Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but a) that was lucky and b) that's with no existing model 3 orders underway at delivery centres.

The delivery windows people have been given for cars on Glovis Champion currently run till the 5th September, so unless that gets brought forward they'll still be dealing with those well into September. In fact, given the 19/69-plate shenanigans that are going to go on I'd expect those to run over / cause knock on delays.
I have a delivery date of 2nd - 9th September, email was sent on 1st August, seems like it is on the Champion, I have also seen some people quoted up to 13th at the same time, so I imagine around the end of that week there will probably be a mix of cars that came on the champion and some that came on the conductor. I think they rushed getting them over here from the Ace so they could try and start delivering earlier than needed. I want a 69 plate so I hope mine doesn't get pushed any earlier.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Triumph Ace has just left Bremerhaven and is enroute to STH (Southampton ?) due to dock tomorrow at 6pm. I had assumed the M3s would be trucked up to the UK ? Could it be that there will be a whole pile of them being unloaded tomorrow ?
Quite possibly, would make sense. Get the first few days worth loaded and sent over on trailers, then off load the rest at Southampton.

Triumph Ace has just left Bremerhaven and is enroute to STH (Southampton ?) due to dock tomorrow at 6pm. I had assumed the M3s would be trucked up to the UK ? Could it be that there will be a whole pile of them being unloaded tomorrow ?

Could always be carrying other cars to UK. Can't be Teslas as there is no destination charging at the port. Unless they charged them up and loaded them again...

Reactions: Roy W.
Quite possibly, would make sense. Get the first few days worth loaded and sent over on trailers, then off load the rest at Southampton.
Not convinced, they get charged over at Zeebrugge, and apparently PDI done there to. Bremerhaven is nothing to do with Tesla, my guess is that is another car company, I believe Volkswagen use the port at Bremerhaven. Tesla are either getting transported or put them on another boat to come over here.

The Triumph Ace is heading off through the Suez Canal after Southampton and so I reckon its more likely just dropping off some German cars and then loading some British tractors.

Reactions: Leo UK
I finally made email contact with a senior manager for Tesla UK and Ireland today, thank goodness. Here's a comment about ships and cars...

"We have several vessels and hundreds, actually thousands, of cars travelling to us throughout the next 8 weeks.

Once these vessels depart one by one, they will then be ‘matched’ to owners across the UK who will then receive an alert via SMS or email.

... for the huge number of cars arriving between now and the end of September, there is an incredibly high probability that you will receive your car in this time. "

The context was surrounding my order date, spec and reservation, but interesting comment on the numbers of cars and ships.

• Informative
Reactions: Yev000 and Roy W.
I finally made email contact with a senior manager for Tesla UK and Ireland today, thank goodness. Here's a comment about ships and cars...

"We have several vessels and hundreds, actually thousands, of cars travelling to us throughout the next 8 weeks.

Once these vessels depart one by one, they will then be ‘matched’ to owners across the UK who will then receive an alert via SMS or email.

... for the huge number of cars arriving between now and the end of September, there is an incredibly high probability that you will receive your car in this time. "

The context was surrounding my order date, spec and reservation, but interesting comment on the numbers of cars and ships.
According to my VIN and final invoice I have been “matched”, but still no email or SMS...

Just had an estimated delivery email from Tesla, 9-16 September at Manchester South.
Also I now have a source code VIN 5YJ3F7EB6KF49XXXX.
I assume that is on the SFL Conductor!
Or maybe someone with better shipping knowledge can put me right!
Car is a M3P White/Black. Invoice was X5XX.

Really helpful thanks you- no VIN number here yet
Reservation date: Feb 2018 / Model 3 LR/AWD/18" Aero/Red paint/ Premium Black interior/ Order date 1st May 2019 No 233

I got the same info today when speaking to them... so there’s at least some consistency around!!

I am considering upgrading from an SR+ to LR AWD but after a 2 month wait so far and likely 3 month as it stands, I don’t think I can stomach going to the back of the queue (again).

I also wanted to change my DC from Birmingham to Heathrow as it appears that you’re more likely to get quicker delivery there. Birmingham appear to be having a small turnover in comparison. However, when factoring in the likelihood that my delivery slot will appear at anytime in September (who knows?) - I won’t be able to get out of work at the drop of a hat - especially having just of had 6 weeks off!

• Informative
I am considering upgrading from an SR+ to LR AWD but after a 2 month wait so far and likely 3 month as it stands, I don’t think I can stomach going to the back of the queue (again).

Actually, I bet upgrading well bump you up the queue. If you look at the order spreadhseet only the P+ with no reservations were delivered. It would make sense that SR+ are at the back of the queue unless you had a reservation.