Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Tesla Model X Fails, videos and pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So why are you still doing it? Answer, because they're not giving you what you want so you figured it worked the first time...

Just stop. Seriously... Just stop...

Jeff

Jeffro, why are you so upset? Let the man vent! Wouldn't you be upset if you spent six figures on a car and it had that many problems and was in the shop that much?

I had a sunroof leak a couple years back on my MS and they fixed the leak but left the water damage and nasty smell caused by it, I wish I had done like him and raised cain on the forums, maybe they would have fixed it then. I thought that leak was annoying for such an expensive car and that was just one problem, this dude has had lots of problems!

The issues I encountered would be seen as significantly minor contrasted to the problems the OP faced. I don't blame the OP for providing feedback on his experience with the car as long as it remains constructing and honest for owners/prospective owners and Tesla employees that hopefully monitor the forums to explore and resolve issues.

Jeffro, why are you so upset? Let the man vent! Wouldn't you be upset if you spent six figures on a car and it had that many problems and was in the shop that much?

I had a sunroof leak a couple years back on my MS and they fixed the leak but left the water damage and nasty smell caused by it, I wish I had done like him and raised cain on the forums, maybe they would have fixed it then. I thought that leak was annoying for such an expensive car and that was just one problem, this dude has had lots of problems!

This isn't venting... This goes WAYYYY beyond venting... Do you not see what the OP is doing or do some of you simply not care? If you really want TMC to turn into a vendetta place where people openly try to use the public nature of the boards to gain leverage against Tesla by way of blackmail then you really have some serious ethical issues. Keep in mind, we're only getting one side of the story here but it's pretty clear from a number of threads in various spaces here that almost no one ever questions the authenticity of claim and immediately sides with the poster...

The guy openly admits he's intentionally blackmailing Tesla by way of TMC and you all sit here and act like he's a hero... There is nothing wrong with venting, I've vented here many times on many issues. It's blackmailing where I draw the line, you should too...

Jeff

Jeff, great advice. Just stop.

Stop leveraging this board to blackmail Tesla into getting whatever it is you think you deserve. Are you really that unethical of a person to stoop this low? Why don't you tell everyone the full truth instead of parts you selectively picked in order to gain favor here? How about you tell us what Tesla is offering you as part of your lemon law claim and why it's so awful that you're still here trying to gain additional leverage?

As someone who has been extremely critical of Tesla at times, I draw the line at blackmail. I didn't realize until now that people are way to willing to sacrifice their ethical standards when they feel personally wronged... Perhaps that's me simply being naive...

Jeff

The guy openly admits he's intentionally blackmailing Tesla by way of TMC and you all sit here and act like he's a hero... There is nothing wrong with venting, I've vented here many times on many issues. It's blackmailing where I draw the line, you should too...

Jeff

Agreed....blackmailing is the same as stealing!

Why don't you tell everyone the full truth instead of parts you selectively picked in order to gain favor here? How about you tell us what Tesla is offering you as part of your lemon law claim and why it's so awful that you're still here trying to gain additional leverage?

Jeff

I second this motion....full disclosure or you're just being an ass...yes, I just said that.

I had been asked by Tesla to take down my videos and complaints on this website around the time we started getting serious in our discussions.
That is not legitimate business practice. A legitimate business would fix errors, not cover them up. The way to deal with errors is to fix them. If you are hiding errors, you are not attempting to fix them, or deliver good products, and you are purely attempting to fool customers into buying faulty product. This is unacceptable. The only reason I'm going to withhold judgement is that I don't see this in writing anywhere; it could have been slightly different than you explained it, or a loose canon at Tesla. But it is a bad sign.

If they ask you to link "and now it's fixed" videos, I could see that as being productive; it would show they fix their errors. However, even demanding that would be beyond their scope, as far as I'm concerned. Also, if I were a customer, I would want to come back and follow up to explain that the problems were fixed, too (if I could find my posts of problems). Furthermore, if Tesla wants to post their own video of fixing your problems, they're free to do so.

Disclaimer: I'm usually biased toward divulging more information on all topics, to the extent that it is appropriate, compared to what the norm seems to be (and I don't agree with the norm in many instances).

Last edited:
Agreed....blackmailing is the same as stealing!

