Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
481** and I've been told first week (well "1st or around then") of October as well. Heathrow pick up.

Interesting, looking at the source code on my account I see 502xxx. I emailed the Tesla rep to ask about the car and he replied a car is assigned to my account and it is on route from the US, delivery before the end of September. Order for blue LRAWD black interior no tow

There seems to be a common thread here for early to mid October. Never thought I’d be taking so much interest in shipping details, I’ll be reviewing tide times next and up at 6 every morning with Radio 4... Dogger, Fisher, German Bight...

There seems to be a common thread here for early to mid October. Never thought I’d be taking so much interest in shipping details, I’ll be reviewing tide times next and up at 6 every morning with Radio 4... Dogger, Fisher, German Bight...

I think it's a bit of a ploy on their behalf to cover anything going wrong. And everyone will be happy that hlthere delivery will be in 'early' as in September...we all know how much Tesla is going to be going full chaff to deliver as many as possible before EOQ3

I can't see any obvious contenders for the Philadelphia - Zeebrugge run in the near future. Given that Hurricane Dorian will be sweeping up the East coast I can't imagine any loading taking place in the next week either. The earliest I would expect any arrrival at Zeebrugge would be around 20 Sep and so assuming a 9 day transit I would expect to see loading begin around 9 Sep.

Just looking way back on this thread to earlier this month.

Nobody likes a smart Alec but Hoegh Oslo is looking good.

I asked tesla delivery what's going of about a week ago, the gist of their response the other day short of shut up and wait was that as I have no vin yet they cant see where I am. so with that in mind what's the next batch of ships to arrive in a month? so early October? at this rate the oslo seems to be the best bet?

they basically said ask again in a month so didn't say stop asking which I found a tad funny but I replied back saying I do really need more info than this for personal reasons-autism and anxiety do not mix!

I think it's a bit of a ploy on their behalf to cover anything going wrong. And everyone will be happy that hlthere delivery will be in 'early' as in September...we all know how much Tesla is going to be going full chaff to deliver as many as possible before EOQ3

The trouble with this is you keep the week free and then they suddenly bring it forward to surprise you - except you are out of the country. That's looking highly likely for the end of September for me. It's already happened once (I had a delivery of the 20th of August, then they tried to give me a car on the 7th and then 9th of August when I was on holiday, then they cancelled the 20th and gave my car away and sent me to the back of the queue after I had paid). If it happens again I will pull my money.

Draft now 8.2m from 7.5m (it’s loaded). ETA at Zeebrugge 18th September.

For Fun:

So the ship is listed as 179.9m × 32.2m square area of ~ 5800m^2 drop this down to 5000m^2 to try and take into account the tapering of the hull.

This gives a loaded displacement of 5000x 0.7 = 3500 m^3

Assuming (stab in the dark) 150 Tons of fuel a day and ten days worth of fuel in the tanks =1500MT

Cargo = 3500 - 1500 = 2000 MT

In the region of 2000/1.7 (MT weight of M3) = approx 1200 cars

Does this seem in the right ballpark, any thoughts??

For Fun:

So the ship is listed as 179.9m × 32.2m square area of ~ 5800m^2 drop this down to 5000m^2 to try and take into account the tapering of the hull.

This gives a loaded displacement of 5000x 0.7 = 3500 m^3

Assuming (stab in the dark) 150 Tons of fuel a day and ten days worth of fuel in the tanks =1500MT

In the region of 2000/1.7 (MT weight of M3) = approx 1200 cars

Does this seem in the right ballpark, any thoughts??

Someone needs to get laid...hahaha

Overall length figures include some overhang at the bow which makes the waterline length shorter, so I think your average area is too high.

Also you've assumed she's taken on fuel in Philadelphia, which may not be the case, she may have had sufficient in the bunkers for the voyage prior to arrival. It probably depends if fuel is particularly cheap there or not.