Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ModelX Interior lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is sort of funny that is a cheap Chinese LED light that has been on Amazon for years, that they put there logo on. Not saying it does not work just fine.. it is just not something special. You could easily get any LED battery operated light from Amazon or Walmart and do the same.

Reactions: TKGA
I think it is sort of funny that is a cheap Chinese LED light that has been on Amazon for years, that they put there logo on. Not saying it does not work just fine.. it is just not something special. You could easily get any LED battery operated light from Amazon or Walmart and do the same.
Good to know. I was in my post-Tesla delivery fever state buying all the accessories I could. Rational thinking was not involved.

I am sure all of you guys posting here must have thought over it, but can anyone pls confirm if Tesla doesnt creates an issue with Warranty replacing ORM interior lights?

At least in the US, manufacturers have to prove that any aftermarket part caused a specific failure to deny your warranty claim for that failure. They still can't void your warranty entirely for using aftermarket parts: Understanding the Magnuson-Moss Act as it Relates to Aftermarket Car Parts - BRADFORD, LTD

• Informative
Reactions: dhallgagandeep
There are "improved" versions of the puddle lights that actually use laser's etc. But those usually require wire splicing from other sources and aften run over 300$ for a set of 2. I could also see how those could posdible void warranty since "your altering the original wiring" similar to the "lighted door sills" which also require a wire splice. Other mods that require wire splicing include but are limited to: some stereo mods, the Front/Rear lighted logos, the lighted rear Tesla letters and other exterior lighting. Interior lighting can usually be found as plug and play.

The illuminated door sills for Model S and 3 are just plug in extensions from the foot well light. Is the model X version a splice?

I can see Tesla being concerned with any splices into their existing wiring. That would definitely be a risk. I don't know if I would take that risk, but I know many have done things like that to their cars.

The laser puddle lights sound very interesting too. Do you have a link to some pictures? I would like to see what they look like.

The illuminated door sills for Model S and 3 are just plug in extensions from the foot well light. Is the model X version a splice?

I can see Tesla being concerned with any splices into their existing wiring. That would definitely be a risk. I don't know if I would take that risk, but I know many have done things like that to their cars.

The laser puddle lights sound very interesting too. Do you have a link to some pictures? I would like to see what they look like.
The tesland door sill lights I installed were not a splice. They have a wire from the door sill that splits into 2 - one part for the interior footwell light and one part for the plug that went into the interior footwell light.

So after stumbling on this thread at random last week, I ordered a full set of Abstract Ocean lights. Should be waiting for me when I get home. I went with the blue footwell lights, my '17 outback had them from the factory and I very much miss them :)

I've bought the lighted door sills, and opted not to install them due to where the wire splicing is required. Ive already had to splice wires to install the front/rear lighted logo's.

Tesla will fight against repairing anything that has even been touched by an aftermarket product. Granted the law says they can only refuse if its proven the aftermarket product caused the issue. That being said, its a long hard fight, and is it worth it for a couple of lights? But hopefully you can install them and never have an issue.

(Tesla almost didnt replace my front bumper clips because i had a carbon fiber DECAL on my bumper) just sayin.

I've bought the lighted door sills, and opted not to install them due to where the wire splicing is required. Ive already had to splice wires to install the front/rear lighted logo's.

Tesla will fight against repairing anything that has even been touched by an aftermarket product. Granted the law says they can only refuse if its proven the aftermarket product caused the issue. That being said, its a long hard fight, and is it worth it for a couple of lights? But hopefully you can install them and never have an issue.

(Tesla almost didnt replace my front bumper clips because i had a carbon fiber DECAL on my bumper) just sayin.

Wow! That is absurd. Was their argument that the bumper is attached so delicately that the added weight of a vinyl wrap was to much for it to handle? :eek:

I find my Model X interior lighting to be suboptimal especially in dark garage or in open spots in the night. Especially the area of mobile charger and boot well are hard to operate under such a low lighting.

I have bought a couple of Osram LED lights and fixed them at the following places. Thought it may be useful for others who noticed the problem as well. Also looking forward to hearing feedback if there are some other suggestions

OSRAM LED LUMIstixx
OSRAM Dot it
So after stumbling on this thread at random last week, I ordered a full set of Abstract Ocean lights. Should be waiting for me when I get home. I went with the blue footwell lights, my '17 outback had them from the factory and I very much miss them :)
The 3 piece dome lights are touch operated. Are these ones with 3 bulbs of same type?