I second this motion....full disclosure or you're just being an ass...yes, I just said that.
I've already answered that. Just read through the posts. And no, I'm not blackmailing anyone. I never once threatened Tesla with anything. They were fully aware of every video and picture I had of my problems because I emailed them every video and picture whenever there was a problem. I never once told them something like "Give me more than the law requires, or I will try to destroy you."

They knew I had the videos, they offered less than the law would require, so I have filed the paperwork with them to go to arbitration and am now releasing all of my problems to the public. I never threatened anyone. Blackmail requires an if/then setup, which I did not do. I'm tired of keeping everything secret in the dim hopes that Tesla will do right by me.

Stop leveraging this board to blackmail Tesla into getting whatever it is you think you deserve. Are you really that unethical of a person to stoop this low? Why don't you tell everyone the full truth instead of parts you selectively picked in order to gain favor here? How about you tell us what Tesla is offering you as part of your lemon law claim and why it's so awful that you're still here trying to gain additional leverage?

As someone who has been extremely critical of Tesla at times, I draw the line at blackmail. I didn't realize until now that people are way to willing to sacrifice their ethical standards when they feel personally wronged... Perhaps that's me simply being naive...

Jeff
Jeff, blackmail is a legal term: the action, treated as a criminal offense, of demanding money from a person in return for not revealing compromising or injurious information. I never threatened them, I never demanded more than what they already owe me as a consumer, and I never bargained not to reveal anything in exchange for reward. So though it's cute that you like to accuse people slanderously, you should just stop, Jeff, just stop.

IMG_0926.JPG
And now for something completely expected with this thread: my window a couple mo the ago.

That is not legitimate business practice. A legitimate business would fix errors, not cover them up.

Actually, in the Internet age, this is a fairly common condition in a legal settlement. Normally, an NDA (gag) is also included. I'm guessing that this vehicle is beyond fixing to satisfaction.

@jeffro01 is confusing "blackmail" with "leverage", in his over-the-top outrage, in defense of Tesla.

Reactions: M0DEL³ and yak-55
@jeffro01 is confusing "blackmail" with "leverage", in his over-the-top outrage, in defense of Tesla.

It's not in defense of Tesla at all... It's in defense of this community. Call it over the top if you want but do you really want this entire board turning into some sort of constant "leverage" post after "leverage" post? Is that what you want TMC to be?

If so then call me whatever you want... I just sincerely think what the OP is doing is ethically bankrupt...

Jeff

That's right, @jeffro01 , you tell them how it is! Fix the TMC and the entire internet, since you're at it! Make it right! World Peace!

That's right, @MasterT, you tell @jeffro01 how it is! No one should ever take a stand for what they believe is right unless they can fix the entire internet and deliver World Peace too!

That is not legitimate business practice. A legitimate business would fix errors, not cover them up.

Actually, in the Internet age, this is a fairly common condition in a legal settlement.

Confidentiality clauses as part of the terms of a Release and Settlement Agreement, including the retraction of offending materials, were common long before the internet. This is a very legitimate and necessary business practice.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why "anyone" is attacking the OP.

His situation could be any one of us.. and he should get our support.

Tesla needs to build better cars, period. It shouldn't be smoke and mirrors, marketing hoopla..

At the end of the day, I expect a good car for my hard earned money.

TMC is all about sharing.. the good and the bad... And holding Tesla accountable to their "fans" and early adopters.

I don't have any issues with someone using a forum, YouTube or the interent to try to exert leverage as long as he's given the Company the chance to make it right - which he's obviously done. If the Company doesn't realise the value of good or great customer service and it ends on the net so be it. Any good Company can easily and quickly turn it into a positive by the same means I.e. Fully resolve the issue to the customers satisfaction and then sing loudly about it. If Tesla came up with an acceptable solution I'm pretty sure the OP would be back here and sing their praises. When you have serious issues like he has had you try to use every lever at your disposal and this forum is simply one of them.

I don't see how posting his "experience" on TMC creates any leverage at all w/ Tesla.
I don't see how it should create leverage, either, but it appears that it has. He was contacted about the publicity from Tesla directly. It's also clear from the tone of these posts and others that he believes this has at least some level of strategy attached to it.

It's Tesla's choice how they want to react, and it's OP's choice how he wants to behave. I was public about the faults with my X on this forum as well, but my tone was different. Tesla never contacted me, and I never went the lemon law route. 13k miles later, the X is in good shape and we're planning yet another ~4k mile road trip - this time towing our Airstream. But it took a while to get us here.