Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming it's getting on Triumph Ace. That will take 3 weeks to get to Zeebrugge + a couple of days to unload and transport to the UK. So, the earliest you'd likely see anything would be delivery text in about 3 weeks for collection in 4 weeks. However, if there's a lot of cars it may take a couple of weeks to work through, so even if you're on that ship your delivery could be 6 weeks away (my estimate - others may vary!)

Invoice number has gone from 4000's to 5000's and has now settled at 6000's

Although anyone who has changed spec will have got a new new invoice number (even if not a different place in the queue), so makes it hard to guess both number of actual order and where in the queue you might be ...

collection in 4 weeks. However, if there's a lot of cars it may take a couple of weeks to work through, so even if you're on that ship your delivery could be 6 weeks away

Hmmm ... what do we reckon, handover of 150 cars a day, 6 days a week? 2 weeks = 1,800 cars only ...

Heathrow peaked at 100 a day (including Model-S and X) at end of June. They had drafted in staff from other showrooms, so my guess of 150 Model-3 a day is for all sites once they've got their staff back again!

Although anyone who has changed spec will have got a new new invoice number

Not necessarily. I changed spec with no impact on invoice number.

My guess of 150 Model-3 a day is for all sites once they've got their staff back again!

Sounds about right. I was reckoning on 10-15 per delivery centre if you want to do it day-after-day-after-day.

With time to prep, a delivery centre might be able to do a large one-off delivery chunk, but not every day sustained.

Hmmm ... what do we reckon, handover of 150 cars a day, 6 days a week? 2 weeks = 1,800 cars only ...

Do you know how many locations they are using?

If Heathrow is 100/day and others say 50/day you could probably add 4 more locations (other than Heathrow) to get a total of 300/day and all the cars on the board handed over in the 2 weeks.

Knowing my luck they will want to hand over mine when I'm on holiday (in UK but 4 hour drive). I'm already considering driving back to get it...

Triumph Ace has just changed its destination. To Panama it goes soon

TRIUMPH ACE changed the reported Destination
To: PAPCN
with ETA: 2019-07-21 12:00 UTC
Time: 2019-07-13 14:06 UTC
Position: 37.74963, -122.3756
Speed/Course: 0.0 knots / 299°

I imagine that Marine Traffic could be somewhat bemused by the numbers of people that are following this ship...

Triumph Ace departing San Francisco with Alcatraz in the background...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-13 at 18.05.05.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-13 at 18.05.05.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: MorayEVGuy