Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coils NUMBERS ONLY THREAD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe mine are set at 13/12 front and 12/12 rear. Thinking of still making them softer to increase ride quality. Anyone running them at 14/14 still?

In regards to ride height. strangely for me, my installer (who is local to MPP and works with them), pretty well maxed out my ride height settings to the best possible position without compromising the effect of ride quality, and I'm probably 0.5" to 0.75" lower than stock.
I'm at 14/14 all around and I'm satisfied with them in my area (rough roads in the suburbs of Chicago). I am running my tires at 42 psi though and may drop to 39 or 40 to see if that makes the ride better. If it does, I may start stiffening the suspension to find a sweet spot.

I also had my installer max out my height (no lift kit), but I'm not certain how much lower than stock (for the MY LR) it is. I remember it being a few millimeters lower, but will measure again and share.

I believe mine are set at 13/12 front and 12/12 rear. Thinking of still making them softer to increase ride quality. Anyone running them at 14/14 still?

In regards to ride height. strangely for me, my installer (who is local to MPP and works with them), pretty well maxed out my ride height settings to the best possible position without compromising the effect of ride quality, and I'm probably 0.5" to 0.75" lower than stock.

I'm going to try changing my ride height to this... still don't like the handling I have with the setup. I'm currently super low... =X.

Yeah initially mine settled super low after install. My mud flaps were like 0.75" off the ground.
Mine went low as well. I think the fronts were around 15.75". I drove 1700 miles round trip to Alabama. When I got back I pulled the front tires to adjust the height up and found the inside tread of both tires worn quite a bit. I'm going to get as close to 16.5" as I can, adjusting next TUE when I get my first chance to do the adjustment.

Currently running the stock Goodyears on the 20" rims. I have 5.3mm of tread depth. About 6.5/32"

Remove the springs stacar on jack at ride height. Get another jack push the suspension up till starts to move the car up if the body jack, the distance moved is from ride height to the bump stop being fully bottomed out. So for my model y with coilovers the static ride height is 15.5 inch front hub center to the edge of the wheel arch. When fully bottomed ut that measurement is 13.5 inches.

36k miles, MPPs at 25k miles.

Now on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4s, OEM size...255/45 X 19. Decided to try dropping tire PSI to 38, ambient temps around 50f.

Adjusted the MPPs to a firmer setting all around: F: 10/10, R: 8/8.

The softer tire PSI number allows the sidewalls to flex more, dramatically softening the harsh "slap" of concrete expansion cracks.
The firmer compression/rebound helps to control the additional mvmt of the lower PSI tires.

This is the smoothest setting I've found so far.

Reactions: JonB65
36k miles, MPPs at 25k miles.

Now on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4s, OEM size...255/45 X 19. Decided to try dropping tire PSI to 38, ambient temps around 50f.

Adjusted the MPPs to a firmer setting all around: F: 10/10, R: 8/8.

The softer tire PSI number allows the sidewalls to flex more, dramatically softening the harsh "slap" of concrete expansion cracks.
The firmer compression/rebound helps to control the additional mvmt of the lower PSI tires.

This is the smoothest setting I've found so far.
Nice!! I have about 15k miles and just adjusted mine to F:10/10 and R:10/8 and like it so far. MYLR is dropped 0.5" from stock.

I have a new issue right now, my mudflaps seem to be scraping on speed bumps! So initially, I was supposed to have F: 12/12 and R: 12/10. After I figured out how to adjust the settings, it appears that I had my settings at F: 4/12 and R: 4/10. Once I fixed it back up to 12/12 and 12/10, It seemed ok. About a week ago I started rubbing on speed bumps that I've been going over for the past 6 months. So I tried to stiffen it a bit more to currently to 10/10 and 10/8.

Does anyone know a work around to this, make the compression stiffer, I don't want to raise the car higher since it's just a mild 0.5" drop? I don't know why this is happening now but I had to replace my mudflaps after the old ones sheered off last week, which I've had for 2.5 years already without issues.

Nice!! I have about 15k miles and just adjusted mine to F:10/10 and R:10/8 and like it so far. MYLR is dropped 0.5" from stock.

I have a new issue right now, my mudflaps seem to be scraping on speed bumps! So initially, I was supposed to have F: 12/12 and R: 12/10. After I figured out how to adjust the settings, it appears that I had my settings at F: 4/12 and R: 4/10. Once I fixed it back up to 12/12 and 12/10, It seemed ok. About a week ago I started rubbing on speed bumps that I've been going over for the past 6 months. So I tried to stiffen it a bit more to currently to 10/10 and 10/8.

Does anyone know a work around to this, make the compression stiffer, I don't want to raise the car higher since it's just a mild 0.5" drop? I don't know why this is happening now but I had to replace my mudflaps after the old ones sheered off last week, which I've had for 2.5 years already without issues.
Sounds like your springs are settling a bit and your car is riding lower than before. I had the same thing. Adjusting the shocks won't do anything as that only affects the damping. You need to lift the car and adjust the spring perches again.

Reactions: JonB65