Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2024 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That Would be like buying an iPhone 14, when 15 is out already. In Apple’s case, at least they offer a discount for last year’s model!
Not exactly. Some of us here buy an inventory 2023 unit with a nice discount and hope that rejecting or delaying acceptance with a 2-week hold would lead to a 2024 unit…at the same discounted price.

If you chose a new iPhone 14 because of the discount, can’t complain that it’s not an iPhone 15.

Exactly, you are assigned a vin, the vin you chose to reserve for $250. You would have to get Tesla to move your reservation to another vin and why would they move you to a 2024 inventory unit? The entire point of the discounts is to sell you a 2023 vin.
This is the point I was try to make. Folks are complaining that they’re not getting a 2024 model for their new car…even though they willingly chose a discounted 2023 unit…scheduled to be delivered in 2024. Just because Tesla is delivering/ selling a new car in the 2024 calendar year, it does not mean that unit can’t be a 2023 model.

This is the point I was try to make. Folks are complaining that they’re not getting a 2024 model for their new car…even though they willingly chose a discounted 2023 unit…scheduled to be delivered in 2024. Just because Tesla is delivering/ selling a new car in the 2024 calendar year, it does not mean that unit can’t be a 2023 model.
I didn’t get a discount and paid full price. So in 2024 I’d logically expect to get a 2024 vehicle.

So, if I purchase an in transit model y, long range with 310 mile range, does that mean it’s a 2024?

Should I get one that’s ready for immediate pickup for 2k less?
Ask your sales adviser at your Tesla delivery canter if they are 2024 VIN.

My brother just ordered LR from the inventory listed as new AND in transit (to Hawaii) - it has $4K discount plus $7500 POS tax credit deduction.

The VIN showed as 2023 model - but he does not care since it came with huge discount.

ah, so you rather get the big discount over a 2024 model Y
Currently, there is no difference in features between 2023 VIN LR AWD Model Y and a 2024 VIN LR AWD Model Y.

There is a discounted 2023 VIN LR AWD Model Y (new inventory in transit to destination) that was at $44,090.
This price is comparable to a new order/configured RWD Model Y ($43,990).
A new order/configured LR AWD Model Y is at $48,990.
I pick the big discount over a VIN.