Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I called the SC to inquire about the 1-10 weeks EDD update today. They again said I should have my car within the next 3 weeks, according to their system. I've heard that before, I've heard mid-June, I've heard "soon". For those that ordered a MYP it seems like we've been getting matched much sooner, well it hasn't been the case for my order. What's worse is I've seen MYP in my exact configuration in inventory that are new (less than 50 miles) time and time again and I haven't been matched?

The SC even acknowledged that they received my "JUNE" reply yet I was told 3 weeks.. Anyway that's my rant, if you want a car now there is no rhyme, reason, or logic, on getting matched. If you want your car sooner than later you will need to pay the $100 order fee on an in stock vehicle to get a guarantee, otherwise you'll just get aggravated with EDD and SC ambiguity.

Reactions: papel
Been lurking a while along with you folks.

Received VIN 217xxx at 5am for my 5/29 order from Fremont factory. MY LR MSM/Black 7 19" Gemini with Tow Hitch and with FSD. Delivery date had been June 19-30 with day by day slip up to 6/24-6-30 as of last night. Hope y'all get your VINs soon too.
Replying to myself because I've seen folks asking: No, I did NOT receive a "JUNE" text prior to getting a VIN assigned.

what happens first? do you see the VIN number on your Tesla account online? Or do you get a call or email first?
That is a good q - I checked my account this morning and there was no VIN, and a few hours later got an email saying "Final Balance is now ready" and when I went to my account, the "Proceed to Delivery" button was there!! It's possible the info/VIN was all there on my account pre-email, so not totally sure which comes first!

Reactions: Emmadiane