Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Work on the fly, as long as I have internet, I can work. This can not last forever so have to take advantage of the time while my kids are not in school yet. Tiger starts pre-K Aug 2015, so my travels will be back to normal (at least I think so!!) I have solved the TSP in South East Asia, not sure bout NA. J/K!!

MikeC, I really gotta say, its really amazing. I got to meet so many people and have grandpa stories to tell now (grandpa in 30+ yrs). Got to see the Arch in St.Louis this morning. So many examples, just cant think of them all right now! I went to Detroit Lake, which I never would have gone to if it was not for Tesla.

What's all 4 routes? The interstates? I think of there being 5 interstate East West routes. 90, 80, 70, 40 and 10. I've done them all too many times to count, but as a trucker. I still have lots of gaps in my Tesla adventures, but I have an annual pass to all National parks now, so lookout! :) EAT LIGHTNING.

I've had an annual pass to all National Parks for over 15 years (I think). They are actually a reasonable deal if you live in the west.:biggrin: The extra money stays in the National Park system, which is "America's Best Idea" so even if I don't go that much I like where the money goes.

Fritts did you really ship your car to Hawaii??

but I have an annual pass to all National parks now, so lookout! :) EAT LIGHTNING.

Not to step on Fritts' toes, but in case he's currently driving, I can answer that... yes! A few of us in St Louis got to have lunch with him and his co-pilot on the westward half of his trip. They started in NY and "would eventually complete a 48-state route in 32 days before Fritts dropped off Elbertson in Washington and continued on to Alaska alone. In the next few weeks, he’ll ship the car to Hawaii and cross the 50th state off the list."

That quote is from this Tesla blog post last November.

So jealous of you cross-country drivers. You all don't have jobs?
Lucky enough to be retired, which has brought back the key vacation resource: time. It means road trips are a viable activity again, unlike when our vacation availability was limited. Now the primary limiting factor is money! And the supercharger network I guess*.

Well, time and the Model S. I can't imagine taking a road trip in an ICE. I don't really know why the Model S is so different, so much better to drive than the mere specs would indicate. Without the S, I can pretty much guarantee we would still take only flight vacations instead of road trips.

* Because, you see, the wife will not sit and wait at a Level 2. Period. Or, at least not happily. Therefore my route choices are clear. :)

Last edited:
We'll be leaving Seattle - home - next week in "GASKIKR" (S85) for Santa Fe, Houston, Naples FL, Baltimore, Bristol RI, Chicago via Toronto/Detroit and home through the Black Hills/Mt. Rushmore . . . then I'll have a few to add to the list - we're only at 21 so far, having been here to Palm Springs a couple of times. We're both nearly octogenarians, but we'll keep pushing the network, and can't wait till it's complete so we can do it again via the deep Southwest/Texas and home through Nashville St. Louis and Denver. :biggrin:

We just got back from 5,573 mile round trip from northern California to Evanston Illinois and back with a few excursions along the way. The weather was more challenging than I expected for mid April and some of the chargers in Wyoming and South Dakota and in some pretty desolate places. But we made it without needing a tow truck. And we figured out how to cross the supercharger desert of Iowa in order to visit family on the way back. Here is the list:
26. Rocklin
27. Truckee
28. Lovelock
29. Winnemucca
30. Elko
31. West Wendover
32. Toole
33. Salt Lake City
34. Green River
35. Grand Junction
36. Glenwood Springs
37. Silverthorne
38. Cheyenne
39. Lusk
40. Rapid City
41. Murdo
42. Mitchel
43. Worthington
44. Albert Lea
45. La Crosse
46. Mauston
47. Madison
48. Pleasant Prairie
49. Aurora
50. Nephi
51. Roseville

Owner;98 Fritts did you really ship your car to Hawaii??[/QUOTE said:
$1100 each way. I was there mid December to March. I also met the Tesla owner closest to the southernmost tip of the USA.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to step on Fritts' toes, but in case he's currently driving, I can answer that... yes! A few of us in St Louis got to have lunch with him and his co-pilot on the westward half of his trip. They started in NY and "would eventually complete a 48-state route in 32 days before Fritts dropped off Elbertson in Washington and continued on to Alaska alone. In the next few weeks, he’ll ship the car to Hawaii and cross the 50th state off the list."

That quote is from this Tesla blog post last November.
Thanks! it's usually a fair guess that I'm busy driving. :)

I also met the Tesla owner closest to the southernmost tip of the USA

Someday, someone also has to meet up with the Tesla owner with the northernmost registered Tesla in North America. That would be me....at N63.02º (I think the official map has me further south, but that's because our Post Office - thus our zip code - is some 80 miles south of Paxson).

Now, eventually there will be a Tesla in Fairbanks (thus even further north), but that's not going to happen anytime soon, I still believe. A whole lot of Norwegians have me beat - it's that danged Gulfstream Current, donchaknow.... :wink:. But not in NoAm.

$1100 each way. I was there mid December to March. I also met the Tesla owner closest to the southernmost tip of the USA.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! it's usually a fair guess that I'm busy driving. :)

So, I met this guy in Utah charging, and he says he just got done taking his Tesla to all 50 states, and I'm going "whoa dude, what about Hawaii?" and then I remember reading a thread about someone who actually shipped his car to Hawaii and thinking "that's hard core". What are the odds? Well, if you visit enough superchargers, I guess you're almost 100% sure of running into Fritts.

DSC_5995a.jpg

Or, alternatively, running into the guy who is dominating the record for most superchargers visited. Hi, Tam! Nice to see you again.
DSC_6239a.jpg

Last edited:
What's all 4 routes? The interstates? I think of there being 5 interstate East West routes. 90, 80, 70, 40 and 10. I've done them all too many times to count, but as a trucker. I still have lots of gaps in my Tesla adventures, but I have an annual pass to all National parks now, so lookout! :) EAT LIGHTNING.

The Tesla 4 Main Routes are: I have will complete 3 of 4 this May. Missing the 4th one.

1. MA to Chicago, South Dakota, WY, UT, NV, then CA
2. MA to St.Louis, KC, CO, UT, CA
3. MA to KC, OK, TX, NM, AZ, CA
4. FL to TX, OK, NM, AZ, CA

- - - Updated - - -

How you doing Ed? Great seeing you and glad we got to see the battery swap area.

Status
Not open for further replies.