Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Lift Kit Install Instructions, Range Discussion & Driving Impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So y’all saying that 235/55r19 falken wildpeak will fit on the stock geminis without having to lift anything and touch anything?
i think they'll fit but you'll be subject to curb rash with the wheel sticking out past the tire.. it might look funny too who knows... let us know!

MPP lift and adjustable rear camber arms installed! 245/60-18 Viking Contact winter rubber on stock Model 3 18’s. 🤘
89EB2F26-AC84-4DBE-B2C1-BB28E7E0F7DC.jpeg
B9605F57-90C2-46B9-A0D1-CD0F2E28A055.jpeg

Attachments

• A22B09DA-1389-468B-930A-1FE9B76806AF.jpeg
    A22B09DA-1389-468B-930A-1FE9B76806AF.jpeg
    911.2 KB · Views: 89
The restriction is the front upper knuckle thing I posted a pic of mine above. With standard offset and wheel width, the limit is 29.5” or 751mm. I use this online calculator to check on things.
I would think with the taller 235/65-18 (763mm) you would still need to push the wheel out a little to clear the arm.

Reactions: EchoDelta and Nakk
Greetings everyone. I'm new to the forum. Based in Bellingham WA. Have had my MY for 1.5 years. My main complaint is lots of flat tires on the stock tire setup when driving gravel road. I've had the MPP lift installed for a while and I'm trying to decide on my next tires.

I ran Vredestein Quatrac Pro 225/60/18s on Ritchee 18x8 +40mm rims for winter but they're wearing out fast. I'd like to go for a max size AT tire for summer and keep the Vredesteins for snow (which they were great for). I have the $300 extra set of TPMSs on order... you're welcome Elon!

I'm wondering if anyone in the forum has tried running Falken WP AT 245/55/19s on stock Gemini wheels on a MY with a MPP lift?

I checked out the YouTube link toAdeel Khan Adventures... the guy with the white MY, and he does specifically say in his comments the he runs these tires with no rubbing. Looks like his insta account @outdoortech1 is either hidden or deleted though. I DMed him on YouTube to see if he has any current info about how the setup is doing.

Aside from fitting the maximum sized tire on the Gemini rims with no rubbing, I'm wondering if the relatively narrow 245 width tire might have problems on the 9.5" Gemini rim. My local tire shop guy thinks they would be ok but might have some uneven treadwear issues. I'm not too worried about the increased curbing exposure too much. Any first havnd experience or links to someone with firsthand experience would be much appreciated.

Greetings everyone. I'm new to the forum. Based in Bellingham WA. Have had my MY for 1.5 years. My main complaint is lots of flat tires on the stock tire setup when driving gravel road. I've had the MPP lift installed for a while and I'm trying to decide on my next tires.

I ran Vredestein Quatrac Pro 225/60/18s on Ritchee 18x8 +40mm rims for winter but they're wearing out fast. I'd like to go for a max size AT tire for summer and keep the Vredesteins for snow (which they were great for). I have the $300 extra set of TPMSs on order... you're welcome Elon!

I'm wondering if anyone in the forum has tried running Falken WP AT 245/55/19s on stock Gemini wheels on a MY with a MPP lift?

I checked out the YouTube link toAdeel Khan Adventures... the guy with the white MY, and he does specifically say in his comments the he runs these tires with no rubbing. Looks like his insta account @outdoortech1 is either hidden or deleted though. I DMed him on YouTube to see if he has any current info about how the setup is doing.

Aside from fitting the maximum sized tire on the Gemini rims with no rubbing, I'm wondering if the relatively narrow 245 width tire might have problems on the 9.5" Gemini rim. My local tire shop guy thinks they would be ok but might have some uneven treadwear issues. I'm not too worried about the increased curbing exposure too much. Any first havnd experience or links to someone with firsthand experience would be much appreciated.
Sounds like you're ready to spring for 18" wheels.. I did it and have no regrets.. lots more options.. granted it handles a bit worse but the Y is not a track car imo

I’ve been running Wildpeaks for the past 6 months but on smaller 235/55r19 on stock geminis. It will definitely fit a 245 wide falken. So far no issues, I’ve taken it on some light trails, snow and all around driving is definitely improved. Hit some nasty pot holes too with no punctures so far.

First off, let me start out with a disclaimer. I am not a professional mechanic or an engineer. I do not recommend that you follow these instructions. This is merely an account of how I installed this lift kit in my car and it is only for entertainment purposes. If you install this kit, you should hire a professional licensed mechanic. This procedure is dangerous and you could be severely injured or killed. I wrote this in the manner of instructions ONLY to entertain and give you the feel of installing a lift kit in your own head, a fantasy if you will. Nothing in this story should be construed as actual instructions on performing this task. It is merely a story and I recommend that you only rely on the advice of professional mechanics if you decide to perform mechanical work of any kind.

There was no way I could post this as a thread due to the restrictions on attachments here. So I created a PDF and attached it to this post. If I had known everything in this file I could have cut my install time in half.
Tsportline has a very easy to follow steps. MPP installation is exactly the same i believe as they are same kits:

Good observation...
@MountainPass
Now that i got your attention, I have a question::)

"The rear is very straightforward, the most important step is retorquing the bushings at ride height, not at full droop!"
"Use the jack to raise the rear knuckle to ride height, and torque the two 21mm bolts to 80ft-lb."

With this you meant retorquing when the lift jacks are removed and car is on wheels (ride height)? So hand tighten them first, drop the car and torque all bolts? And same fr camber arm bolts?

Last edited:
@MountainPass
Now that i got your attention, I have a question::)

"The rear is very straightforward, the most important step is retorquing the bushings at ride height, not at full droop!"
"Use the jack to raise the rear knuckle to ride height, and torque the two 21mm bolts to 80ft-lb."

With this you meant retorquing when the lift jacks are removed and car is on wheels (ride height)? So hand tighten them first, drop the car and torque all bolts? And same fr camber arm bolts?
Any hardware that connects to a rubber bushing like the spring arm needs to be torqued at ride height. You can either jack up the knuckle until the jack is supporting the weight of the corner then torque them, or you can torque them on a 4-post alignment rack. Either way, the rubber bushings should be torqued at a height that is as close to the actual driving height as possible! If you torque rubber bushings like that at full droop, they will tear quickly and also bind up quite a bit when you lower the car.

This goes for the front upper control arm as well since those bushings are rubber!

Reactions: lonsomecrow
Any hardware that connects to a rubber bushing like the spring arm needs to be torqued at ride height. You can either jack up the knuckle until the jack is supporting the weight of the corner then torque them, or you can torque them on a 4-post alignment rack. Either way, the rubber bushings should be torqued at a height that is as close to the actual driving height as possible! If you torque rubber bushings like that at full droop, they will tear quickly and also bind up quite a bit when you lower the car.

This goes for the front upper control arm as well since those bushings are rubber!
Isnt ride height same when i remove jack and car is on its own weight? I can drop the jacks and then tighten them? Why I need to jack up the knuckle ?

Thanks for the awesome info. I have purchased a MPP lift kit for my Model Y performance. I’m interested to know if anyone has upgraded tires from the 255 35 21s to a higher side wall 255 40 21? Will it fit? I plan on burning up the first set before mounting the lift kit with a new set of tires

Reasons:

1 the 1.75 rise in height creates such a massive gap it would be nice to close it up a bit
2 more comfort over NZs pothole riddled roads. Many thanks from anyone who has done this.

I installed MPP lift kit with Camber arm and my alignment does not look right. Shop mentioned they tried rotating tires and all alignment signals are green but when i drive it on the road it tries to go to the right if i leave my hand off steering. They couldn't figure out why...anyone has seen this issue or any suggestion ?

I installed MPP lift kit with Camber arm and my alignment does not look right. Shop mentioned they tried rotating tires and all alignment signals are green but when i drive it on the road it tries to go to the right if i leave my hand off steering. They couldn't figure out why...anyone has seen this issue or any suggestion ?
Did you try going into service mode to reset the steering angle offset? Video linked below: