Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps & Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was my mistake too , ordered the car in Sept , got the car late Dec 2021 . I ordered the mud flap OEM online not know it is the front mudflaps only.
They do not warn you when you order with TESLA online. If you get after market , I would go for all 4 mudflaps all matching. I just installed mine and did not bother as the after market will likely not match.

Reactions: squirk
Not everyone's cup of tea, but I have these on my M3P and the protection level is unmatched with the cheaper alternatives. For winters in PA I find these a must.

Unfortunately the price is also unmatched with the cheaper alternatives ;)

But then again, if you want effective protection, your only other option is PPF on your doors and that'll run you even more. The little pizza slice of PPF they put from the factory (if you're so lucky) on the rear doors is nowhere near big enough IMO.

Here are front and rear set that match the OEMs and don’t require messing with that pesky bottom screw for the rear flaps. I installed them a couple months ago and they’ve held up great.

I think these are the ones Im going to order too. I wish there were pics of them on amazon, they aren't very good.

But the price is great, and Im wanting to get the OEM look, also the fronts look like the provide a lot of coverage, don't cover the sides like a lot of the other ones. These Look less "Molded" to the sides of the wheel-wells? If that makes any sense.

I installed these flaps today on the front and back. Super easy install. I don’t know if the rear flaps are necessary, but they can’t hurt and make the car look more symmetrical imo.

They look identical to the OEM front flaps and seem to be high quality. We’ll see how they hold up over time.
What clips did you use? Are you aware that the included clips with the separate screw need to be broken off in order to be removed?