Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We did a trip to San Diego earlier this month, so I just updated my stats…

Here's some other stats I've kept:

• Unique Supercharger sites visited: 32
  • Total Supercharger sessions: 59
  • States visited: 5
  • Rated Miles added via Supercharging: 6,572. That's about 17% of the total miles on my car (just under 39k miles)
  • Most supercharges in 1 day: 6 on Aug 4, 2014, when we drove from Canon Beach, OR to San Jose.
  • Average supercharger stop: 52 min (note -- I have a 60, which maxes out at 105KW, and we need to get into the taper zone more frequently).
  • Shortest supercharger stop: 5 min. Didn't actually need to charge, but my 8 year old needed a potty break, and the Buckeye supercharger was 2-3 miles ahead… Figured it would save a couple min in Quartzsite at the next charge stop.
  • Longest supercharger stop: 2 hours 5 min. We did a full range charge during our 2014 road trip from AZ to BC -- started at 32 RM, and finished at 199RM. It reached 199 RM at about 1 hour 25 min into the charge -- this was at Gilroy and all SC stalls were full when we arrived (one of 2 times I've had to wait to charge -- a whopping 2 min), but that means we did not get full capacity -- Visible Tesla stats show an initial charge was at ~22kW for about 20 min, then it ramped up to ~44KW for another 20 min, then it maxed out at ~55KW before intercepting the regular taper curve. When we had enough charge to go, there were plenty of open slots, and we wanted to visit a few more stores, so we decided to let the car stay on the Supercharger until "charging complete" was displayed...

Here's the list -- sorted by the # of times I've charged at each:

Wickenburg5
Quartzsite4
Buckeye3
Cordes Junction3
Flagstaff3
Grants Pass3
Indio3
Laguna Seca3
Burlington2
Centralia2
Corning2
Gilroy2
Mt Shasta2
Springfield2
Vacaville2
Woodburn2
Atascadero1
Barstow1
Buelton1
Cabazon1
Culver City1
El Centro1
Fremont1
Gila Bend1
Harris Ranch1
Hawthorn1
Kingman1
Las Vegas1
Rancho Cucamonga1
San Diego (Qualcomm)1
Tejon Ranch1
Yuma1

Last edited:
Thought: If you plugged it in yourself and it was direct battery access, then it should count. Even if it was at a Service Center or even at a private location. But if you counted the old Lone Tree temp charger already then you should not also count the permanent Lone Tree supercharger.
Seems reasonable to me. I'll keep Tysons Corner off my "official" tally since I'm not the one who plugged it in, but I've noted it in parentheses in my count and list of locations.

Hi,

I recently created a spreadsheet that calculates how many rated miles you will consume when driving from one supercharger to another. Because in this topic there are many people who visit lots of superchargers, I thought I will mention it here and I also need more data to fine to the algorithms. If you would like to contribute data:

1. Open this file Tesla Model S energy consumption calculator between two superchargers - Google Sheets
2. Switch to page "Survey" and fill out the data. You don't need to know kWh consumption. You can enter rated range when you left a station and rated range when you arrived at the next.

Even if you don't want to submit data, check out the "Calculator" page where you can test how good the calculator works. I think it should work much better than the built in trip planner and a little better than EVtripplanner. I don't want to distract your topic with this subject that is not directly related. So if you have any comments and feedback about accuracy, there is a topic here.

nhO6rxom.gif

Last edited:
Making a big move up the leader board to 89, representing the east coast. Thought I'd be in the top 5 but looks like others have been busy as well. I may need to crack 100 in order to get to the top 5. But hey, that's something to look forward too :smile: Write-up coming soon.

I notice I never made it to the Wiki page. Could someone put me on it? Please?
Since I have been using more SCs lately, I thought I'd run up my list:

Superchargers visited

1 Vacaville
2 Petaluma
3 Corning
4 Roseville
5 Folsom
6 Rocklin
7 Truckee
8 Shasta
9 Grant’s Pass
10 Springfield
11 Detroit Lake
12 Woodburn
13 Centralia
14 Ellensburg
15 Ritzville
16 Coeur d’Alene
17 The Dalles
18 Pendleton
19 Mountain View
20 San Mateo
21 Gilroy
22 Fremont
23 Harris Ranch
24 Tejon Ranch
25 Mojave
26 Barstow
27 Needles
28 Kingman
29 Wickenburg
30 Buckeye
31 Indio
32 Quartzsite

I'll work on more next year.

After a Utah trip this week, I've now visited a few more superchargers. Let's see.

1 Trinidad, CO
2 Santa Rosa, NM
3 Gallup, NM
4 Farmington, NM
5 Blanding, UT
6 Moab, UT
7 Nephi, UT
8 Richfield, UT
9 Green River, UT
10 Las Vegas, NV
11 Primm, NV
12 Rancho Cucamonga, CA
13 El Centro, CA
14 San Juan Capistrano, CA
15 Hawthorne, CA
16 Culver City, CA
17 Oxnard, CA
18 Buellton, CA
19 Atascadero, CA
20 Gilroy, CA
21 Tejon Ranch, CA
22 Harris Ranch, CA
23 Fremont, CA
24 Vacaville, CA
25 Barstow, CA
26 Yuma, AZ
27 Buckeye, AZ
28 Cordes Lakes, AZ
29 Flagstaff, AZ
30 Holbrook, AZ
31 Gila Bend, AZ

Gee, I need to get out more. Thought list would be longer :)

Oh, also visited on numerous occasions:

32 Las Vegas, NM (under construction)
33 Albuquerque, NM (under construction)

After a Utah trip this week, I've now visited a few more superchargers. Let's see.

Gee, I need to get out more. Thought list would be longer :)

Oh, also visited on numerous occasions:

32 Las Vegas, NM (under construction)
33 Albuquerque, NM (under construction)

I think the criteria for counting a "Supercharger visited", is that you actually plugged in and got at least a mile of range charged into your car.

I have visited two or three Superchargers under-construction and one temporary Supercharger (really long line), but could not/did not charge at any of them.
When you go back to Las Vegas, NM and Albuquerque and get that first charge, then you can count them.

ALSO: There is a WIKI page that people have been posting the number and locations of Superchargers visited.

Drove to Cedar Point (Sandusky OH) with Liz G and beegee. Supercharged at three new locations:

37. Indianapolis IN
38. Lima OH
39. Dayton OH

On the way back, after driving several hundred miles without seeing any other Teslas, I pulled in to the Indianapolis charger to find two others charging. By the time I left, 3 more had arrived. Visually, we were almost all identical. :)

IMG_20150830_145444_cropped_halfsize.jpg

Put it in the list, or it didn't happen. Also, get tamman34 to teach you the secret handshake for the century club.

I'm waiting on having something other than an iPhone or iPad for data entry, but since you're playing along at home... :)

101. Oklahoma City
102. Ardmore
103. Corsicana
104. Waco
105. San Marcos
106. Columbus
107. Houston
108. Huntsville
109. Lake Charles
110. Baton Rouge

I'm waiting on having something other than an iPhone or iPad for data entry, but since you're playing along at home... :)

101. Oklahoma City
102. Ardmore
103. Corsicana
104. Waco
105. San Marcos
106. Columbus
107. Houston
108. Huntsville
109. Lake Charles
110. Baton Rouge

Well, there's that southern swing you were talking about….
I don't know why I was hoping you'd stop at 100 :smile:
I have to say that you're really making me miss the road. Congrats and travel well!

Well, there's that southern swing you were talking about….
I don't know why I was hoping you'd stop at 100 :smile:
I have to say that you're really making me miss the road. Congrats and travel well!

Thanks, Bill-
I was a little taken aback when I saw 130 would be necessary to even show, so my competitive juices got to flowing:) I'm just going one supercharger at a time--no real itinerary or tentative final count, but I have to be back to WY in a week! End goal is Marathon Key so I'm averaging over 1000 miles per day so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.