Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A question for those of you that have a VIN. When you get a VIN does it reflect in the Tesla app? Mine (no VIN) says “Welcome to the Tesla family”.
My VIN is on the page that describes the car. EDD s 6/23-28/2021. I was told I would get a phone call and an email as soon as the car is ready. As of Monday it was still in production. They have to have all the money for the car before they will deliver it to me. They told me they could deliver it on the weekend if necessary. I told them that they have to let me know this on a business day so I can have the bank transfer the money to them. Some of the SAs apparently don’t know the banks aren’t open on the weekends.

Got a follow-up call from my SA about timing because my financing and a rebate are set to expire 6/27, and EDD is 6/25-6/30. He said their system shows mine should be finished 6/29 or 6/30.

SA said there's an inventory vehicle in Orange County that's LR MSM/black, 20", no tow, no fsd. I passed because I don't want to pay $2k more for the 20" turbines (just a style preference--I'd rather put the 2k toward wheels I'm in love with).
Which SC that's my config I wouldn't mind going to get it

Found a MYP with a tow hitch black/black. How is it that I can find configurations that match mine OR closely matching mine yet I haven't been matched? Ugh....
Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 8.32.14 PM.png

I have a sneaky suspicion that those of us who ordered 7 seaters, don’t have a VIN, and didn’t receive THE TEXT today will unfortunately be pushed out of June deliveries.. Even though my EDD has shown June 30th as the end date for the last few days, I have to think that is just a placeholder.. Surely it is easier/faster to pump out 5 seaters when they are going for numbers.. I won’t be surprised if my dates switch back to July real soon.. I guess it is what it is, not hating the players, just this nonsense game.

Got this text today: "We are reaching out to confirm you are ready to take delivery this month, if your Tesla is ready. We would deliver the Tesla to your home if you are within our radius, so would like to confirm desired delivery address of _____".

Two hours later, got the "Thanks for your reply!" response.

And then about 15 minutes later...got the text everyone here seems to have gotten: "We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in June" etc.

I...still don't have a VIN, and it did seem a bit glitchy that I received both texts, but...still nice to have received some form of communication from them hahah

(Order Date 4/19; MYLR | Red Ext./Black Int. | Induction Wheels | Tow Hitch | No FSD - live in LA, CA)