Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model3Tracker.info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know one of the questions asked is this your first Tesla...I had a thought that it would be interesting to know how many have not even had a test drive in a Tesla or possible any electric car like myself. I feel confident after reading about all the people convinced they won't go back to ICE again that I haven't gone out to try one (no friends with an S either doesn't help!). I also don't want to make it even harder to wait the 2 years so I expect I'll drive my first electric when I get the 3! Just a thought, thanks.

Reactions: Paul Carter
Not hard, but what value will this have for tracking the Model 3? Perhaps if there are enough of these extra questions, I could add a survey of those as an option. If someone is willing to take on the gathering of questions and properly do a questionnaire, I can add that.

On another site, the question as to whether Model 3 owners already have an EV of some kind, seemed like a great question to add to the site. Are M3 reservation holders first time EV buyers, or do they have some other electrified form of mobility? E-bike, scooter, NEV, Leaf, Volt, Prius, etc.? I would find that kind of information, insightful...

Not sure if this has been reported, but it depends on how you enter the state. If you search Houston you will see 2 entries one that has the state as Texas and one that has TX

I have gone through the almost 3,600 records in Model3Tracker.info and made sure each record is consistent when it comes to the way the data is entered for REGION, COUNTRY, CITY and STATE fields. Different countries call the geographic/administrative next level down different things. In the United States it is called states where other countries call it province, region, canton etc. For the Australia, Canada United States, and Switzerland they use two to three digit Alpha abbreviations.

Australia - NSW, SA, VIC, WA . . .
Canada - AB, BC, NS, QC, SK . . .
Switzerland - AR, BS, GE, ZG, ZH . . .
United States - AL, FL, MD, TX, VA . . .

For other countries which don't have standard abbreviation in Model3Tracker.info we use the second level down (state field). For standardization we use GeoNames.org and use the "admin1" field.

Here are some sample countries and what would be entered into the state field.

Austria - Kärnten, Niederösterreich, Oberösterreich, Steiermark . . .
Belgium - Antwerpen, Brabant Wallon, Bruxelles-Capitale, Hainaut . . .
China - Hong Kong, Hubei, Jilin, Tianjin . . .
Denmark - Midtjylland, Hovedstaden, Syddanmark . . .
Finland - Helsinki, Uusimaa, Varsinais-Suomi . . .
France - Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Île-de-France, Bouches-du-Rhône . . .
Germany - Baden Württemberg, Bavaria, Bayern, Berlin . . .
India - Haryana, Telangana, Maharashtra . . .
Ireland - Conacht, Munster, Leinster, Ulster . . .
Italy - Lambardia, Lazio, Liguria, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna . . .
Netherlands - Friesland, Gelderland, Groningen, Limburg, Zuid-Holland . . .
New Zealand - Auckland, Manawatu-Wanganui, Waikato, Wellinigton . . .
Norway - Akershus, Buskerud, Hordaland, Østfold, Sor-Trondelag . . .
Portugal - Braga, Lisbon, Santarém, Viana do Castelo . . .
Spain - Andalucia, Aragon, Asturias, Cantabria, Cataluna . . .
Sweden - Östergötland, Skåne, Stockholm, Västra Götaland . . .
Ukraine - Kharkiv Oblast, Kiev Oblast, Lviv Oblast . .

Why is this so important? When generating reports it is imperative the data has been entered consistently, if not the reports will not be accurate. We have now changed the City and State fields to be required, as without this information the data has little meaning. Since we don't collect users names and email addresses and never displayed on reports, animinity is assured. We ask all users to please update their records and include their City and State and don't forget to fill out your planned configuration in section 3.

The next few posts are reports which are available through Model3Tracket.info .

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoomit
Report Showing Countries with Top Number of Model 3 Reservation
(The Extrapulation factor is roughly 100, therefore multiply these number by 100 to get a very rough estimate of cars reserved)
image.jpeg

Reactions: Paul Carter
Report Showing Cities in the World with Model 3 Reservations
(
Extrapolation factor roughly 100, therefore multiple these numbers by 100 to get rough estimate of Model 3 Reservations)

image.jpeg

Los Angeles, San Diego and Toronto continue to vie for the top position.

I hate how there's no online during unveil... I mean I wanted to see what the thing looked like first.
Most Model X purchasers had never driven or even sat in a Model X before they purchased the car. You have to have a lot of confidence in Tesla to spend $85-$165k for this to happen.

The same thing will be true with the Model 3. It is very doubtful they will have Model 3's at the Tesla stores before you have to make your decision on ordering.

Most Model X purchasers had never driven or even sat in a Model X before they purchased the car. You have to have a lot of confidence in Tesla to spend $85-$165k for this to happen.

The same thing will be true with the Model 3. It is very doubtful they will have Model 3's at the Tesla stores before you have to make your decision on ordering.
This is from Tesla's Model 3 Reservations FAQ at Model 3 Reservations FAQ:

When can I test drive Model 3?
We will provide the opportunity to get behind the wheel of Model 3 once we begin production at the end of 2017. In the meantime, we invite you to stop by a Tesla store to experience Model S or Model X.

