Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ModelX Interior lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find my Model X interior lighting to be suboptimal especially in dark garage or in open spots in the night. Especially the area of mobile charger and boot well are hard to operate under such a low lighting.

I have bought a couple of Osram LED lights and fixed them at the following places. Thought it may be useful for others who noticed the problem as well. Also looking forward to hearing feedback if there are some other suggestions

OSRAM LED LUMIstixx
OSRAM Dot it

Attachments

• IMG_20190521_221651.jpg
    IMG_20190521_221651.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 753
  • IMG_20190526_182117.jpg
    IMG_20190526_182117.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_20190526_182137.jpg
    IMG_20190526_182137.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_20190526_182300.jpg
    IMG_20190526_182300.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_20190526_182305.jpg
    IMG_20190526_182305.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 582
Do the AO replacements look cheesy ? Do you use ultra brights or regular? Anyone have feedback on the puddle lights?

I'm always a bit weary of aftermarket stuff.... very frequently I find it doesn't look as good.... would love to hear some feedback from some OCD folks.

Do the AO replacements look cheesy ? Do you use ultra brights or regular? Anyone have feedback on the puddle lights?

I'm always a bit weary of aftermarket stuff.... very frequently I find it doesn't look as good.... would love to hear some feedback from some OCD folks.
No, AO dont look cheesy at all - from the outside they are indistinguishable from the OEM, they are slightly larger in size but swapping them instead of OEM was very easy. Yes, they are bright. Puddle lights work great too - obviously not visible during the day, but at night bright and sharp

Indeed, abstract ocean. Ive bought the light upgrade then opted for colors.

My one complaint, purple doesnt look purple its white.. only the bulb itself looks purple. (I use it in the trunk)

You might also wanna check out tesla-lights.net
I got my front/rear lighted t logo from there

LOVE my AO lights! Got the super bright replacements, and the red light in the front doors made a HUGE difference! I wish I would have taken a picture, but when I replaced one side, I opened both doors and stood behind the car. The AO replacement was so much brighter! (I was actually surprised at how 'dim' the Tesla OEM lights were!)

I, too, opted for the 'purple' footwell lights. I noted they look almost white most of the time, with the exception of when it's pitch-black dark outside... then you'll kinda see the purple tint. The blue looked just TOO blue on the website, but maybe they would be a nicer look. I may replace the purple with blue and see.

I went with the "X" puddle lights. They look amazing! They also are mostly visible during daylight with the exception of when it's in direct sunlight.

Overall, I'm so glad I got these! Oh, and they are super easy to swap out. Literally "plug and play".

LOVE my AO lights! Got the super bright replacements, and the red light in the front doors made a HUGE difference! I wish I would have taken a picture, but when I replaced one side, I opened both doors and stood behind the car. The AO replacement was so much brighter! (I was actually surprised at how 'dim' the Tesla OEM lights were!)

I, too, opted for the 'purple' footwell lights. I noted they look almost white most of the time, with the exception of when it's pitch-black dark outside... then you'll kinda see the purple tint. The blue looked just TOO blue on the website, but maybe they would be a nicer look. I may replace the purple with blue and see.

I went with the "X" puddle lights. They look amazing! They also are mostly visible during daylight with the exception of when it's in direct sunlight.

Overall, I'm so glad I got these! Oh, and they are super easy to swap out. Literally "plug and play".

The blue lights are indeed very blue.

I am replacing all my lights with Abstract Ocean brights.

Using Blue for the foot-well lights, and white for everywhere else, except the door red lights and then using the "X" puddle lights. I have the lights now, picking up my new Model X tomorrow. Detailer will put in all my lights, so after I get it back, I can see how they will all look, but think they will be great.

Reactions: aagosh
$ 100K car and one of the first things one must do is spend $ 150.00 replacing the interior lights because they are too dim. Anyone else see an issue with this?

None at all. They are not "too dim". They are just not as bright as some people want them. Many people like to customize their cars. If they were brighter, there would be people buying dim versions just because they don't want brighter lights. I also wanted different colors in the foot-well. Now, there are some cars, that have RGB lighting in the car and it is configurable, which is a very nice option. Maybe future Teslas will have that, but I am not pissed this one does not. I am just hoping as the brand grows, they have more options to personalize the car. :p

Reactions: DCGOO
$ 100K car and one of the first things one must do is spend $ 150.00 replacing the interior lights because they are too dim. Anyone else see an issue with this?
No.
The OEM is adequate and, from my experience, in line with other car makers - it's just some want something brighter. I've replaced interior lights in my previous GLs but my wife is happy with the lights in her MBs - to each their own.

Reactions: Daisame