Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most requested features list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will be my first winter with a tesla does it really take 40 minutes for it to preheat? 🤦‍♂️ I'll have to check my automation settings in tessie 😆
Well spotted ... no! 5 mins for the cabin, allow 10 mins for the battery pack to warm a bit ... but you really don't need to allow for that at all unless you are desperate for the few miles range this can add. (With expensive peak rate I'm expecting to use very little preconditioning this winter compared to previous. With seat heaters and the rapid heating of the cabin it's hardly necessary unless there's ice all over the car.)

Reactions: Sparky750
With seat heaters and the rapid heating of the cabin it's hardly necessary unless there's ice all over the car.)
Like this! All frozen up, even after a long preheat

This was state of car before preheat. ~15 mins on max and further 45 mins at 21C. Can’t remember if we tried doors part way through or simply waited an hour before trying. They certainly were not opened for an hour after preheat started. You just learn when car is in that state not to bother trying to open too soon otherwise windows stick and car ends up half open, half closed but not going anywhere. Never owned a car this bad for getting stuck in 30+ years, and I’ve owned cars with window to rubber for all of that time.

For reference, had I not gone out and unplugged, that would have used about 4kWh peak rate electricity to clear. Which was one of the points about my original post, you should be able to select an option to preheat from battery rather than AC if that suits your drive. It's going to get quite expensive if this is a regular occurrence on peak rate electricity.

That said, this was unusual conditions even for us. The whole body was like a thin skin of ice. Quite magical patterns actually.

1663419848562.jpeg

1663420615711.jpeg

Last edited:
A button to quickly toggle dipped wing mirrors when in reverse
We can already do this - Just select reverse - then go into mirror adjust - select each mirror and adjust to the position you want then press the park button - each time you select reverse the mirrors will go to your reversing settings - and go back to normal when you either park or select forwards. Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment.

I too would like proper Matrix headlights but also as a retrofit and retrofit for heated steering Wheel for those of us with earlier model cars
Would like to be able to adjust the screen so I can set how large or small I want the graphic of the car - or the map etc
Retrofit for the LI low voltage battery
An option to select Chrome when you specify a new vehicle - and Michelin Tyres - indeed just more options selectable to configure the car like the white inset panel in the door cards for white interiors and a white centre console armrest and white/black or combination steering wheel.

We can already do this - Just select reverse - then go into mirror adjust - select each mirror and adjust to the position you want then press the park button - each time you select reverse the mirrors will go to your reversing settings - and go back to normal when you either park or select forwards. Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment.
That isn't a feature of the Model 3&Y, it is only on the Model S&X. (And isn't what they were asking for. They want to be able to quickly flip between the two positions when they have different things they want to check for.)

Reactions: Zilla91
Like this! All frozen up, even after a long preheat
I find that Gummipfledge (rubber conditioner) or similar on the window rubbers and WD40 in door handles (no more than twice through winter) means that windows and doors open even in freezing conditions... but it will be cosy inside. Preheat will never thaw the outer car surfaces ... it's not like an ICE with copious amounts of heat (eventually) emanating from the engine compartment.

Gummipfledge works great on the windows outer seals, WD40 great on the spring, but it’s the seal at bottom of window/top of door and the ‘bucket’ that the handles sit in that are the problem, neither of which have any effect on. Water ingresses in those inaccessible areas are freezes everything up solid.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
Gummipfledge works great on the windows outer seals, WD40 great on the spring, but it’s the seal at bottom of window/top of door and the ‘bucket’ that the handles sit in that are the problem, neither of which have any effect on. Water ingresses in those inaccessible areas are freezes everything up solid.
Yes the rain/freeze combination seems to be the biggest challenge. It’s a rare event (for me) but I have seen the issues you describe. It’s a design issue that affects cars with frameless windows which need to drop a little to allow the door to open. The door handle “bucket” could perhaps benefit from a drain… but that would probably freeze too! A thump with the heel of my hand on the thick end of the handle has always worked eventually.

(These issues are greatly reduced if you no longer have to leave home at some ungodly hour in the morning of course! )

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Moonshot - auto re-coiling charging cable. There’s space in the boot on the left hand side to do this 😊

More colours especially free options to vary the colours we see on the roads. I love the white colour though but need more variety.

Standard rear tints on the M3?
Premium sound on all M3 models?
I think the above 2 items are standard on all MY models including the RWD/SR+ variants.

A nicer push button feel to the hazard lights. Should be dampened.

Rubber bottom door trims to stop dirt building up on the door sill.

That won’t happen as other items need to be changed to work with the new 16v system.
I didn't mean fitting the higher voltage LI battery Tesla now use - What I'd like is for Tesla software to allow us to replace the 12V lead acid with a 12v li battery - like the ohmm battery. Apparently, the car charges the lead acid differently to an LI so the software could be updated to select lead acid / li when it comes to replacement time (owners that fitted the Ohmm ran into issues with them going flat)

They should put that in the manual...

:)
It took them a while but they still haven’t put in there is how to then open the door because it’s partly opened but the window is still wedged under the trim and won’t drop because it’s stuck solid along the bottom edge of the window/top edge of door.

I’ve owned cars with frameless windows for 35 years and never had the sort of issues that the Model 3 suffers from in damp freezing weather.