin to get reg number added in as it wasn't showing in their systems yet. Reg was provided by Tesla and reconfirmed.

Now... it's a waiting game... 😔 ... not too long...

Reactions: Russty
I’ve recently order a MY through the Electric Car Scheme (ECS) with Lex as the funder. The order form I signed with ECS was for a MY RWD which is what I wanted. However, the lease agreement which my employer signed (and I signed as a witness) had a Lex order form for a MY LR. The financials were exactly the same as for the RWD so kept my mouth shut. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it Lex matching me against another vehicle they got so the lease payments start sooner. I’m hoping it is a sign that I might get the car earlier than the EDD for the RWD of April 2023?

Also it’s been a week since I signed the last set of documents. Should I have an RN by now?

I’ve recently order a MY through the Electric Car Scheme (ECS) with Lex as the funder. The order form I signed with ECS was for a MY RWD which is what I wanted. However, the lease agreement which my employer signed (and I signed as a witness) had a Lex order form for a MY LR. The financials were exactly the same as for the RWD so kept my mouth shut. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it Lex matching me against another vehicle they got so the lease payments start sooner. I’m hoping it is a sign that I might get the car earlier than the EDD for the RWD of April 2023?

Also it’s been a week since I signed the last set of documents. Should I have an RN by now?

Wish I knew this before could have saved a fortune 😄 unfortunately rwd wasn’t available till recently. Orders mine in April/may and got it under 2 weeks ago.
Mines through lex as well.
RN number came along after Tesla accepted the order that took a month or so then vin came about a month before delivery.

It’s looking like these teslas are quite expensive to insure. Don’t think I’ve paid more than £4-500 for over a decade for car insurance and some have been fast high insurance group cars.
You’ll probably have a heart attack when you find out I just insured my Tesla and my existing 218i BMW for £6k.

Unfortunately, I’ve just turned 21 this August and I was an idiot speeding when I bought my first boy racer car at 17🤦🏾‍♂️nothing to be proud of.

Played stupid games. Winning stupid prizes.

You’ll probably have a heart attack when you find out I just insured my Tesla and my existing 218i BMW for £6k.

Unfortunately, I’ve just turned 21 this August and I was an idiot speeding when I bought my first boy racer car at 17🤦🏾‍♂️nothing to be proud of.

Played stupid games. Winning stupid prizes.

We have all done some stupid stuff in our youth.
£6k is a lot. Don’t think the 2 cars I have cost me that much a year including all stuff like tax, insurance, service etc. I’m double your age though.
Must be doing well to afford £6k on insurance so good on you. Get it out your system while you are young.

Reactions: ROTA
I’ve just arrived at the Southampton pickup. A little early (9am pickup) but they have waiting and tea/coffee.

I walked from the station through the docks. There are A LOT of teslas lined up. Must be half a mile at 10-20 cars deep. Some being loaded onto car carriers and others being prepped for local pickup.

Due to collect from Trafford Centre on the 19th (just need to work out how i'm getting there). Anyone any experience of collecting from there?
Yes, it’s not where it used to be (where the Superchargers are now). It’s on an outer car park, probably a 5min walk from the shops. It’s well signposted on the perimeter road.

Attachments

• 256D996B-D091-4D05-B010-51997FCE8E7F.png
    256D996B-D091-4D05-B010-51997FCE8E7F.png
    1 MB · Views: 86
Reactions: s_zigmond
I think it’s just a cockup on the listed hp rating for the trim level that’ll eventually get fixed when the trim level gets a human review.
I spoke to Admiral Wednesday about the hp rating as I had some other questions and the guy I bumped to checked with his manager and then they bumped it up to be reviewed. He phoned me back yesterday and apparently the listing is the correct ABI code despite the incorrect hp on the entry and Admiral don't use hp as part of their calculations (supposedly, he had nothing to back that claim up of course)... I've been quoted £1250 for MY RWD with business use and I have 0 yrs NCD and a claim from last month (a wall fell on my current car and squashed it).

• Informative
Reactions: Utumno