Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point Tesla production is moving way too fast for SA's let alone Delivery centers to process information. I was told by my SA that I had to wait three weeks. Then I speak to a different SA and she says follow your EDD. I called the delivery center @Marina del Rey and they say I should have my vehicle no later than July 14th. The point I'm elaborately trying to make is that it is VERY NORMAL. Deliveries are moving extremely fast, so long as you have a scheduled date and VIN you should be okay. Some people out in the Bay Area have their car built and delivered in one day!!!

Nice! Although I believe this feature has been on Tesla since Mid January 2021! Nevertheless, it's still awesome that you have the ability to pickup. Mine is getting dropped off so it'll feel odd seeing my new car in the driveway!
We made it finally 😭😭

Reactions: cancoi and soniic11
Just got our car delivered. “But muh panel gapz” look great and the overall build quality is great. Much improved from our 2018 M3. Everything feels really solid - from the “thunk” of the doors closing to the feel of the glovebox, just solid. VIN 214***

No mud flaps, but has PPF on the rear doors.

Still not sure why I had to buy the car I ordered from inventory, but … just glad it’s here.

This is Rainbow Unicorn, Jr.
Congrats. I have the same build being delivered tomorrow.

Holy cr*pballs I got a blue button this afternoon! I made payment and immediately could see my VIN: 224xxx. Delivery est June 29-30. SA working on confirming a day / time for pickup in Fremont.
And 24hrs later I received a text indicating our MY would be delivered to our home sometime on Wed. Talk about taking it down to the wire on the end of Q2.

On the plus side this should allow us to take My Precious on our trip this weekend!

I’m so sorry!
It’s all good! It’s only a car.. I just wish that we could actually get our cars in a somewhat orderly fashion.. I’ve said it before, and I’ve found a new appreciation for the legacy car dealership model. Every time I have ordered a vehicle in the past (many times), I have been assigned a VIN within a couple weeks, scheduled to week, and then scheduled to day. From there I can track movement while in transit, and have a really accurate idea as to when it will arrive. Maybe someday Tesla will figure it out.

I just took my order off hold yesterday and just got VIN 222xxx. Not sure if I can get financing done on time and if I want to deal with the end of quarter madness. If it’s too much of a hassle I’ll prob have to wait for the next one so someone else might get my config.

Reactions: Greg007
After 2 months exactly, it’s here.
0BA400B2-93CB-401E-9EB6-007588D6D4A9.jpeg

No, EDD still September.. SA says middle of July.. I don’t know what to expect anymore.. There doesn’t seem to be any accurate information, no matter the source.
Same boat here. I ordered and completed my profile 4/26 for MYLR5 white paint black interior, 19”… pretty basic with no upgrades. My EDD still says September. No Vin yet. I’ve called for updates and no one can give me a clear answer. My financing will expire before then if I have to wait past July.

Reactions: fatcat and Jryan3
Same boat here. I ordered and completed my profile 4/26 for MYLR5 white paint black interior, 19”… pretty basic with no upgrades. My EDD still says September. No Vin yet. I’ve called for updates and no one can give me a clear answer. My financing will expire before then if I have to wait past July.
I guess we are about to find out! Since we are (hopefully) getting them in July, maybe our potential for having fit/finish issues will be less since we are out of THE PUSH.. Ha!

same here, but I have the red paint. everything else the same, ordered on 4/23

Exact same scenario here. 4/24 with some upgrades