TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ms seen in Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by vfx, Dec 21, 2013.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

2. Ames

Ames Member

I can confirm this, it appears that it was parked outside the Mubadala HQ. There was also one in Qatar recently.

I plan to stalk this owner and and bombard him/her with a few hundred questions. I showed the article to my wife and now she's cross that I wasn't the first. Ce la vie...in my defense I still can't decide between P+ / P, 19's and 21's, Tan or Black, Cloth or leather...Anyway, first question European or American?

3. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Reading the comments in the http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2013...abu-dhabi-uae/ article, it seems there is also a black Model S someone spotted a month prior to the photographed white one.
    So, yours might be number THREE, at best.

I have a S85, it is plenty fast for me.
    The P and P+ are REALLY fast, so depending on your road driving conditions, driving attitude and size of your bank account: go for it...
    Since you will be getting a RED MS, maybe P85+?
    If you want to ensure a bit of road clearance, get the air suspension.
    The MS is a long, low car with long overhangs. Under certain conditions, Raising the suspension is the best 5 seconds you'll ever do for your car.

I don't know your typical road conditions, but 19" wheels are more durable and forgiving than the 21" wheels and low profile tires.
    And the tires will last longer.
    And the 19" tires don't cost as much to replace.
    IF you are smitten with the turbine wheels, there are several Options for your review and consideration.
    Tesla offers some, and there are some great looking after-market toys to adorn you MS with.

19 Turbine Wheel Solution - Page 35

I love my tan leather interior.
    I have the Obeche gloss, Matte is gorgeous too.

Hope you will soon be able to complete your order and take delivery!

4. Owner

Owner Active Member

Interesting. I was in Abu Dhabi last year. Gas prices there are cheap! Great someone there is joining the electrical movement.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

6. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

I wonder when they were incorporated…

7. No Tailpipe

No Tailpipe Member

It's odd to see a dealer plate "Tesla Motors" on a brand new BMW 3 series. Could this be foreshadowing of things we'll see in the future after Tesla "retail centers" have been around for awhile? ;-)

8. lloyds

lloyds Member

With enough money, much can be achieved or bought

9. DrJohnM

DrJohnM Member

I also see a company in Dubai renting out green cars and that they have a Roadster in the fleet Car Rental Dubai, Car Leasing, Rent a Car in Dubai UAE, Car Hire Airport Terminal Abu Dhabi

Their digital brochure shows a Model S, but I think that is aspirational rather than current reality.

You are not going to save that much having an electric car here in Dubai. The examples, they give - 36,000km will cost 8,500AED for petrol or 1,250AED in electricity, saving 7,250AED (22,369 miles costing 2,314USD for gas or 340USD in electricity, saving 1,973USD) - but look at it another way 1,500USD of electricity to travel 100,000 miles! The Salik charges would probably be 10x more :)

10. Ames

Ames Member

True, even though we have the most expensive petrol in the region it costs me AED 100 (US$ 27) to fill up my gas-guzzling FJ Cruiser, which typically gets me 280 miles. When I'm in Kuwait I pay about half that. I wouldn't get a Model S to save on petrol, just because it's so freakin cool :cool:

11. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

12. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

#12 SwedishAdvocate, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

Allegedly in Dubai (UAE).

13. pairtrader

pairtrader Member

I have a friend that lives in Abu Dhabi and I visited him last fall. Gas is indeed cheap, but he says he burns through it amazingly fast because his vehicle has a massive air conditioner that must be on full blast 6+ months of the year. It was inhumanely hot there in September.