Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ModelXBoy Iron Man Now Titanium Coated! Time to "Show Off"!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ModelXBoy

No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!
Jan 3, 2016
Orange County, CA
The car came out wonderful! Thanks to my buddy Alex and Luis from Rhino Custom Detailing in Huntington Beach CA! Awesome job!

Here are what we did to the Iron Man:
1. CS-II Titanium Coating on the exterior painting
2. CS-II Leather Coating on the white seats
3. Alfa 45 Wheel Coating on all four wheels.

Here are some shot I took today, fresh off the pot!

Enjoy
ModelXBoy

Attachments

• IMG_8201.JPG
    IMG_8201.JPG
    410.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_8202.JPG
    IMG_8202.JPG
    425.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_8203.JPG
    IMG_8203.JPG
    437.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_8204.JPG
    IMG_8204.JPG
    335 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_8205.JPG
    IMG_8205.JPG
    336.6 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_8207.JPG
    IMG_8207.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_8209.JPG
    IMG_8209.JPG
    310.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_8210.JPG
    IMG_8210.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_8214.JPG
    IMG_8214.JPG
    418.9 KB · Views: 181
Ok I admit I'm a neophyte here so please educate me as I just picked up my MX - what does coating on the exterior paint and on the seats do? thx.

Coating is great way to protect the paint of the car. Especially for an expensive car like the Model X. Once installed, you can pour water on the paint and it should slide right off. It's like giving your car a nice manicure. Also the coating adds a slight thickness to your car, giving your paint additional protections. There are many brands on the market and different shops that can install them for you, make sure choose a reputable installer and a good brand product.

For me i was originally going to do the Optic Pro Plus, but after did some research and was also recommended by my installer, I have convinced myself to do the Titanium coating instead of the ceramic coating. I am not an expert in coating also, just a guy who always want to try to latest and best product on the market. After I have taken the car back today, I am sure I made the right decision because I have seem cars with Optic pro plus and the titanium coating is far more superior IMHO. I also have heard the Titanium coating is something new, Ceramic coating has been on the market for a long time and is recommended by lots of people also. Something new Vs Classic, you make the call ;), you won't regret by choosing either one.

if you dont mind me asking how much was it?

With all the work done on my car, it cost under 3k. It's not cheap, but get the work done perfectly is the key here. The place I went to is very reputable and have over 200 Yelp reviews with five stars rating, plus I been going there for years and they have been taking care my other cars also. You can customize on what you need to be done, different products cost different price. Titanium coating is one of the most expensive if not the most expensive coating on the market today. So I suggest you do some research yourself on different coating products on the market today and decide for yourself.

• Love
Reactions: Chaiski
@Ormond, The coating does not peel off, it's very solid on the existing paint. This is the first time I use Titanium coating, Will see how long and how good the coating last when going through various harsh conditions.

@CaliX It's call Rhino Custom Detailing in Huntington Beach. You can go to google and type this in, you can see the reviews, it's five stars with over 200 reviews on the last time I checked. Very good work!