Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the hoegh Oslo is docked in Philly at the moment. As mentioned above it is not due in to Southampton till the 5th of October...which makes no sense from a time to cross the pond point of view.

However also looking at their schedules it's not even due into to Philly at all. So here's my take...probably wrong but I'll give it a stab...
The ship is going to do a trip from PHL to sou (or somewhere in UK/EU), then head back to PHL and then back again? Would that make sense and fit into the time scales? Like I said...probably wrong but it's the best I can think of.

Well, after thinking & hoping my car was on Glovis Sunlight I have been told via a Tesla contact at the finance broker that my car is still in the US :( so, looking for positive information when is Hoegh Oslo scheduled to hit Southampton? Surely it won't take from now until 5th October? :eek:

yep, they are getting updates ahead of us from Tesla directly for all there lease customers

This is the bit that sucks, a lease company is likely to have a much better foot in the door to Tesla than a person with 50K in a suitcase.

If I had the same deal as my Mrs for leasing a car I would definitely take it. Dropped the kids of this morning in the Audi and, since the weekend, the air coming out of the vents is red hot yet cabin temp is set to lowest setting. Her comment, "don't care, car getting replaced, heading into winter, at least it's warm" if it needs fixing lease company would just drop off a replacement whilst hers is being fixed.

Not sure if they are on here, but someone just posted this on FB. Suggesting ships from Philadelphia are going to Zeebrugge and not direct to the UK.

Attachments

• 205C7A35-6873-4D0F-BA62-054DA9EA9642.jpeg
    205C7A35-6873-4D0F-BA62-054DA9EA9642.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: ME_UK
Hi I recently joined the forum. So good to see this community and all the effort in tracking orders. I ordered a LRAWD Blue with white interior 18” (no tow) on 5th of august and got my HP approved by 13th of august. Delivery estimate email says 8 sept-15sept, but how likely is that? I dont have vin in the source code. I wonder if my spec is too specific to arrive on time.

Not sure if they are on here, but someone just posted this on FB. Suggesting ships from Philadelphia are going to Zeebrugge and not direct to the UK.
I heard Portsmouth (or Southampton for some). Ours is marked as 'in port' for last week but delivery GB not sure if its Philadelphia or Portsmouth. Delivery 'October' with 2 week advance notice of window then firmer date at 1 week.

Make what you wan't of that info, but thats all the info delivery GB had on their screens.

Last edited:
Notwithstanding all the smoke and mirrors, we know Tesla are super focused on Quarterly deliveries... Hence what looks like opening up a new route from Philly direct to the UK as all cars headed there seem to be RHD... Let’s see where Hoegh Oslo is heading when she leaves Philly as this info should show up on the vessel trackers. Good news is that Dorian and Gabrielle have passed and so journey time should be ten days. If they were to route via Belgium and the Netherlands this would mean that they miss Q end and we get our cars in October. So I would assume that Southampton is correct as per the Hoegh website. Anyway my two penny’s worth...

I heard Portsmouth (or Southampton for some). Ours is marked as 'in port' for last week but delivery GB not sure if its Philadelphia or Portsmouth. Delivery 'October' with 2 week advance notice of window then firmer date at 1 week.

Make what you wan't of that info, but thats all the info delivery GB had on their screens.

I don't think Portsmouth has any facilities for taking vehicle carriers...if anywhere on south coast it would surely be Southampton. It's only 15 miles further up the Solent! Either way I'd take it, can I pick mine up from the port?

Or Are the Leasing Companies just talking a load of crap? To get the Customer off their back? seems to me atm that all the boats seemed anchored up somewhere.

I believe they have a better channel for tracking through Finance departments. They had already know about VIN's being associated for Car's they ordered , example mine was 1st Aug order , VIN 4914XX , which was already tracked to them by Tesla for 20-26th Sept if not earlier...