Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pier 80 is the loading pier in San Francisco - the other end of things (check it out in Google Maps satellite view - is that a bunch of M3’s on the waterside?! Saw it on Marine Traffic last night).

What Mr M was talking about is the next ship there to go alongside and load up after GMT Astro - HTHs

Mr M: fan of your work BTW - thanks for keeping us all informed!

Thanks for the info, really helpful

The problem with the Glovis Sirius is that it is a big wide boat - it is too wide to transit by the old canal gates it must use the new and very expensive canal gates.
I'm starting to worry about you Mr Miserable. As a child I used to see train spotters on the platform when I caught the train to school. I fear you may be wearing a large anorak, clutching a flask at the entry to the Panama Canal...... or is it the exit? I'm sure you'll actually know this! ;-)

Last edited:
I'm starting to worry about you Mr Miserable. As a child I used to see train spotters on the platform when I caught the train to school. I fear you may be wearing a large anorak, clutching a flask at the entry to the Panama Canal...... or is it the exit? I'm sure you'll actually know this! ;-)

I 'did" the canal in a yacht in 2007 and returned earlier this year to see the new locks in action. It is impressive engineering and the daily operation is big money. The canal generally operates with the precision of the proverbial swiss watch despite the many variables that attempt to derail the routine. It's a slick operation and an engineering marvel.

And BTW, I do have a tartan flask.

Morten Grove on Twitter

Southampton bound, I seriously hope this is full of 3's that have been stuck at Zee.

You would like to think so.
I suspect that the delay to the Jasper and to the Cosmos has meant that they lost the pre-booked connecting space.

The Tosca is doing a regular run and its arrival dock in Southampton is it's usual one and not near where the Teslas are parked.
Personally I would keep an eye on the Autoprogress/Autostar, much more likely to have Teslas on board.

• Informative
Reactions: KamSandhu44
Any congestion of Teslas at Zeebrugge is only going to get very quickly worse over the next week or so.
The Glovis Cosmos is due to arrive on Sunday 24th and will need to be quickly unloaded and sent on its way to Amsterdam before the Grand Neptune pitches up on Tuesday 26th and disgorges its load on to the pier.

Any congestion of Teslas at Zeebrugge is only going to get very quickly worse over the next week or so.
The Glovis Cosmos is due to arrive on Sunday 24th and will need to be quickly unloaded and sent on its way to Amsterdam before the Grand Neptune pitches up on Tuesday 26th and disgorges its load on to the pier.

My concern is, the cars that are already delayed, will get more delayed as more boats arrive. Instead of dealing with the backlog, they'll deal with the new cars.

My concern is, the cars that are already delayed, will get more delayed as more boats arrive. Instead of dealing with the backlog, they'll deal with the new cars.

I think there will have to be a real push to get the cars off the pier asap particularly those from the Cosmos. They may well prioritise European cars to make space and consolidate the RHD cars from both the Cosmos and Neptune (and any backlog) in to one BIG shipment to Southampton. The clue to this happening would be notifications of delivery delays particularly to those in the South. Shipments to Grimsby should be OK.
All speculation though.

• Informative
Reactions: KamSandhu44
Me either, ordered 29th August. White SR+ with white interior, was told VIN allocation is an automated process that occurs 6-10 weeks after order so was expected beginning of November
Ah man! I really hope yours drops in today Corbo! surely you've got to have a delivery some time in 2019! I presume you've spoken to Tesla, but I can't imagine it gets you anywhere!

Me either, ordered 29th August. White SR+ with white interior, was told VIN allocation is an automated process that occurs 6-10 weeks after order so was expected beginning of November

Today I am 'celebrating' exactly three months since I placed my order for a Long Range AWD M3 on August 23rd. In the days immediately after after placing my order, I received several calls from Tesla wanting to confirm my payment details. They told me to expect the car September/October. Since then, zero communication. No vin, no delivery date. Have tried calling twice for an update but just got brushed off with - "you are not matched to a car, we can't help you". So far Tesla has not met the delivery estimate they told me when I ordered and now also not met the '3 months from ordering' estimate I have seen others here refer to. I wasn't too bothered about exact delivery date when I ordered; 'so long as it arrives before the end of the year'. Pretty much resigned now to that deadline being missed also and most disappointed at the total lack of communication from Tesla with regard to when they will deliver my car as opposed to how I am going to pay for it. Starting to feel that M3 deliveries in the UK are as unpredictable as what happens when you throw a steel ball at the window of a CyberTruck ...

I understand the whole, 'we don't build M3 cars to order' mantra from Tesla. I presume their model is that it is more efficient from a production viewpoint to make cars in batches with the same spec, then match these to existing orders. Obvious drawback with this production model (for unlucky customers) arises when the number of cars made with a given specification does not correlate well with the numbers being ordered with each combination of colour, interior SR/LR/P etc. Does anyone know if Tesla actually try to balance production batches with pending orders? Or is it more random and this accounts for some of the disparities we are seeing between order dates and delivery times in the UK?

I pe
I understand the whole, 'we don't build M3 cars to order' mantra from Tesla. I presume their model is that it is more efficient from a production viewpoint to make cars in batches with the same spec, then match these to existing orders. Obvious drawback with this production model (for unlucky customers) arises when the number of cars made with a given specification does not correlate well with the numbers being ordered with each combination of colour, interior SR/LR/P etc. Does anyone know if Tesla actually try to balance production batches with pending orders? Or is it more random and this accounts for some of the disparities we are seeing between order dates and delivery times in the UK?
I personally think they are prioritising performance and LR models with a slight drip through of SR