Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model3Tracker.info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Edson,

I am James Green, from Rio de Janeiro and Miami. I am US born, naturalized Brasileiro. Meu Poruguese e muito poor do meu Inglês. I have a P85D in Miami, but have a Model 3 reserved for Miami and for Rio. Do you kniw other Brasilians who have reserved Model 3? How do you decide to do it yourself.

It is nice to meet you too. So far I know only of the three of us. There are a few Brazilians with Model S in Miami but I do not know any of them personally.

I've started taking a stab at coming up with a model on the Average Selling Price based on intended configurations. Anyone interested in the configuration screen also estimating your build price (in USD)?
In any case, please update your information if you haven't done so. A few options were added later and some have not indicated their intentions yet.

Reactions: melindav
I've started taking a stab at coming up with a model on the Average Selling Price based on intended configurations. Anyone interested in the configuration screen also estimating your build price (in USD)?
In any case, please update your information if you haven't done so. A few options were added later and some have not indicated their intentions yet.
That would be cool.

After seeing a few posts about the extremes in configuration (very basic model 3 vs. fully loaded) I wanted to see what they are and what people seem to want the most and a little in between. So I've come up with this summary.

As of 2016-10-22 4:04 pm GMT, there are 4,321 stats records tracked. (Some are missing choices and they been removed from the breakouts where most appropriate).
upload_2016-10-22_10-20-28.png

Only 4.8% want a bare bones (no options)
upload_2016-10-22_10-21-4.png

Only 6.8% want a nearly fully loaded (most options)
upload_2016-10-22_10-22-22.png

The range lovers are winning, 43.3% want range, and of that 36.1% want it with Supercharging with the majority 35.9% also choosing Autopilot to go along with that. To me this is why there is no other electric car that compete with that and I would conclude that this is why Tesla is able to successful. Hear that GM & other automakers, very fast charging is key!

upload_2016-10-22_10-23-40.png

Next interesting grouping is "Nicely Equipped". Almost 30% are going for slightly better than just a larger battery with Supercharging.(Adding in Autopilot and AWD)

upload_2016-10-22_10-27-49.png

And finally, the performance lovers. 13.2%. Nicely equipped with performance to boot.

upload_2016-10-22_10-30-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-22_10-28-38.png
    upload_2016-10-22_10-28-38.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: melindav
@Paul Carter - it would be interesting to see how these change from the initial options reservers say they would order to what they actually order. On the Model X tracker, had you noticed users updating their listings once they finalized the order?
Yes, I've started taking some monthly snap shots to compare later. ModelXTracker.com seems to have died off a bit, but some are providing updates after delivery.

@melindav

When generating reports in addition to state you need to fill in the country.
Oh, I see. Hmm... maybe I can add the country in there so you don't have to choose both state and country when filtering by states. This happened a little while ago when @Darryl and I did a cleanup script to begin using abbreviations for other countries and I see there's an overlap with "WA" states.

@Claude274

There are some users who for privacy reasons do not want to input their city and state. Even though these fields are still not required, the system was changed to encourage users to input this information. This change was made several months after the system went live, therefore, there are still some of the older records where the user didn't provide this information. In most cases I have contacted the individual via email and requested they update their information. Where there have been a few who have gone back and updated their information many have ingnored my request.

In addition it was expected that users would enter the options they planned on ordering on their Model 3 but many users have also left these fields blank. Without this information it is hard to project and produce charts and reports with meaniful information.

It would be great if all users could log on to http://model3tracker.info system and make sure their information is complete and reflects the options they plan on ordering on their Model 3.

Darryl
Model3Tracker.info
ModelXTracker.com
Co-Administrator

when first choosing US, then Washington, it jumps back over to Western Australia. I think it's telling me I should start to pack for a move ;)
View attachment 199650

lol... yes, its just finding the first state in the list to match your selection. Its still filtering correctly. I'm working on a fix so once you pick WA (USA) it'll automatically default the country filter.