Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been searching daily since DEC. 28TH. delayed my M3 3times. There has been ONLY 1 confirmed model 3 with AMD in US. bunch of MY with amd.
On Reddit someone posted yesterday that their SA says Model 3's will get the AMD chip last; Model Y's in the US will utilize them primarily first so they're not guaranteed till around April/May builds.

Again... Listening to what an SA says is dangerous, but, I sorta believe it.

Finally got a VIN, the order sheet says odometer 15, is that normal for a new 2022 LR?

Also how do I tell if it has Ryzen so I can decide whether to reject the VIN via a hold?

Normal. A brand new car rarely has 0 miles. Average seems 5 to 25 or so miles. I've seen more as well.

You will have to call Tesla to see if it has Ryzen.

Ordered my M3 in mid Dec. I'm in the UK.
Got delivery date and scheduled appointment yesterday for mid Feb (could have done it a week earlier but I'm moving so couldn't do it then).

My VIN indicates it's from the Shanghai factory, has the 'Hairpin Winding Dual Motor', and also called Tesla today and they confirmed it has Ryzen.
Will update if that's true once I pick it up.

Impressed how quick it was though, seems like maybe wait times in the UK are better than elsewhere?

Reactions: M3PDOC
Ordered my M3 in mid Dec. I'm in the UK.
Got delivery date and scheduled appointment yesterday for mid Feb (could have done it a week earlier but I'm moving so couldn't do it then).

My VIN indicates it's from the Shanghai factory, has the 'Hairpin Winding Dual Motor', and also called Tesla today and they confirmed it has Ryzen.
Will update if that's true once I pick it up.

Impressed how quick it was though, seems like maybe wait times in the UK are better than elsewhere?
Performance?

Just got my VIN assigned and had to accept this in order to proceed to delivery. I don't think it's a confirmation that the car gets the updated computer, but certainly looks promising. SA's are also saying that the updates are confirmed, for what it's worth. Nov 11 order in Brisbane Australia.

1642400428023.png
1642400438124.png

Reactions: Mineobi
Just got my VIN assigned and had to accept this in order to proceed to delivery. I don't think it's a confirmation that the car gets the updated computer, but certainly looks promising. SA's are also saying that the updates are confirmed, for what it's worth. Nov 11 order in Brisbane Australia.

View attachment 756504View attachment 756505
Wow, sadly they don't do this in US. :(

View attachment 756504View attachment 756505

Ryzen APU is about 65W I'd expect, with Atom up to 25W probably? So 40W difference resulting in 12km range decrease? (on a full charge, so let's say 3-4 hours of driving), seems a bit excessive

Ryzen APU is about 65W I'd expect, with Atom up to 25W probably? So 40W difference resulting in 12km range decrease? (on a full charge, so let's say 3-4 hours of driving), seems a bit excessive
250Wh/mil = 156Wh/km * 12 km = 1872 Wh / 40W = 46.8 hours. Or roughly 2 days of on time assuming it never goes into a low power mode.
Seems like it would be at less than max total power dissipation though; they may be allowing for less frequent charging.

The 2021 SR+ L-NCA (262 mile range) had EPA economy of 142 (150/133). The 2021 SR+ LFP (253 mile range) was reported by some to have Monroney labels showing EPA economy of 141 (149/132). But the 2022 RWD LFP (272 mile range) has EPA economy of 132 (138/126).

Any particular reason for this apparent drop?

If i would have waited a few more months like how i waited 1 more year i could be getting the newer battery cells and all this new fancy technology but the urge got the best of me and i bought my model 3 LR.
I understand but that's totally fine. Now there are reports that the new chip reduces range by 12km or 7.5 miles so maybe having the Intel Atom chip is not that bad at all :)