I have gone through the almost 3,600 records in Model3Tracker.info and made sure each record is consistent when it comes to the way the data is entered for REGION, COUNTRY, CITY and STATE fields.

Good job, and it addressed one problem I earlier reported here. But (at least) one error has sneaked in: Oslo (Norway) left the region Akershus in 1848, and is now considered a region - "fylke" - on it's own. Ironic as the region Akershus is named after Akershus castle/fortress in - you guessed it - Oslo ;) (And "Aker" that gave the name to the castle is now all part of the city/region Oslo)

So the correct would be "Oslo, Oslo (Norway)".

Good job, and it addressed one problem I earlier reported here. But (at least) one error has sneaked in: Oslo (Norway) left the region Akershus in 1848, and is now considered a region - "fylke" - on it's own. Ironic as the region Akershus is named after Akershus castle/fortress in - you guessed it - Oslo ;) (And "Aker" that gave the name to the castle is now all part of the city/region Oslo)

So the correct would be "Oslo, Oslo (Norway)".
So only the city of Oslo will be in the Region Oslo

This is from Tesla's Model 3 Reservations FAQ at Model 3 Reservations FAQ:
That that is exactly what they told those who reserved the Model X's. They are now five months into production and delivery and you still can't go to a Store/Service Center and see a car or test drive one. They do have a few (a handfull) of cars that go through the country but the chance of see one of these are slim. Matter of fact I was at a private Tesla event at the store in Orlando on Saturday. My Model X was the only X there and there were many who had ordered cars who asked if they could please just sit in it.

My EV Club (Space Coast EV) shows our cars a couple times a week at various events. We have one of most of the current EV cars in production. We try to spread the word about EV cars and give people a chance to drive one. We were at the Kennedy Space Center for Earth Day two weeks ago all day on a Friday and Saturday. That was the first Tesla Model X anyone of the over a 1000 people had seen. Whenever I go to the store now I draw a crowd especially if I open the the Gulf Wing Doors. I have met up with several forum members who have asked to be able to drive a Model X.

Since coming out with the Model3Tracker.info application a month ago many enhancements have been added. Those who already have input their reservation information need to log back on and update their information. There is now a configuration section where you can choose which options you are likely to choose when you purchased your Model 3. Options like larger battery, sports edition, ludicrous mode, HD radio, towing package, color, larger wheels, type of roof etc. By sharing this information you can also see what options others in your area or within a specific region of the world are selecting. Even though over time your selection of options will change please complete section 3 of 4 (Configuration) with the options you currently plan on for your Model 3. (Note: many failed to initially complete this section but it is important this information be filled in.)

Where city and state were previously optional they are now required fields as we determined reporting was limited without this information.

Those who have reserved a Model 3 but who have not enrolled on Model3Tracker.info and input their details should enroll so they can see what other Model 3 reservationists are ordering on their car and how many Model 3's are being ordered in their city, state, country or region of the world. The system is completely anonymous as you don't even put your name or street address and even though we collect your email address to enroll it never is displayed on any screen or report.

As time gets closer to production additional capability will be available. You will be able to see when people start to design and order their cars. You will be able to see when VINS are assigned and will be able to see what options make the delivery go faster and which options delay delivery and production of the cars.

Your reservation will automatically be added to the World Map of Model 3's which show the status where in the process your and others carsafe (reserved, designed, ordered, VIN assigned, in production, in transit or delivered).

With this information you should be able to better predict when your car will go into production and be delivered.

Log on today and either update your existing information or create a new account and enter information about your reservation.

Reactions: Chuq
@metier

I found one "Houston" which was entered as "houston". I spend several hours each morning and evening reviewing this information for issues like this.

I have corrected it and it should be ok. These are pretty easy to spot the hard ones are when they put a space before or space after. You cannot see it on the screen and have to go into the record to find it.

The other hard ones to find are the non-English characters like - ö ß

Let me know if you find any more which needs correcting. You will get quicker response through the Helpdesk software on model3tracker.info as I don't have much time to read the forum boards these days.

Reactions: metier
I have corrected all of the Oslo entries. If you want to check out the other Norway entries and let me know if you find any problems. If you respond through the Helpdesk software on model3tracker.info I will get back quicker.

Thank you :) I will send you info on model3tracker.info :)

Edit: Found it not so easy, as the "Support" link points to modelxtracker.zendesk.com where I have no account.

Here is a list of regions - "fylker" - in Norway with correct spelling, and Trondheim[space] is without ending space and is in Sør-Trønderlag (soon to be just Trønderlag) along the one with Trondheim, Trondheim and the other Trondheim's and not in Akershus.

I also found one "Klofta", "Nittedal" and "Ålesund" with trailing space.

Last edited: