Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt. Washington Auto Road in a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife has been emailing with the General Manager of the auto road. There is a slight chance that there will be a Clipper Creek CS-90 charger installed some time this week. He has the charger but is just waiting on installation. He has been watching the thread here and is very excited about seeing all the Tesla's.

Hey! You spoiled my surprise! :)

I didn't want to say anything until they actually complete the installation and test it out, but they are shooting to have it operational before the end of the week. They will contact me as soon as they have news to report and I'll be sure to share it here.

Also, I have a request for all you New Englanders.. could some one whip up some references on how many Teslas there might be driving in both the US and for New England in particular? It doesn't matter if it is older numbers, but I wasn't able to get it easily from Tesla sources due to the proximity of the Q2 report and figured someone here might have some numbers handy.

Oh man haha! We should setup a schedule of sorts for this charger? If 13 teslas show up - all of is can't charge :)

I think most of us are planning an overnight stay to charge up (I was planning on going to the campground on arrival as well to get some charge too), I know there are a few of us staying at the "Tarry Ho Campground" (36-40 miles away), as they have 14-50's. with that said, those of us that have "dual chargers" could get a big jump on that with an hour each (~40-42 miles) of range, so I'm sure sharing it would work out. also for anyone that doesn't have enough range to get to their campgrounds after the climb and descent, they should have first priority.

I am in. Cant wait. Bhuwan I am coming over from Route 89 just south of Hanover, so I'll miss the chance to come up in tandem. Tarry Ho folks- any chance I could charge about 75 min on the way there or way back? I will be driving right by the campground and charged there last week for a few hours (posted above). Psyched.

I'll be at the KOA in twin mountain NH Friday and Saturday night pitching a tent between RV's at a 50 amp site. Already spoke to them about having a couple cars. Another option for those that need a charge pre or post the climb. Likely room for another car if you want to share a site, pm me.

We will be tenting alongside the RV's here as well for Saturday night. Should be arriving mid afternoon for some charging before the climb. We will look for any other Model S's with tents. See you then.

I am planning a trip from Montreal to Ocean City with my Model S and was looking for some accommodation for the return trip.
I found that Lake Morey Resort has a 14-50 plug available on Recargo.
I just called to confirm. It might be of interest for those coming from/going back to the south after the ascent ... Either overnight or just for a long lunch ...

I will be joining you guys for the outing, arriving on the friday night at Twin Mountain KAO camping and staying there the saturday night also.

Many Thanks for the info on Lake Morey Resort! Saved us from setting up and taking down the tent two nights in a row. This worked out to be a perfect distance from the Milford Supercharger for our trip from PA on Friday. See you at Twin Mountains Saturday.

I am in. Cant wait. Bhuwan I am coming over from Route 89 just south of Hanover, so I'll miss the chance to come up in tandem. Tarry Ho folks- any chance I could charge about 75 min on the way there or way back? I will be driving right by the campground and charged there last week for a few hours (posted above). Psyched.

Many Thanks for the info on Lake Morey Resort! Saved us from setting up and taking down the tent two nights in a row. This worked out to be a perfect distance from the Milford Supercharger for our trip from PA on Friday. See you at Twin Mountains Saturday.

I recently met a Model S owner in Hanover NH who would probably volunteer his HPWC to anybody who needs it. It will be 2x faster than Lake Morey Inn. If he's not home, he knows another MS owner in Hanover who has offered his HPWC in the past. Let me know and I'll contact him. Neither one is on PlugShare.

I'm not really on the way except maybe for those coming from points west or So West but I have a 70A Roadster plug and a NEMA 14-50 in Thetford VT about 4 mi off I-91 Exit 14. It's on PlugShare. It's about 15 min from Lake Morey Inn. Poor cell service but nice walking trail along the river.

We'll be heading up Friday afternoon, and won't need our charger after the morning. It is definitely open to anyone who might find it useful. Just pull in to the drive way and plug up. You'll want to pull up fairly close to the bulkhead so the cable will reach, I have a little reflector post to keep you from going too far.

Also, everyone who is coming, please heed this update.

Since I will be paying and picking up the passes around 6:30, I need to have an accurate count of everyone who expects to attend. If you are able to use the meetup site ( Mt. Washington Auto Road climb - New England Tesla Motors Club (Boston, MA) - Meetup ) to RSVP, that would be very helpful. If you can't or don't wish to sign up there for some reason, please drop me a PM (even if you have previously done so) letting me know that you *aren't* RSVPed on meetup, and how many will be in your party.

Also, if you have RSVPed with children, please make sure the RSVP indicates the total number of people, but please also add a comment there (if you haven't done so) or PM me here with your name on Meetup and how many children are under 5 or 5 to 12 so I can be sure I get the right number of free and discounted passes.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there, I believe it will be a very fun and exciting event!

-Daniel

Very good news. Mt. Washington has confirmed that their charger is up and running. If anyone would be interested in checking it out on Friday or earlier on Saturday, please give me an e-mail address and I'll forward it on to one of the people at Mt. Washington.

Hey Everyone! Mat here from Watertown.

I will be coming up tomorrow evening and bringing a collection of extra charging adapters, cables and extension cords just in case anyones plans don't quite work out. If anyone needs to get a hold of me at any time throughout the weekend, please call my cell phone if you have it, or email me.

I look forward to seeing everyone Saturday!

Very good news. Mt. Washington has confirmed that their charger is up and running. If anyone would be interested in checking it out on Friday or earlier on Saturday, please give me an e-mail address and I'll forward it on to one of the people at Mt. Washington.

What type of chargers have they installed? 30 Amps? 50Amps (CS-60)? 70 amps (CS-90)? 80 Amps (CS-100)?

Oups ... sorry ... I just got the answer on the previous page ... sorry ... but good ... a CS-90 ...only one, but it's a beginning!!

BTW, they have a NEMA 10-30 outlet in the manager house upstairs ... I used it last year when I climbed Mt Washington with my Ford Focus Electric last year (the first 100% all electric on that Mountain).

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year with my MS ... my wife is at 38 weeks pregnant (3rd kid).

Sly

Last edited:

Great to hear you can attend. If you need a quick charge I have an RV spot in Glen, NH reserved. Only 15 miles south on rt 16 from the bottom of the Mt.

Hey Everyone! Mat here from Watertown.

I will be coming up tomorrow evening and bringing a collection of extra charging adapters, cables and extension cords just in case anyones plans don't quite work out. If anyone needs to get a hold of me at any time throughout the weekend, please call my cell phone if you have it, or email me.

I look forward to seeing everyone Saturday!

Mat You Da Man!!!:cool: Thank you so much! It's really great to have Tesla's unofficial support for this event via Watertown Service!

Hi Folks,
i picked up my MS on July 12 in Watertown. Live in Hanover, NH. Twin charger available. I plan to arrive at Mt Washington early AM after driving over. Will drive up early AM, as I must be back for a commitment. Maybe I will meet some of you, but I will not be able to do the group climb at 7pm. Consider me a virtual participant.
ms85, 13834, silver, tan, obece gloss, tech, roof, air, 19, constant Tesla Grin

Hi Folks,
i picked up my MS on July 12 in Watertown. Live in Hanover, NH. Twin charger available. I plan to arrive at Mt Washington early AM after driving over. Will drive up early AM, as I must be back for a commitment. Maybe I will meet some of you, but I will not be able to do the group climb at 7pm. Consider me a virtual participant.
ms85, 13834, silver, tan, obece gloss, tech, roof, air, 19, constant Tesla Grin

Newampster,

By "twin charger available", I gather you mean you have a HPWC installed in your driveway. Have you listed it in plugshare.com? If you can, it would definitely help people who are trying to plot out their trip there and back.