TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by WhiteStarSal, Dec 19, 2018.

1. kbecks13

kbecks13 Active Member

From factory, you have very limited range of adjustment for rear toe and zero for camber. The arms allows you to adjust and re-align the car properly after lowering it. If you aren't lowering the car a ton (more than 1") you will probably be fine without the adjustable arms.

2. capn00

capn00 Member

I will send them an email about that option. I thought I read that somewhere else as well but I can’t find that post anymore.

Didn’t really want to pay for the adjustable shocks to get stainless, but I am also possibly going to miss out on the pre-order discount if I keep debating with myself endlessly...

• Like x 1
  3. gilscales

gilscales Active Member

Also having had adjustable and non adjustable coilovers on 2 different cars, It is nice to be able to adjust them to your liking even though once you find the "Sweet spot" you will likely never adjust them again, if you have fixed then you get a balanced adjustment that may be to firm or soft to your liking, on my adjustable ones I was in the softest 25% of the adjustment range for my preference, just something to think about.

4. Dbregmam

Dbregmam Member

Can anyone give me some idea what it would cost to install these? I'm in Southern California.

5. gilscales

gilscales Active Member

#45 gilscales, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    my guess is $400? for the coilovers then you will need an alignment after about 500 to 1,000 miles to give the springs a chance to settle (they can drop up to 1/2") There are so many places capable of installing the coilovers and camber & toe arms if you want to add those as well, Evasive motorsports in Santa Fe Springs installed some for me in the past and they are the ones that are also handling a group buy for model 3 specific forged wheels from Titan 7 wheels

Contact Us

6. Skione65

Skione65 Member

@capn00,

Let us know what you find. How much is the discount?

Ski

7. Perry

Perry Active Member

Is there an actual discount if we pre-order? The site for sport states: Estimated Price $2550
    Is this the discounted price or the non discounted price?

8. lbowroom

lbowroom Member

You mean we don't get it for $200? ;-) I have been wondering about the actual price when available.

• Funny x 1
  9. aspec818

aspec818 Member

beautiful! perfect stance!

10. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

Someone literally asked me if the total price was $200. I've also had people ask if the price was for all 4 or if it was per corner.

• Funny x 2
  11. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Active Member

Wait. Wha? That's not the pre-order special price?? :p

12. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

A lot of Model 3 owners were never interested in modifying their car before they owned a Tesla, so our job is also to educate!

• Like x 3
  13. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Active Member

Good point.

I told myself (and maybe my wife) that I was done modifying once I bought the Tesla.

I really should stop lying to myself.

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  14. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

It's already too late. Maybe the next EV...

15. 2018M3

2018M3 Member

Do it guys, mpp coilover vs oem is night and day. Thx @MountainPass for making such great product!

FE026CB0-C7BC-4654-A49F-FF5D27E32458.jpeg

• Like x 3
  16. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

65D6EEA1-9FE1-4762-B34C-4A342B27F916.jpeg Tried my buddies Model 3 on coils and they rode great for about 2 hours up in Angeles Crest highway , we burned about 130 miles of range zipping thru the glorious roads

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  17. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

Love it! Enjoy your weekend!

18. dgaultiere

dgaultiere Member

Yes, as others stated it’s simply not good ride quality on springs alone. It’s possible lowering springs can work well on other cars but my experience with the Model 3 is not good. And I’m not complaining about a “firm” ride here - I drove a GTI for a few years, so I’m pretty used to firmness. You can have a firm suspension that is still well balanced and handles bumps and divots with poise. This is not my experience with the t sportline springs on the 3. Small divots and bumps like road reflectors really jostle the car. In fact the suspension is not very stiff on slow bumps and road undulations, but it’s not at all composed on rough roads.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  19. Ciditad

Ciditad Member

You and me both...

20. dfwatt

dfwatt Active Member

Hah! Most of this forum qualifies for a 12-step program in Modifiers Anonymous

• Like x 2